• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
danny is putting a hurt into everyone :D lego and sundby seem barely hanging on, bauer ahead surviving, perhaps onothe 2km before danny will spit him out

danny just fell...

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
sundby, legkov and richardsson just dropped niskanen, bauer is about 30 sec back. the rest are over a minute...cologna dropped out

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
8km to go, it is my impression that richardsson and legkov looked slightly fresher than sundby, but this is perhaps just an impression...

adding:danny just showed weakness, sundby and legkob head-to-head..just over 5k to go

legkov is dropped 500 m to go..

I don't understand his rush for the sprint points. A high placing in the finish in the overall 50km alone would pretty much have secured the yellow bib. Considering that there are races in Falun too, he would've taken the World Cup easily. He should have been thinking more about the entire race.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
the lady's skiathlon was just as boring as all season. bjoergen and johaug trading their positions occasionally provides zero excitement for me..

the men's skiathlon should be more exciting. while only 48 are entered in the official start list - in reality it will probably even less - most of the heavy guns are there - sundby, hellner, vyleg, legkov, nelson, niskanen, manificat, bauer...

i think it will be between sundby and legkov, just as in most distance races of the late season..

python said:
the lady's skiathlon was just as boring as all season. bjoergen and johaug trading their positions occasionally provides zero excitement for me..

I didn't say it was exciting, I said I hoped for more of the same. This was to refer to Johaug beating Bjørgen, not the quality of the race. Johaug in this form vs. Kalla in Sochi form and things could get interesting at the Worlds next year, given the difficulty of the Falun course and seeing as Bjørgen isn't getting any younger and it will surely not be long before she starts to decline? Another year of experience for Niskanen and hopefully it can be something more than the Bjørgen World Championships again.

TRENDING THREADS