• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NY Times release Study - Athletics

Benotti69 said:
...and people want to believe cycling is cleanER?

No way.

It is probably not cleaner, but it certainly seems to be a lot more difficult to get away with it. Other than athletics I cannot think of another sport that has seen so many of its top athletes test positive for PEDs.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
german studies came to similar conclusions last year wrt german olympic athletes.

i honestly doubt how many, if any, olympic medals have been won clean at the 2012 games.

cycling at present is probably as dirty as it ever was.
with the elections and mcquaid's claim of clean cycling, it was clear from the get-go that this year's tour wasn't gonna see any positives.

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Just allow it until they can fix it.

If 2% are caught, 45% are guilty - that means a cheater has a 95% chance of getting away with it on the state-of-the-art testing in use today. Add to that those outside the 45% that say they just take what their trainers tell them to (standard I got caught answer).

An amoral view (which is how officiating sports has to be taken) there appears to be no effective ways to ensure athletes are not cheating with PEDs and it should therefore be allowed. Ideally allowed and disclosed so we could build a DB of the real effects of the substances being consumed (like they are being anyway).

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
More Cheaters auditing cheaters

Race Radio said:
From the article "according to three of the researchers, who requested anonymity because they signed nondisclosure agreements with the agency."

SCARIER

So at least three of the researches also can not be trusted. They sign an NDA and talk anyway. The adage - "anyone who will steal for you will steal from you". Applies here. I would guess these same 3 could easily be paid to say whatever was needed.

Just stop trying to stop what we can't and we will be fine.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
i think if the survey had been run on cyclists instead then that paper would have been published straight away

... i am still baffled by WADA director, David Howman's interview he gave following the revelations on US Postal where he said he thinks that cycling is the only sport with a doping culture. hadn't anybody in the office told him about that athletics survey?

TRENDING THREADS