• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Obrees hour bike

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I do not think the position of the front wheel is conducive to high speed. but I may be wrong, I would probably just put it in straight.
DSC04344.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Obree's hour record bike

krebs303 said:
I do not think the position of the front wheel is conducive to high speed. but I may be wrong, I would probably just put it in straight.
DSC04344.jpg

Those bars cannot be used for an attempt at the hour record.

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
According to the article this is Graeme's set up for the Procycling Hot Laps competition. He will use drop bars for his hour attempt.

I think this is a beautiful machine, way nicer than his "Old Faithful" design of the 90s (which unfortunately, fell apart at the bottom bracket at a pursuit match vs Boardman IIRC) ...I imagine he'll have to set up two identical bikes for the hour (this is I think one of the stipulations to prepare for an official attempt?) last time around I think his duplicate "Old Faithful" was actually built by Helmut Berns at Sonic Cycles (London).

It's great to see Obree taking this on again, it is interesting to note that Moser tried the hour at the same age (43) using GO's first banned position (and according to some blog-chatter, also using blood-boosters of some sort). Graeme on the other hand, was always a clean rider in my view, although one with a particularly obsessive psychology! He certainly wrote his own book for his training methods, which suited him as uniquely as his bikes and riding positions.

I think the man absolutely deserves his shot at vindication, against the (likely 'amped') mid-life crisis ride of Moser in 94, in spite of the UCI's vendetta directed at his [GO's] spirit of experiment and innovative design, and also, most importantly, because he will triumph over the personal demons of his recent past, regardless of the outcome.

This guy is an independent spirit and a true genius of cycling, the likes of whom we rarely see. Go G.O.!!:D

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Graeme proves that it is the rider (and his choice of marmalade.)
I hope he facking Crushes that record and then shoves a jar of marmalade up the UCI's asterisks.

TRENDING THREADS