• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No Giro for Euskaltel

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
As reported by cyclingnews, also next year Euskaltel wont be riding the Giro.

Igor Gonzales de Galdeano say "we'll be aiming at home races, Tour and Vuelta" so what's the big deal with the Pro Tour license?
I mean, for sure they will be racing home races, for sure the Vuelta, so...they get the license just for be sure to be at the Tour?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Good idea for mine. It's only going to be neo-pros and Koldo Fernandez finish 8th in the sprints and abandon when all the sprinters quit.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Euskatel are a waste of time in the Protour, really they do jack shyte in the classics, nothing in the giro, a stage win in the tour with Astarloza (we all know what happened to him, and then a second place in Tour of Spain is all they do. MCquaid needs to open his wrinkly eyes.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
cyclegeek said:
can they do that and have a Pro Tour license? Do you not have to participate in all the Grand tours?

I think it might be to do with that the giro is on the historical calendar of the uci's calendar.

TRENDING THREADS