• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
Kokoso said:
Brullnux said:
Mayomaniac said:
Windisch was just awesome! :)

The double for Italy! I'm really not sure whether the spin at the end for Soukalova was necessary. It was just showbotaing really. She seemed on a mission to win as many fans as possible: smile fanatically into the last stretch despite being 3rd, and spin and showbaot.
Yeah, because third place is no reason to smile, bad bad result, she should cry crossing the line :rolleyes: And Moravec once celebrated in finish = Czech are notorius for for putting up little show :rolleyes: Jesus. Look at Tarjei Boe for example. He must have Czech ancestors or is Czech in his heart. And many others who once did some celebration. Lots of hidden Czechs around.

Nice playful joke from Soukalova. But she's always doing that spin trying to win as many fans as possible, doesn't she. Because people love it, don't they? Look at the reactions here, she made some new fans!

Wierer was smiling normally. Soukalova less so. I just see no reason for the spin, especially when you came 3rd. Maybe when you've won, but i don't really see the need. Just seems a bit arrogant, but it might be just me.

I said nothing about Czechs, I just said Soukalova did it. No need to start turning this around :confused:
Sorry I reacted not only to you, but others too, only sumed it in one post

Singer01 said:
BullsFan22 said:
Kokoso said:
What's you opinion about Norwegians not taking part in Canada?

Who says they won't be going? All the top Norwegians will be there, unless there are injuries or illnesses.

i assume they mean the biathletes who didn't go to canmore.

My bad. I was thinking Ski Tour Canada in March. Well, they are training, but the Boe brothers will be in Presque Isle next week. They will take part in those races before competing in Oslo. Bjoerndalen is probably hiding somewhere in the Dolomites in his million euro camper van doing whatever he is doing. Not sure what Svendsen is up to.

Re:

Kokoso said:
Can't blame them. It's up to each athlete how they prepare best for a World Championship, and it is understandable that the top Norwegians prefer to be in the best possible shape when they're on home ground. In case you don't know, the championships in Holmenkollen is a VERY BIG event in Norway.

I won't call it arrogant, if that's what you're up to.

In case you don't know, the championships in Holmenkollen is a VERY BIG event in Norway.

I won't call it arrogant, if that's what you're up to.
Hmm, that is why they did not put the up-to-date lightning system, I see. Because it is a VERY BIG event...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

BullsFan22 said:
Singer01 said:
BullsFan22 said:
Kokoso said:

Who says they won't be going? All the top Norwegians will be there, unless there are injuries or illnesses.

i assume they mean the biathletes who didn't go to canmore.

My bad. I was thinking Ski Tour Canada in March. Well, they are training, but the Boe brothers will be in Presque Isle next week. They will take part in those races before competing in Oslo. Bjoerndalen is probably hiding somewhere in the Dolomites in his million euro camper van doing whatever he is doing. Not sure what Svendsen is up to.
It's funny because it's true, apparenty he's training really hard right now (I know, what a surprise).

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Nice performance and deserved win by Germany in the mixed relay race last night in Canmore. Their shooting was impressive, and skiing among the best too. No one was really able to threaten them. Good performance also by Canada and USA who came in 4th and 5th IIRC. Sweden looked like they could get a nice result for a while too, thanks to great shooting, but in the end they made too many mistakes and finished 9th.

Christian said:
Nice performance and deserved win by Germany in the mixed relay race last night in Canmore. Their shooting was impressive, and skiing among the best too. No one was really able to threaten them. Good performance also by Canada and USA who came in 4th and 5th IIRC. Sweden looked like they could get a nice result for a while too, thanks to great shooting, but in the end they made too many mistakes and finished 9th.
I think Norway was the biggest positive surprise. Did not expect a podium from them with the B-team. Good performance by USA too, but not that surprising considering the consistency of all 4 athletes.

Only the Czechs really disappointed, in large part thanks to the 3 penalty loops Vitkova had to run. The race they did afterwards was on par with Germany (as the only nation), but it was too late.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I forgot about the Norwegian team. I hadn't been able to watch biathlon for a long time so I was happy to accidentally come across it on TV last night, luckily I was able to start watching right at the beginning of the race. The relay races are the ones I like best, too.

I realized that almost all advertisements along the tracks were from German companies, like DKB or Bauhaus. This is not counting BMW and Audi who are international brands. But it made me wonder whether the biggest TV audiences for biathlon are in Germany. For example I never saw it on French TV (although I must say I did not receive Eurosport at the time)

TRENDING THREADS