• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No D word here

Just for fun I thought I would start a thread about cycling with out reference to you know what or you know who - just for those innocents of us who still believe in Santa Claus, Tooth Fairies and can't wait for the best of the Spring Classics, the Grand Tours, the Worlds... it's going to be a cracking season...

For me I am psyched about seeing:

1. The best one day racers thrash it out over the cobbles in the next few weeks - Cancellara, Boonen, Hushovd
2. The best GT riders get stuck into the most innovative parcours we have seen in years in the Giro and the TDF and how all the comeback kides will fair
3. The main TDF contenders duking it out on the slopes of Ventoux

It's going to be awesome - what are you looking forward to seeing?

I am looking forward to this weekend - my bets are on Hushovd and Cervelo. Haussler would be a nice surprise.

Can't wait for Tour of Flanders - my favorite race of the year.

Always hopping Hincapie can pull it off. The problem is, it's not that he shows up out-of-form, but that he crashes or has mechanicals at the worst time.

Getting excited about the Giro - I will be in Europe the last week in May and the first week in June - so I am looking forward to watching on a proper station. I am still trying to find a way to make my way to Italy for the last week, but it is not likely.

I am doing average in Fantasy Cycling; to get ahead, I am going to need Cav, Hushovd, and Boonen to get an overall win, but Millar and O'Grady would be even better. Not sure too many have the latter 2 on their roster.
Millar is concentrating on himself this year - so hoping his form is coming along.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Would love to see Aussie world domination!!!

McEwen wins Milan-San Remo
O'Grady wins second Paris- Roubaix
Evans finally wins the tour

Looking forward to some epic Alberto Contadoper and Lance Pharmastr.... Oh wait.

No, but in all seriousness, I'm going to france for a week and a half during the tour (and will be catching 4 stages, including Ventoux, the Annecy TT, as well as what I hope will be an awesome Champs Elysees battle!) I'm also psyched because I'll also get to ride a few of the big cols as well.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to every event this year as well as all the developing stories.

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
lookkg386 said:
Would love to see Aussie world domination!!!

McEwen wins Milan-San Remo
O'Grady wins second Paris- Roubaix
Evans finally wins the tour

Although in that case Mick Rogers needs to win something too, maybe another World TT jersey?

I'd love to see Alberto learning his lesson by Lance in the Tour, though I guess if Conta doesn't have the jersey the last day, he will be attacking in the Champs Elyssees...

Hincapie winning PR or Flanders would be nice too!

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
:confused:
Outback steakhouse?, never heard of it.
But seriously an Aussie Pro team is getting closer, the cycling talent is there but funnily enough the financial backing isn't. We have some continental teams developing.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I'll see you on Ventoux. I'll be down there for the last five stages. Ventoux will be nuts, be sure to monitor your Spanish homemade wine intake.

TRENDING THREADS