• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Not a Lotto luck

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Rabobank wanted to control him and to change his personality to a model dutch boy (like R. Gesink). Dekker was too flamboyant for them to handle, so they searched an excuse to lay him off. They invented some news about variabel blood values (all persons blood values are variabel by the way, test your values now and next week, they will differ...). The people/press appearently took it as 'abnormal' blood values (which was never the case).
After they dropped him from the Tour squad, the deed was done, Dekker was already searching for a new team at that point and contact was through lawyers. Then Rabobank finally got rid of the contract and paid him a big sum of money not to tell anything about the real reason to others. Why would they do that? Probably because Rabobank is afraid their image will be hurt when the public knows they just wanted to get rid of Dekker, and had no real reason.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Dekker fan...how do you know all this? By the way, I too love Dekker!! I really hope he comes back into form and does some good things!!

Mellow Velo said:
Not just known in the Netherlands. It was common knowledge, last year.
Sacha torte anyone?:rolleyes:

You know what Mellow Velo. We all know your cycling knowledge is top shelf so don't be a dueche sac and chime in with you swarmy condescending smart alec remarks. You want to be a leader on this forum, why don't show respect for those that know less than you and want to learn about cycling.

Keep on being a smart *** and people will be intimidated to ask questions and then the only people you have left is your little crew of self righteous clones.

I read about 5 different cycling web sites a day and run my own forum, I've written for 2 other legit cycling news entities and I help market the Tour of Colorado and the Chris Charmiechael MoutainBike Series which is part of the Professional MTB KENDA CUP series in the US and I don't pretend to no half of what I'd like to.

I'll take that torte whatever snide comment that was supposed to mean.

Re: Dekker

Also agree that it's way too early to call him a flop, though I have to admit I've never been a fan of his. He has definitely shown potential in the Ardennes classics and shorter stage races. Not sure about his GT potential at this point.

Mellow Velo said:
... there was I giving you a wide birth...............and yes, I think I'll continue to do just that.

Now why would you want to do that. Because you would rather be the a-hole that sits in the back of the class and mocks everyone else bye lobbing snide remarks and then ducking for cover. A forum like this has room for everyone so why don't you stick to the threads that talk about hemocrite levels and watt capacities in relation to all those dopers that are ruining cycling instead of dropping in and mocking others for not knowing as much as you.

Mellow Velo said:
Until you are given powers of moderation, of course.

thanks for the compliment but my plate is full as it is.

Mellow Velo said:
Now, where's that ignore button?
it's called the "FOE" option and this forum doesn't offer it. Now lets see if you back up you petty threat or respond.

This message is hidden because Captain Chaos is on your ignore list.

Nice to know it works. No peeping!:p

Anyhow, back on topic.
Dekker is too classy a rider not to return. He's still very young for a Tour rider.
He will have the stamina for those long GT ITT's etc, so will be a factor.
Maybe sooner than we think.

Mellow Velo said:
This message is hidden because Captain Chaos is on your ignore list.

Nice to know it works. No peeping!:p

good one. I'll take that as your call for detente unless you are a last worder like myself in my never ending quest to keep elitist snobs in check.:D

Mellow Velo said:
Anyhow, back on topic.
Dekker is too classy a rider not to return. He's still very young for a Tour rider.
He will have the stamina for those long GT ITT's etc, so will be a factor.
Maybe sooner than we think.

Dekker certainly pulled hard for rabobank in the Tour for Chicken until the whole thing emploded when Michael was dumped and Menchov quit.

Back to my point. Evans is a horrible team leader that kills the motivation to support him thus hurting the morale of the whole team and the result is everyone under preforms. Is this not what happened last year.

Why did Popo leave, why did McRob leave (besides a big paycheck). No one on S-lotto will be allowed to shine until they make Cadel ride on the same bus with his teammates.

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Captain Chaos for a person who claims to market races, isn't it a little unprofessional for someone like you to be dishing crap on cyclists? Not good PR!

For fact it wasn't Cadel who decided not to travel on the team bus it was the management. Other riders have got on with him fine, so I dont think the reasons why they leave the team is JUST because of him.

Anyway time will tell for Lotto, it's only start of April, season ends in October.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Captain Chaos said:
good one. I'll take that as your call for detente unless you are a last worder like myself in my never ending quest to keep elitist snobs in check.:D

Dekker certainly pulled hard for rabobank in the Tour for Chicken until the whole thing emploded when Michael was dumped and Menchov quit.

Back to my point. Evans is a horrible team leader that kills the motivation to support him thus hurting the morale of the whole team and the result is everyone under preforms. Is this not what happened last year.

Why did Popo leave, why did McRob leave (besides a big paycheck). No one on S-lotto will be allowed to shine until they make Cadel ride on the same bus with his teammates.

Evans is a terrible leader?, what's that based on exactly,after the past 2 tours I would say only one team leader each time was better-most teams would dream of 2nd!, 2 years ago he won the pro tour by his consistancy throughout the season (providing season long results which equal morale), and if you watched last years tour you know why Popo isn't at S-L.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Evans and his less than stellar personality make him difficult to like, even if he is a "contender" for the TdF (which I think he is NOT.)

Chaos, make the ignore feature your new BFF and that should change how your experience this forum. I've just placed you on my ignore list (yes, those ignore lists can be ever expanding, just like the universe!) and already the world is a bull****-free, "no drama zone", less chaotic place.

tifosa said:
Evans and his less than stellar personality make him difficult to like, even if he is a "contender" for the TdF (which I think he is NOT.)
He certainly inspires a large group of detractors, on the forums.
Couple his personality eccenticities to his perceived style of riding and he's certainly no fan magnet.
So much so, that the fact he's become far more tactically aggressive, this past season or so, has gone almost without notice.

As for his team support. Horner under achieved and Popo was a flop.
With Dekker and VdBroek he may well be better served, but still struggle to podium the Tour.

I won't comment upon the other part of your post, just hope the message gets through.;)

TRENDING THREADS