• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official boycott of new site begins 27 June 2009

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
They've made insignificant changes to just a handful of features.

Every tiny change they do make only brings the site a step closer to what is was before they ruined it.

Why not just change it back?

If you, cyclingnews, insist on using a new platform -fine! ..............But do it AFTER the Tour de France and AFTER you have made it even just a little, tiny, bit user friendly. In the meantime, what you have now is just dreadful.

As the site stands today, I personally have no real desire to ever use it again. I will not muddle my way through these pages during the most holy of holies this July.

If you, the reader, agree with this.... and if there is no real improvement by Sunday, 27 June 2009: Please join in a general boycott of this site.

Nothing else will work. Trust that.

*Sunday, 27 June 2009 = one week before Tour de France.

Why wait til Sat? Stop posting unhelpful threds and bog off to Velo snooze or where ever else you think you are going to get a better service.

My sense is that from the perspecitve of bugs and glitches things have improved and will continue to improve. And yes the service is different - what ever the rights and wrongs of the changes to the site - we are where we are and it ain't going back.

I suggest you decide if you are on the bus and take a seat or leave.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
toppermost said:
They've made insignificant changes to just a handful of features.

Every tiny change they do make only brings the site a step closer to what is was before they ruined it.

Why not just change it back?

If you, cyclingnews, insist on using a new platform -fine! ..............But do it AFTER the Tour de France and AFTER you have made it even just a little, tiny, bit user friendly. In the meantime, what you have now is just dreadful.

As the site stands today, I personally have no real desire to ever use it again. I will not muddle my way through these pages during the most holy of holies this July.

If you, the reader, agree with this.... and if there is no real improvement by Sunday, 27 June 2009: Please join in a general boycott of this site.

Nothing else will work. Trust that.

*Sunday, 27 June 2009 = one week before Tour de France.

I look forward to reading all your posts after this date, to find out how the boycott is going.:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS