Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 4, 2012
435
0
0
Briant_Gumble said:
I find it funny the sort of pictures they are using to represent Lance these days, all of them make him look like a creepy psycho.
A photo says a thousand words....

Reading Hamilton's book the overarching impression I have of Amstrong is of this ridiculous machiavellian type character. Ever suspicious and always plotting his next move. And ruthless.
 
Sep 5, 2009
1,239
0
0
Pazuzu said:
A photo says a thousand words....

Reading Hamilton's book the overarching impression I have of Amstrong is of this ridiculous machiavellian type character. Ever suspicious and always plotting his next move.
Hamilton's author, Daniel Coyle, was also the LA approved author of "Lance Armstrong's War".



Coyle spent months in Spain with Armstrong and the team in preparation for the 2004 TdF. He dispelled some long standing myths and gained some insight into the man that served him well in writing Hamilton's book.
 
Feb 4, 2012
435
0
0
mewmewmew13 said:
He is a creepy psycho. Why do you think he always looks like that in photos....they show his real snarling and sneering.
True enough. But what's so unique about Armstrong is that, unlike Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens - who the public knew were a$$holes, Armstrong was able to hoodwink a large proportion of the population into believing he was this noble person. When nothing could be further from the truth.

Scary how gullible some folks are.
 
Pazuzu said:
True enough. But what's so unique about Armstrong is that, unlike Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens - who the public knew were a$$holes, Armstrong was able to hoodwink a large proportion of the population into believing he was this noble person. When nothing could be further from the truth.

Scary how gullible some folks are.
He pulled it off for a long time didn't he? Scary that.
In the end his karma caught up....:)
 
Jan 30, 2011
802
0
0
mewmewmew13 said:
He pulled it off for a long time didn't he? Scary that.
In the end his karma caught up....:)
Brings back the old saying - you can fool some people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

The cool aid drinkers fall into the first group, the general population prior to the USADA report fall into group 2 and 3
 
peterst6906 said:
Brings back the old saying - you can fool some people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

The cool aid drinkers fall into the first group, the general population prior to the USADA report fall into group 2 and 3
You cannot fool all the people all the time. But you can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.

The wisdom of George W. Bush (or more likely one of his political advisors).

Armstrong still has people out there defending him, still clinging to any reason to keep the faith. It would be sad if it were not so funny.
 
Oct 25, 2010
434
0
0
shakeshakeshake said:
lol at pedo-lance

the face of a tour champ huh?

joke...as a human...period...

hey tex...such a tough guy?...texting guy's wives? really? your mom bring you up like that?
 
Jul 11, 2009
283
0
0
BroDeal said:
You cannot fool all the people all the time. But you can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.

The wisdom of George W. Bush (or more likely one of his political advisors).

Armstrong still has people out there defending him, still clinging to any reason to keep the faith. It would be sad if it were not so funny.
Poor Polish. I hope she's miserable, but she's probably too deluded for it to sink in just yet.

When I think about it that way, it hits me that Polish=Sally Jenkins.
 
BroDeal said:
You cannot fool all the people all the time. But you can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.

The wisdom of George W. Bush (or more likely one of his political advisors).

Armstrong still has people out there defending him, still clinging to any reason to keep the faith. It would be sad if it were not so funny.
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled"
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
thirteen said:
David Walsh for The Sunday Times: Lance, the lies and me

read it free until 5:00
Excellent piece.

It really reinforces what a sociopath Armstrong is.

I really hope Armstrong ends up where he started.

Edit: Imagine if Armstrong entered into Politics. The people of the USA should be glad that the likes of Walsh, Betsy and others never wavered in their pusuit of the truth!
 
Benotti69 said:
Excellent piece.

It really reinforces what a sociopath Armstrong is.

I really hope Armstrong ends up where he started.

Edit: Imagine if Armstrong entered into Politics. The people of the USA should be glad that the likes of Walsh, Betsy and others never wavered in their pusuit of the truth!
Also gives some insight into how his paid thugs operate. Hopefully there will be more about this in the next few months.

It's amazing how almost the entire cycling community bowed to the arrogance and dirty tactics of the Armstrong machine, starting as early as 1999.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
frenchfry said:
Also gives some insight into how his paid thugs operate. Hopefully there will be more about this in the next few months.

It's amazing how almost the entire cycling community bowed to the arrogance and dirty tactics of the Armstrong machine, starting as early as 1999.
Too many people saw the $$$$ in the 'miracle' and wanted a piece.

Wonder has Armstrong realised it yet that no one really believed except the most blind and ***!
 
Benotti69 said:
Excellent piece.

It really reinforces what a sociopath Armstrong is.

I really hope Armstrong ends up where he started.

Edit: Imagine if Armstrong entered into Politics. The people of the USA should be glad that the likes of Walsh, Betsy and others never wavered in their pusuit of the truth!
That was a good article.
It pretty much sums up how Armstrong goes through life...shredding people, friends, etc...and lies so easily with out a twitch.
Total arrogance.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS