• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 260 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Winterton claiming that the reason for this is that everybody spies on the Norwegians and copies their ski tech, but Norway got it wrong so everybody got it wrong because they copied the Norwegians, and Russia (sorry, RSF) are the only other ones big enough to do their own wax tech and that's why Chervotkin is winning.

No, really. That's what he's saying.

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Looks like it will end up after two legs the pretty much the way you would have expected pre race, just in a completely different manner!

Would be a shame if the russian can't hang in there until the exchange.

Looks like it will end up after two legs the pretty much the way you would have expected pre race, just in a completely different manner!

Would be a shame if the russian can't hang in there until the exchange.
I fear something akin to the Falun 50k, where people like Jonas Olsson and Anders Södergren tried to make the race early on but then the conditions pushed everybody together again, and then it was very dull for most of the second half with nobody being able to escape until the final sprint. Hopefully we don't get that with the large climb on the skate legs.

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
I fear something akin to the Falun 50k, where people like Jonas Olsson and Anders Södergren tried to make the race early on but then the conditions pushed everybody together again, and then it was very dull for most of the second half with nobody being able to escape until the final sprint. Hopefully we don't get that with the large climb on the skate legs.

Yeah, that's a worry.
Big difference this time is that the course as you say is harder, and I suspect Norway/Klæbo would prefer a gap to Bolshunov.
Won't be easy for Norway to get a gap of course, but Holund is arguably the best climber in the world currently.

TRENDING THREADS