• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Non Cycling Levi story!

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
As my neighbors have a yard full of constantly barking tiny footballs on legs, I may have found a new pet. Where can I get one?

I get what you mean my neighbor has one of those and the dog barks constantly through out the night

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I got three pairs for $38.97 but they are Amerifat fit , so around the Ankles its prfect but everywhere else I am remarkably middle aged.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
I get what you mean my neighbor has one of those and the dog barks constantly through out the night

We have bald eagles in our neighborhood (no longer on the endangered species list). When a local builder got clearance to take a tree down that contained an unused nest they found several, small collars. My vote is for the Eagle. They make less noise than the owls, although they fly through the yard occasionally, too. They're big enough to pick up a small child!

Oldman said:
We have bald eagles in our neighborhood (no longer on the endangered species list). When a local builder got clearance to take a tree down that contained an unused nest they found several, small collars. My vote is for the Eagle. They make less noise than the owls, although they fly through the yard occasionally, too. They're big enough to pick up a small child!

Are you saying that as if it is an added benefit in choosing the Eagle over the Owl?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
They're more efficient for annoying, small pets. Also depends on your neighbors kids.

Amen, brother - I am with you !!! In my case, both kids and pets (from the neighbors', that is !!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ridley said:
Amen, brother - I am with you !!! In my case, both kids and pets (from the neighbors', that is !!

If both the kids and dogs are small; go with the Eagle. They kill for fun. Owls typically shop at night or early morning for food. That might take care of the annoying dogs but the kids seem to make noise when you're trying to relax with a beer after a hard ride and the Owls are asleepin'.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
If both the kids and dogs are small; go with the Eagle. They kill for fun. Owls typically shop at night or early morning for food. That might take care of the annoying dogs but the kids seem to make noise when you're trying to relax with a beer after a hard ride and the Owls are asleepin'.

Actually Bald Eagles are not big killers...carrion is their preferred meal.

My neighbors have a pack of yappers they walk every night just as I'm getting home on my bike. They're such little ****s, the husband and wife have to split them up and walk on different sides of the street. It's running the gauntlet as I sneak down the middle to a chorus of 'yip, yip, yip, yip'

Not ever heard owls around these parts, but alligators and non-native pythons are a'plenty. Maybe I'll get lucky one day...

TRENDING THREADS