• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ninety5rpm said:
No. He has been on Strava for months, with 7,460 followers. That's a lot by Strava standards.

What's new is that he just changed his Strava name from Juan Pelota to Lance Armstrong.

I stumbled upon a claim somethings changed for him at Strava vaguely recently. AFAICT, the URL is dead.

I was hoping all he'd be left with was king of the bikepathletes and endless, enormous, legal bills. It would have been appropriate. Now that I think about it, he'd still be a legend in his own mind that way. Total anonymity is okay with me.

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
National Geographic are showing a programme about Armstrong called "Cycling High: Doping to Win" on April 21.

New interviews with Travis, Betsy, Tyler and Emma.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/38fba842-9afd-11e2-9a79-eb5280c81c63_blog.html
"I propose a toast to me. The only cyclist to be featured on the National-effing-Geograghic channel. Woo-Hoo!"

lance220.jpg

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just a bit more info on the National Geographic programme.

Cycling High includes expert analysis and perspective on this alleged conspiracy with original interviews from top authors, writers and experts, including Dr. Chris Cooper (author, Run, Swim, Throw, Cheat: The Science Behind Drugs in Sport), Joe Lindsey (writer, Bicycling Magazine), Reed Albergotti (reporter, The Wall Street Journal and author, Wheelmen), Juliet Macur (reporter, The New York Times), Jeffrey Tillotson (attorney) and Stephen Swart (former professional cyclist).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...side-lance-armstrongs-fall-from-grace/175753/

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has been beat to death but LA was slaughtering the adults in tri's at age 15.. On the sauce at that age? I'm thinking probably so. That's messed up

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
stevie47 said:
I don't know if this has been beat to death but LA was slaughtering the adults in tri's at age 15.. On the sauce at that age? I'm thinking probably so. That's messed up
anecdotally yes.

but the guy to confirm it would be the tri patron. The one who lent him his mitsubishi sportscar and he crashed it when he was dui and underage. and he did a runner.

blackcat said:
anecdotally yes.

but the guy to confirm it would be the tri patron. The one who lent him his mitsubishi sportscar and he crashed it when he was dui and underage. and he did a runner.

The real story is so much better than the 'not the bike' fiction.

Crashed the sportscar. Amazing how patterns can be strongly established and easily observed at such a young age.

Doing a runner after destroying a Mitsubishi, though, pales in comparison to what he did/is doing with a Ferrari.

Dave.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
on this anecdote tho Dave...
Ryo Hazuki said:
and admins seem to fail on you hoggie

unless Race Radio has more info, and the patron who owned the tri shop would come forward, unlikely if he provided the dope to a juvenile.

but if the Clinic 12 cannot offer proof, did it ever happen?

usual-suspects-line-up.jpg

blackcat said:
on this anecdote tho Dave...

unless Race Radio has more info, and the patron who owned the tri shop would come forward, unlikely if he provided the dope to a juvenile.

usual-suspects-line-up.jpg

Good choice.

Keyser Soze almost beats Lance as one of the most memorable character names of all time.

the idea of an all-powerful crime lord is so appealing that one can’t help but imagine it to be true. For those who don’t, Kint paraphrases Charles Baudelaire: “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”

Dave.

blackcat said:

Given the time, maybe he did dope. Anecdotally, we know being favorable to doping would be a critical factor in being selected for at least the U.S. team under Carmichael. I'm okay leaving it there though. As you mention, unless someone steps-up and comes clean, then it's a bunch of energy on ifs and maybes.

For me, it just moves the defined "Wonderboy started doping" year to his first with Carmichael.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Keyser Soze almost beats Lance as one of the most memorable character names of all time.[/URL]

Dave.
did you hear this Dave?

U Chicago economics faculty came up with this economic rule:
"Armstrong division of labor"- the concept that a professional sport engages pharmaceutical enhancement as a key block in their evolution.

*may

*or may not

*be apocryphal

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Given the time, maybe he did dope. Anecdotally, we know being favorable to doping would be a critical factor in being selected for at least the U.S. team under Carmichael. I'm okay leaving it there though. As you mention, unless someone steps-up and comes clean, then it's a bunch of energy on ifs and maybes.

For me, it just moves the defined "Wonderboy started doping" year to his first with Carmichael.
but one can indict the psychopath personality type of having no "beginning" wrt doping/cheating.

by nature.

there is no start.

there is only opportunity

blackcat said:
did you hear this Dave?

U Chicago economics faculty came up with this economic rule:
"Armstrong division of labor"- the concept that a professional sport engages pharmaceutical enhancement as a key block in their evolution.

*may

*or may not

*be apocryphal

Good one. And, from one of the most prestigious economics faculties there is.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS