• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 97 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Stan gets a Nike contract

Agb5W.jpg

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

First ever post, I only discovered the site recently to follow the Armstrong saga and have watched in amazement and sadness ever since.

I doubt it has made the international news but thought you might be interested to know that LA is about to be burnt on a bonfire on Saturday, or at least a 9m high effigy of him is. All part of the bonfire night celebrations in Edenbridge where they look for the biggest villan of the year. Story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-20154327

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
My favourite line, too engrossed to write it down immediately, but went something like...

we need to get the attention off us and on what's really important.

Reminds me of the manifesto by the 5 papers that helped perpetrate the farce in the first place...

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
love it, will re-watch asap. Love the Dr Seuss word plays.

Astana the new capital of Belarus?

Was hoping Wiggo would make an appearance in the Sky somewhere (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?), maybe for a future episode...

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't looking for cycling stuff on YouTube, I was watching comedy snippets, but this popped up in the suggested videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyFmxusB9E&feature=watch-vrec

Read the highlighted comments. Particularly the most thumbs up comment. Then see who they were responding too. Polish or Wonderlance is now spruiking their flavour of madness. Pure utter madness. I cannot imagine anyone else being that delusional. These comments BTW are all over YouTube. Spam message. For those who are too lazy, here it is:
Lance Armstrong hasn't been stripped of anything in my eyes. The only thing that has been stripped is the credibility of the USADA. How are you going to try to discredit a guy for supporting a vegan diet that helped cure his cancer? I think it's peculiar that he announced that he was going on a vegan diet in April 2012 and the dopping allegations dropped in May/June 2012? The meat/dairy industry, cancer industry, pharmaceutical companies can't let the cat out of the bag and lose profits.

Was made by one Joewillsetitright. Massive spam campagin. My guess is Polish as the account is in the USA. BPC/Arbiter was British right?

Anyone wants to know why Armstrong succeeded for so long at what he did...watch the video. Clinical precision and execution of a proven liar and fraud. He has it down to a fine methodical art. He doesn't even pause or blink. Just runs the talking points off one after the other. This is why he needed to be stripped of all his results. Megalomaniac.

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this was already posted?

A steel-framed model of the 41-year-old American, who was recently stripped of his seven Tour de France titles for doping offences, will go up in flames in the Kent town.
The effigy has Armstrong holding a sign saying "For sale, racing bike, no longer required" and with a Jim'll Fix It badge round his neck in reference to late TV presenter Jimmy Savile being suspected of widespread child abuse.

The figure will be stuffed with oil-soaked newspapers, packed with fireworks and torched in front of thousands of people on Saturday night.

http://news.sky.com/story/1005389/lance-armstrong-effigy-to-burn-on-bonfire

Any Kent based members here involved?

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"Lance Armstrong poised to be stripped of Olympic medal as International Olympic Committee launch investigation."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I think these IOC people may be on to something. What do you guys think?

I just saw the South Park episode. I wonder how long that's been in the works. There's actually quite a bit of scripting in there. And then of course the artwork.
They made it hugely complicated to try and tie it to the Armstrong saga, but did get a message across. Although I couldn't exactly explain it to you just now :)

I'd love to hear comments of those actually still wearing their yellow wristbands. And I want to get one of those pink ones ;-)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
I just saw the South Park episode. I wonder how long that's been in the works. There's actually quite a bit of scripting in there. And then of course the artwork.
They made it hugely complicated to try and tie it to the Armstrong saga, but did get a message across. Although I couldn't exactly explain it to you just now :)

I'd love to hear comments of those actually still wearing their yellow wristbands. And I want to get one of those pink ones ;-)

If you've got a torrent-prog you can download the episode here: http://torrent.zoink.it/South.Park.S16E13.HDTV.x264-ASAP.[eztv].torrent
Hilarious! A must see!