• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 206 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kuzmina the only person in the field to shoot clean and win by 2 minutes? Huh, didn't expect that. Perfect way to end her career, like Domracheva last year.

By the way, can anyone see Kuzmina winning the mass-start with both Wierer and Vittozzi flopping, thus Kuzmina taking a shock overall World Cup globe victory?

Re:

zarnack said:
Kuzmina the only person in the field to shoot clean and win by 2 minutes? Huh, didn't expect that. Perfect way to end her career, like Domracheva last year.

By the way, can anyone see Kuzmina winning the mass-start with both Wierer and Vittozzi flopping, thus Kuzmina taking a shock overall World Cup globe victory?
massive showing there indeed. If I didn't do any mistakes, with the two worst results striked out, the standings are as following now:

Wierer 875
Vittozzi 852
Kuzmina 838
Olsbu 823

so if Kuzmina wins again tomorrow, she'd need Wierer to finish 18+ and Vittozzi 4+ to take the globe.

Wierer needs to finish 6th or better to be on the safe side, no matter what happens

Re: Re:

search said:
zarnack said:

massive showing there indeed. If I didn't do any mistakes, with the two worst results striked out, the standings are as following now:

Wierer 875
Vittozzi 852
Kuzmina 838
Olsbu 823

so if Kuzmina wins again tomorrow, she'd need Wierer to finish 18+ and Vittozzi 4+ to take the globe.

Wierer needs to finish 6th or better to be on the safe side, no matter what happens

I see that even Röiseland has a remote chance, but for her victory to happen she absolutely must win, Kuzmina to finish 4+, Vittozzi 12+ and Wierer 28+, right?

I think so, not sure who'd have the better ending on her side in case of a draw

edit: actually Olsbu is out of it as Wierer's worst results so far this season are 17 and 19 points. So she can't get any lower than that. Everything worse would get striked out instead

Not the way you want to win a world cup. The strongest man in the field has a broken pole. There goes the tour and the overall, I am afraid.

Also a pity on the women's side that Nepryaeva got sick last week, didn't qualify for the sprints in Falun and didn't start the 10km in Falun and doesn't seem to have recovered for the Canadian races. What a shame. Oestberg is a deserved winner, but it would have been nice to see a close fight to the last day. Now Nepryeava has to hope that Johaug doesn't win the tour and that Parmakoski doesn't get too ahead of her and doesn't snatch third place on the distance world cup.

Bavarianrider said:
Oh well Norwegian xc skiers displaying their legendary sportsmanship and fair Play once again. :rolleyes: Attackig when Bolshunov's pole breaks. Classy as always :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Pole did not break. It was broken by another "sportsman". 15 nations competed, any guesses who did that? Norwegian Toenseth.

Rider said:
Bavarianrider said:
Oh well Norwegian xc skiers displaying their legendary sportsmanship and fair Play once again. :rolleyes: Attackig when Bolshunov's pole breaks. Classy as always :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Pole did not break. It was broken by another "sportsman". 15 nations competed, any guesses who did that? Norwegian Toenseth.

Do we have a replay of that incident? FIS and local broadcaster didn't show it. Would love to see what exactly happened.

BullsFan22 said:
Rider said:
Bavarianrider said:

Do we have a replay of that incident? FIS and local broadcaster didn't show it. Would love to see what exactly happened.
nAO5Rip.jpg

Bolshunov seems to put his pole close to his ski.

I guess Rider thinks Toenseth sabotaged Bolshunov's pole before the race or something.

Edit: Sorry, this was just after he broke the pole.

Re:

zarnack said:
I think you have to give Frida Karlsson a bit of a break. She is just so young and inexperienced at this stage...
Why just her right hand was (twice) so young and unexperienced to shoot at Belorukova face? Watch the video again, it was intentional.

MrRoboto said:
fHnPfaV.jpg

This is the moment he breaks the pole. Can't see it properly, but he' must have slightly missed when putting a lot of power into it.

Rider said:
Don't you see that he is pushing with the rest of the broken pole?
Yeah, I was a bit quick, it was the push after he broke the pole. Still not seeing what Toenseth -- or anyone else but Bolshunov -- has to do with the breaking though.

MrRoboto said:
This is the moment he breaks the pole. Can't see it properly, but he' must have slightly missed when putting a lot of power into it.
Nope. Also late.

By the way: I have the same Swix Triac poles, you could not break them by "missed when putting a lot of power into it".

MrRoboto said:
MrRoboto said:
fHnPfaV.jpg

Either he indeed just pushed in bit wrong anckle and broke it, or it went under the skis of Harvey. I predict the first option, some skiers told after race that the poles suncked into snow at least 10cm with every push because of really soft snow. The pole also seemed to broke from the middle, which kind of indicates it was not because it went under skis.

Either way Toenseth definitely had nothing to do with that as suggested by Rider.

bambino said:
MrRoboto said:
MrRoboto said:
fHnPfaV.jpg

Either he indeed just pushed in bit wrong anckle and broke it, or it went under the skis of Harvey. I predict the first option, some skiers told after race that the poles suncked into snow at least 10cm with every push because of really soft snow. The pole also seemed to broke from the middle, which kind of indicates it was not because it went under skis.

Either way Toenseth definitely had nothing to do with that as suggested by Rider.
You wrongly judge on a picture taken few seconds after a pole was broken.

Rider said:
MrRoboto said:
Nope. Also late.
Rider said:
It's this or the push before that, kinda hard to see, but the one before looks fine, so then he would have to have broken it just after the initial push. Either way nothing to do with Toenseth.

Rider said:
bambino said:
MrRoboto said:
MrRoboto said:
fHnPfaV.jpg

Nope I watched the race live and replies after. I agree this picture is late. But Toenseth was meters away from Bolshu also when it happened. If someone else broke it, it was Harvey. He was arguably too close to Bolshu there.

Edit: found also recording of the race and watched the moment about 10 times again. I think it might've actually been Harvey's skis. Harvey seemed to notice the break almost even before Bolshu and changed lane. Toenseth around 5m away Bolshu in different lane, really nothing to do with it.

bambino said:
Rider said:
bambino said:
MrRoboto said:
MrRoboto said:
fHnPfaV.jpg

Nope I watched the race live and replies after. I agree this picture is late. But Toenseth was meters away from Bolshu also when it happened. If someone else broke it, it was Harvey. He was arguably too close to Bolshu there.
Yep. You watched the translation (of the race), so you did NOT see the moment.

TRENDING THREADS