• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

obscenities in posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Let me say I'm right behind the mods keeping the this forum clean and fun, they do a great job. But I was in a forum just now trying to advise someone on hillclimbing and i wanted to say:

Keep your **** on the seat.

and it wont let me type the word '****'. This is madness, the whole meaning of my post is now lost. I'm behind starring over the obscenities. But how about we allow this word as it has a lot of meanings relevant to cycling that are not offensive:)

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Can we start a list of other silly censored words, such as
**** as in Dick Pound
**** as in ding dong...

somebody help me out, I was sure there were more than this.

I personally find it annoying when perfectly acceptable, everyday words like this are censored. How often has someone been mistaken for a potty mouth lout when what they intended to say was actually completely (or relatively) innocent?

As for the OP, to be pedantic "buttocks" is precise but not accurate; the buttocks are a very specific part of the anatomy, and if you're sitting on them while riding a bike you must be riding a recumbent! Arse is a relatively mild slang term (when not paired with "hole") and is etymologically varied enough that modern usage approximating "back there" is IMO fair game - imprecise, but not incorrect.
As for Ass, what on earth do donkeys have to do with it?

Can't even say ****stan...

India
Bangladesh
France
Peru
Brazil
Iceland
Italy
Mali
Indonesia
Israel
Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Republic of Korea
Australia
United States of America
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A

Anonymous

This mother****er is ****ed up *****es. You guys can kiss my ****ing *** and blow my **** you **** suckers. ****ing bunch of ***** ***ed ***** mother****ers.

A

Anonymous

I do love the fact that "taintstain" and "douchebag" work just fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS