• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Now THAT's A Fighter

During the days Richie Porte was in pink he was really enjoying life, right? Wrong! Here's an excerpt of an interview CN made with him:

When he showed up to Città Sant'Angelo at the start of stage 12, he hadn't slept at all that night. "I had diarrhea and a bit of everything," said the man who was up sick all night. "My health was pretty bad, and I didn't really enjoy being in pink because I was suffering badly during those days, but my team decided to keep it quiet so as not to let our adversaries know about my sickness and weakness."

Guys who are willing to continue even feeling so terrible are both brilliant fighters and completely crazy!

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Crazy is a pretty fair term for pro cyclists in general...means Porte is on another plane of craziness.:D ....like a select few others

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
tough kid.
wonder if we will see any of these youngsters (porte, mollema etc) ride the vuelta this year. No way they be at the tour. riding the vuelta might be too much even (imo)

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
tough kid.
wonder if we will see any of these youngsters (porte, mollema etc) ride the vuelta this year. No way they be at the tour. riding the vuelta might be too much even (imo)

Indeed let them grow steadily instead of burning them down by letting them do to much in 2 year :) give those guys 2-3 more years with just 1 GT and they'll grow really strong :)

TRENDING THREADS