• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Obesity surgery Abroad

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
Millions of Japanese, Korean and Chinese expatriates are flocking back to their native country, most specifically South Korea in order to enjoy the benefits of affordable obesity surgery. PlacidWay, and medical tourism portal based in Colorado, has been watching a growing trend in Asian Americans opting for healthcare in Asia, taking advantage of lower costs, state of the art and high-tech equipment, facilities and training without the long waits and astronomical cost of the same surgeries and procedures as found in the United States.
One such facility, South Korea’s 365mc’s Obesity Clinic offers a wealth of weight loss programs and procedures and is considered the best obesity clinic in Korea. From body shaping to liposuction to dietetic therapy, aesthetic surgeries and body contouring, 365mc’s Obesity Clinic was the first to offer treatments, education and procedures for a multitude of weight loss and obesity surgical needs.
South Korea’s 365mc’s Obesity Clinic also offers a Bariatric Surgery Center, offering gastric sleeve procedures, gastric bypass, morbid obesity operations, adjustable gastric band, Roux-en-Y, and weight loss surgical procedures that cater to the needs of individual clients.
International patients seeking a lower gastroplasty cost, gastroplasty procedure or gastroplasty reversal come to South Korea’s 365 mc’s Bariatric Surgery Center, which offers the best in bariatric surgery financing, lower bariatric surgery risks, and a multitude of choices when it comes to weight loss and obesity surgical procedures.
Where the you need a sleeve gastrectomy procedure, laparoscopic band surgery, endoscopic gastroplasty, or gastric bypass to support, South Korea’s 365 mc’s Obesity Clinic and Bariatric Surgery Center cater to individualized needs with up to date surgical procedures designed for efficiency and effectiveness.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I was confused until I read the "Asian Americans" part.

I rightly or wrongly perceive Japan as an example where tradition/culture helps to protect the health of the population by standing as a solid (but creaking) barrier to the kind of commercial food enterprises that infest the western world.

I used to go on family holidays as a kid to southern France, Spain, Portugal and Italy and felt a sort of vague impending doom years later when going back and seeing families flocking to McDonalds instead of the friendly well run and affordable cafes and restaurants I remembered many that had closed down or in one case replaced with a monstrosity of a shopping complex swallowing the whole block. I guess it was the tried and tested template of weakening individuals and strengthening corporations at work.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
cromagnon said:

I rightly or wrongly perceive Japan as an example where tradition/culture helps to protect the health of the population by standing as a solid (but creaking) barrier to the kind of commercial food enterprises that infest the western world.

I used to go on family holidays as a kid to southern France, Spain, Portugal and Italy and felt a sort of vague impending doom years later when going back and seeing families flocking to McDonalds instead of the friendly well run and affordable cafes and restaurants I remembered many that had closed down or in one case replaced with a monstrosity of a shopping complex swallowing the whole block. I guess it was the tried and tested template of weakening individuals and strengthening corporations at work.

You're right on about the decline of Western diets. Corporations took over after WWII with packaged, overprocessed foods and never stopped. Combine the cheap, accessible "food" with an overworked/overstimulated society and everyone's on the way to being the human characters in WallE. Of course we could add the curse of the Internet, videogames and Rock n' Roll to get the discourse really going.

cromagnon said:

it is so wrong. *******s.:cool: