• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
^ls, i only related my own impressions...if i quoted or referred to you, it would be related to your reaction :)

sure enough, we already have 4 breaking away from the rest. not often seen in a classic leg at this level...how could i forget the richardsson locomotive :D

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Johaug is ripping Bjørgen apart in Falun! Let's hope for more of the same at the Worlds next year... World championships on Mördarbakken <3
I wouldn't bet on it. Bjørgen's all about winning medals at the Olympics and Worlds. For the last four years she's based her entire season around peaking at the these events. The results speak for themselves.

achenk01

BANNED
Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
A great season for cycling
w.png

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
well, martin has to be congratulated on the very intelligent racing. imo, his physical advantage was slim when he won as it was slim when he lost (mainly in sochi). in my book, this could be called a plausible performance...

his racing/tactical acumen throughout the season, particularly today, was superior. i loved his long acceleration past legkov today in response to legkov's weak jump. clearly he knew that legkov was a spent force...i doubt he'd have the psychological advantage against danny richardsson or vyleg if they were closer.

danny, unlike hellner, during the 3 days in falun performed above my expectations. it is no secret, i am his fan :)

and lastly, while i am happy johaug beat the muscle woman, i have to say, her skating technique today was as unattractive, almost ugly, as she is a naturally gorgeous and cute girl. dont mean to sound sexy, just relating my impressions.

Eurosport didn't show men's race today.

I enjoyed women's event, it kinda reminded me of a Nordic Combined race. Therese was just phenomenal, I really like her, and not just for her CC skills :)

Kaisa destroyed everyone in the women's pursuit today, finished with over a minute advantage over Darya D. Men's race was just awful. Only Anders Rastorgujevs and Summan were good on range. J. Boe won in front of a small globe winner Fourcade and Ferry was not so distant 3rd.

python said:
and lastly, while i am happy johaug beat the muscle woman, i have to say, her skating technique today was as unattractive, almost ugly, as she is a naturally gorgeous and cute girl. dont mean to sound sexy, just relating my impressions.

I think you mean you don't mean to sound sexist.

This is all getting very Spinal Tap. "What's wrong with being sexy?"

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Epic crash by Northug. After a night of partying in Trondheim he wedged his sponsored/leased Audi A7 under the barriers after running over a roundabout, dragging the roundabout road sign after the car, and leaving the 40 km/h speed sign tilted. Then he ran from the scene, leaving his injured mate to fend for himself and for the Police to send a dog patrol from the scene of the car wreck to find him at his home, a couple of kilometers away. It took all day before he admitted publicly that he'd driven the car and that he'd been drunk. Meanwhile the Police had charged both the men who'd been in the car with drunk driving, so there must have been some confusion as to who had driven the car. Had Northug told them that the other guy drove? Or had the other guy tried to protect Northug and said he was the driver?

Northug was speeding, drunk driving, crashing and injuring another person, seemingly leaving an injured person without helping him, and running from the scene.

He will get a couple of weeks in jail, a hefty fine and lose his drivers license. What will his personal sponsors do? Audi, Red Bull and the grocery store chain Coop are of course not happy. Maybe he should go back to the national team, they will forgive him. But can he bring himself to do that?

May 19, 2010
Visit site
jsem94 said:
Northug making a complete fool out of himself. Lost a ton of respect for him. I hope he gets a significant sentence, seriously.

30-60 days behind bars seems like a plausible outcome according to some famous Norwegian lawyer.

The length of the sentence depends on how drunk he was. People who'd been at the same club Saturday night claims he ca 3-3.30 was so drunk that he had problems standing, so he could have been drunk as a skunk at 5.30 when he crashed. But not so drunk that he didn't manage getting in a good little workout sprinting home.

A film crew from a "Norwegian version of the tv show Cops", Nattpatruljen, was with the first police patrol to arrive at the scene. The footage will probably not be aired though.

patrulje.JPG

http://www.adressa.no/100Sport/langrenn/article434188.snd

May 19, 2010
Visit site
neineinei said:
Epic crash by Northug. After a night of partying in Trondheim he wedged his sponsored/leased Audi A7 under the barriers after running over a roundabout, dragging the roundabout road sign after the car, and leaving the 40 km/h speed sign tilted. Then he ran from the scene, leaving his injured mate to fend for himself and for the Police to send a dog patrol from the scene of the car wreck to find him at his home, a couple of kilometers away. It took all day before he admitted publicly that he'd driven the car and that he'd been drunk. Meanwhile the Police had charged both the men who'd been in the car with drunk driving, so there must have been some confusion as to who had driven the car. Had Northug told them that the other guy drove? Or had the other guy tried to protect Northug and said he was the driver?

Northug was speeding, drunk driving, crashing and injuring another person, seemingly leaving an injured person without helping him, and running from the scene.

He will get a couple of weeks in jail, a hefty fine and lose his drivers license. What will his personal sponsors do? Audi, Red Bull and the grocery store chain Coop are of course not happy. Maybe he should go back to the national team, they will forgive him. But can he bring himself to do that?

Northug lied to the police three times that day about who drove the car and accused his mate of driving. It is one of the six things he has now been charged with.

He has today issued a somewhat pathetic statement where he says he is sorry for "messing up his statements while still under the influence"

http://www.vg.no/sport/langrenn/lan...raten-tiltalt-for-falske-anklager/a/23297147/

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
rejoice libertne:p

'your' biathlete lindström just gave a lesson to 'my' pure skiers... a lesson in xc skating...some of the best swedish talent was at the start, including danny richardsson, halvarsson....

(swedish)
http://iof3.idrottonline.se/Svenska...dstromspoadesvenskalangdeliteniBruksvallarna/

...back to norway. the coverage, both the snow track and the tv nrk1, are excellent

nygard just set the fastest but the faves are still to come.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
martin just went thru 12k... 20+ sec in the lead, northug was almost 30 sec back at 10 k, so i dont think he'll make into top 10.

i am quite surprised as he took 3d yesterday in a classic and generally should do better in a skate.:confused:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
the kuusamo weekend xc races will feature classic 1.4k sprints (sat) and a 10k/15k individual (sun). the course profile seems tougher than most courses they raced on last weekend.

the good news is that eurosport will cover all races and that the weather (i just checked) will be fine, about -5 C with mild winds.

the favorites ? of course, the norwegian woman may dominate but charlotte kalla's 3 of 3 wins last week may offer a surprise. plus, it is a classic event where justyna kowalczyk could destroy everyone...

the man's events, both the sprint and distance, should be a lot of fun ! just about all top will be there...i'm hopefull of one thing - not seeing the double polling skates in the sprints.

the 15k should go to either sundby, olsson or belov (harvey said to fasterskier.com that belov was an absolute monster last week....)

edit: ooops, olsson isn't in the swedish list submitted to fis

TRENDING THREADS