• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

No tweets in four days from you-know-who

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Vacations never slowed his tweeting before.

I think the silence is telling.

He's on vacation and builds sand castles with his lawyer. No time for tweeting. :D
Silence can be very loud.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Okay. I agree. I think the silence might be telling.

I think you should start threads on the following theories:

Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... what is he telling the Feds?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... is he in lockdown with Public Strategies?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... is he trying to tell me its off?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... is Lance in Guantanamo Bay?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... Did Lance forget to charge his phone/PC?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... planning 'Comeback 3.0'?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... has cancer been beaten?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... No cell coverage in the Yellow Rose...discuss.
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... candlelight vigil outside Mellow Johnnies at 2pm tomorrow.
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... has he finished the Tour?
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... I have not slept in 4 days.
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... I miss you.
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... twitter me you bastard.
Lance has not tweeted me in 4 days... its over, I support Contador now.

Of course he could just be on vacation.

editedbymod

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you. He's going to fall off the grid Jason Bourne style. We won't hear or see from him for months.. Landis completely farked him over big time on the media front. Armstrong only strategy now is hide and well out of the limelight and hope the stories go away or the media get sick of writing about it. Besides Lance won. He raped his fans to tune of millions over the last two years. The guys going to enjoy himself. He's not stupid. He got what he wanted from comeback 2.0 and that was the cash.

Ninety5rpm said:
Okay. I agree. I think the silence might be telling.

Laugh all you want guys, but check out his last tweet from 4 days ago:

Building sand castles, soaking up my family, free divin', 12 ounce curls, livin' strong and carefree
http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

Does that sound like someone who doesn't tweet when on vacation?

I suggest it's out of character for him to stop tweeting for more than a day or so, especially without warning or any kind of announcement. This does not appear to be a planned period of incommunicado. He has 2.6 million Twitter followers (and 1.3 million on Facebook - but it's not out of character for him to not make updates there).

And to the extent that keeping the believers believing is part of his strategy, including pretending like none of this stuff is bothering him ("livin' strong and carefree"... is that lying or self-delusion?), suddenly falling off the grid is not exactly staying on that course.

Maybe he decided to go mum, maybe his lawyer recommended it, maybe he's vacationing where there is no internet, but I suspect he would not have been silent right now if the shyt Floyd flung hadn't hit the fan.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
He's resting for next years Tour de France.......Oh, I forgot! He's retired, or retiring, sometime soon. Really. Not necessarily stopping altogether, but maybe a little Leadville, or maybe Levi's race. Er, Amgen, ToC.
He's thinking about a lot of things, doesn't want to scribble just anything!!:D

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Sign of sweating?

The frequency of LA tweets over the last 3 months has been run through a heavy duty statistics program - results are:

1) Your man crush is real.

2) Per Dr. Maserati's post, statistics show that 68.35% of forum users are frickin sick of a new brainless thread about LA every day.

Feel free to PM me for the raw data if you want to verify the results.

Jesoos Kristo, time to get a new hobby.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
xFrankyBx said:
He's actually posting on the. @MellowJohnnys account but you already knew that.

so he's holed out in the basement. this is gonna finish for him and JB just like butch cassidy and sundance.....:D

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't be looking too far into it. He had planned to hide out for a while and rest after the tour. On the coverage during the tour he said he'd be going to the beach for a while after the tour - when asked where he wouldn't say.

Obviously, his Public Stretegies main liason has finally gotten into his mind, that he should either either lay off from Tweeting, or hand over his password to them. His Tweets do his image and credibility more harm than the whole PR sector could compensate for with a billion of fake or bought bloggers and forum posters.
We see how much influence a re-write by a laywer/PR type can made in the case of Floyd. Major power shift.

Ninety5rpm said:
Laugh all you want guys, but check out his last tweet from 4 days ago:

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

Does that sound like someone who doesn't tweet when on vacation?

I suggest it's out of character for him to stop tweeting for more than a day or so, especially without warning or any kind of announcement. This does not appear to be a planned period of incommunicado. He has 2.6 million Twitter followers (and 1.3 million on Facebook - but it's not out of character for him to not make updates there).

And to the extent that keeping the believers believing is part of his strategy, including pretending like none of this stuff is bothering him ("livin' strong and carefree"... is that lying or self-delusion?), suddenly falling off the grid is not exactly staying on that course.

Maybe he decided to go mum, maybe his lawyer recommended it, maybe he's vacationing where there is no internet, but I suspect he would not have been silent right now if the shyt Floyd flung hadn't hit the fan.

Of course it's uncharacteristic and very telling that he's gone off the grid (Bourne style, as was well-said by another).

Someone who's carefree, and not affected by accusation's as damning as FLoyd's, who has a history of tweeting even about his unborn fetus, doesn't then suddenly stop, w/o warning - even on vacation.

The real question is did he take the decision to stop or did his lawyer force it upon him?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
How long can it take to build fricking sandcastles already?!?!

Tweet Lance Tweet.

TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!

please.

TRENDING THREADS