• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 261 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yakimushkin booking his Gulag ticket. Russland should have put Bolshunov in the 3rd leg.
He's only there 'cause Spitsev got injured. He did a lap and a half on his own in those conditions and clearly people reacted to leg 1 and the ski difference was nothing like what it was with Chervotkin vs. the field. Yakimushkin was on a hiding to nothing there.

Eurosport busy telling us all about how great the race was yesterday and how Diggins made the race and was the star of the day, and comparing Niskanen's leg to her yesterday. Again, I'm not kidding.

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
He's only there 'cause Spitsev got injured. He did a lap and a half on his own in those conditions and clearly people reacted to leg 1 and the ski difference was nothing like what it was with Chervotkin vs. the field. Yakimushkin was on a hiding to nothing there.

Eurosport busy telling us all about how great the race was yesterday and how Diggins made the race and was the star of the day, and comparing Niskanen's leg to her yesterday. Again, I'm not kidding.

Haha..
Bizarroworld.

When Musgrave and Young retires maybe Eurosport will upgrade?

Haha..
Bizarroworld.

When Musgrave and Young retires maybe Eurosport will upgrade?
I think it's Patrick as the main commentator that's the bigger problem than Dixon as the analyst, although Posey Musgrave has helped out a bit from time to time a few years ago and has a much more recent frame of references, so less obsession with Petter Northug and Ole Einar Bjørndalen, who they still bring up in literally every race. Dixon has done a few biathlon races solo this season during the Tour de Ski and has been nothing like as bad without bouncing off of Patrick. Although it is Dixon who shouts "Come on, Jess!" to punctuate Patrick's hype.

They had no choice but to put Yakimushkin. Spitsov and Ustiugov are injured, Belov not in form. Melnichenko is a skate skier. Semikov was in the team only for the 50km classic. I wonder if he would have been a better choice, but he just got to Germany and maybe doesn’t have enough time to acclimatize.

They had no choice but to put Yakimushkin. Spitsov and Ustiugov are injured, Belov not in form. Melnichenko is a skate skier. Semikov was in the team only for the 50km classic. I wonder if he would have been a better choice, but he just got to Germany and maybe doesn’t have enough time to acclimatize.
The question then is whether they should have put Bolshunov on a classic leg despite him being their trump card, like Finland, and then run Melnichenko and Maltsev on the skate legs. But it's easy to second-guess. Would have been very interesting to see what happened if Chervotkin had handed over to Bolshunov with that kind of lead.

The question then is whether they should have put Bolshunov on a classic leg despite him being their trump card, like Finland, and then run Melnichenko and Maltsev on the skate legs. But it's easy to second-guess. Would have been very interesting to see what happened if Chervotkin had handed over to Bolshunov with that kind of lead.

If Bolshunov had Chervotkin like skis he absolutely would have hammered from the start. If he had Yakimushkin like skis probably not. But Yakimushkin didn’t look good at all, his skis weren’t great but it was mostly his body that was not up to where it needed to be.

TRENDING THREADS