• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Official Wout Van Aert thread

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think so, too. The rest is racing for 4th place IMO
I can't see Ganna beating him on this course on his current form. Dennis, Roglic, Evenepoel and Dumoulin are unknowns. Today's efforts of the latter three don't seem convincing, but a TT, especially a hilly one, is something else. If Dennis and Evenepoel have a good day, i think they are the only ones capable of beating Van Aert here.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I can't see Ganna beating him on this course on his current form. Dennis, Roglic, Evenepoel and Dumoulin are unknowns. Today's efforts of the latter three don't seem convincing, but a TT, especially a hilly one, is something else. If Dennis and Evenepoel have a good day, i think they are the only ones capable of beating Van Aert here.
You could be right about Ganna. If he's too heavy and/or can't perform close to his best in hot and humid weather it's over for him. I won't rule him out on his recent form alone. They said his form was bad before the Giro, too. It was ...until it wasn't.

You could be right about Ganna. If he's too heavy and/or can't perform close to his best in hot and humid weather it's over for him. I won't rule him out on his recent form alone. They said his form was bad before the Giro, too. It was ...until it wasn't.
His form wasn't bad in the Giro, and yet he "should" have lost the final/main (long) ITT, but Cavagna decided to go off-road instead. As a result, Ganna won the main ITT with less than 15 seconds on the second, third and fourth rider! And that ITT was as flat as a pancake. In fact, the gap to the fourth rider, was smaller in the main/long ITT (30k) than it was in the prologue (8k). Longer doesn't suit Ganna more, nor do 15k of climbing.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS