• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 138 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ChewbaccaD said:
I guess he should have come to Jesus back when Tygart graciously offered to let him in on the deal. That narcissistic personality disorder is a mother****er, right?

There it is. The next phase in the effort to get back to WADA sanctioned racing. Jesus.

If none of this gets him back to doping for age-graded Tri wins, then he'll "find The Lord in his darkest hour..." There's a long, long history of this kind of transition. The inevitable is-it-fundraising-for-a-church-or-another-cancer-shield-he's-skimming? Wonderboy scandal, he'll try looking like a Buddhist or something.

You read it here first.

Flaming Positive in 1999

This may have been posted already, but this is the case for back-dated testing in a nutshell.

Tygart said six of Armstrong’s samples taken during his first Tour de France win in 1999 eventually tested positive.

The samples were originally reported as negative but they were re-tested in 2005.

“All six were flaming positive,” Tygart said.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/news/tygart-armstrong-samples-were-flaming-positive_270945

6 out of 6 using a test with a **heavy** bias for controlling for false positives.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
There it is. The next phase in the effort to get back to WADA sanctioned racing. Jesus.

If none of this gets him back to doping for age-graded Tri wins, then he'll "find The Lord in his darkest hour..." There's a long, long history of this kind of transition. The inevitable is-it-fundraising-for-a-church-or-another-cancer-shield-he's-skimming? Wonderboy scandal, he'll try looking like a Buddhist or something.

You read it here first.

Sorry, you're second. Several days ago I wondered when he'd find the Lord. It's the last refuge of scoundrels right after patriotism.

Oldman said:
Sorry, you're second. Several days ago I wondered when he'd find the Lord. It's the last refuge of scoundrels right after patriotism.

Dammit! Since this is vaguely about Pro Cycling, how much can I pay you to delete that post so I can be first? To make it official, Hein, Pat and Thom will get a part of the action, I promise.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Dammit! Since this is vaguely about Pro Cycling, how much can I pay you to delete that post so I can be first? To make it official, Hein, Pat and Thom will get a part of the action, I promise.

It'll cost you two last corner leadouts. You'll need to open the door and take the sprinters into the curb; crashing them is optional to you. Winner!

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
http://www.businessinsider.com/lance-armstrong-potential-bankruptcy-2013-1

They claim bankruptcy is a very likely tactic for him to pursue (also posted in the financial thread)

Nothing matches being morally bankrupt quite like being financially bankrupt. Don't know what other facet of himself Armstrong can tap in to to complete the bankrupt trifecta. Spiritually bankrupt? Emotionally bankrupt?

edit: frenchfry wrote something similar in another thread. Sorry for the duplicate.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Fatclimber said:
lance armstrong gained 16,700 twitter followers yesterday, episode 1 of confession.

Can anybody find the Livestrong donation graph for recent history (6 months)?

IIRC Livestrong donations went through the roof after Lance "gave up" in August.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it isn't very far off in the distant future that they find Armstrong dead.

By his own hand.

This guy is used to being top dog, having Presidents and Prime Ministers taking his phone calls and having lots of cash rolling through.

He is now a pariah, no-one will want to be seen with him and his ability to throw his weight around will be gone.

I just don't see him taking it easily and fading into a life of obscurity.

Bad ending coming I think.

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
purcell said:
I think it isn't very far off in the distant future that they find Armstrong dead.

By his own hand.

Would a narcissistic sociopath have the guts? Or would he just continue to justify his life and his lies to the grave? The latter, I think.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Well here is as good as anyplace to get it off my chest.

Im so happy for all of us who knew he was dirty from the word go. So sad for all the would be TDF winners who were cheated out of their chance at glory.

Narcissistic sociopath is a very apt description. He still doenst care and he wont until the cuffs close around his wrists.

Ive never seen such a creepy looking bloke in my life, the way his eyes twitch and move around when questions are asked, I think he is crazy, stark raving mad.

Just a despicable individual, I feel sorry for all he sucked in.

mickkk said:
Well here is as good as anyplace to get it off my chest.

Im so happy for all of us who knew he was dirty from the word go. So sad for all the would be TDF winners who were cheated out of their chance at glory.

Narcissistic sociopath is a very apt description. He still doenst care and he wont until the cuffs close around his wrists.

Ive never seen such a creepy looking bloke in my life, the way his eyes twitch and move around when questions are asked, I think he is crazy, stark raving mad.

Just a despicable individual, I feel sorry for all he sucked in.

Once read an article about Saddam, a long time before Desert this and Desert that campaigns and before anybody even knew what WMD stood for.

In that article he was described as a narcissistic megalomaniac. Lovely phrase.

Good thing Lance isn't a despot somewhere.

Dave.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
spiaggia said:
Would a narcissistic sociopath have the guts? Or would he just continue to justify his life and his lies to the grave? The latter, I think.

While a discussion of suicide is pretty distasteful in the context of this situation, suicide shouldn't be seen as a gutsy thing. It's a cowardly act most of the time.

TRENDING THREADS