• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Mark is right.

Lets be honest - we all helped Lance dope.
Did you write a letter to Lance or his mob asking them not to dope? If not then you to helped and assisted Lance dope.

Lance is not responsible here, he is a victim because you didn't write to him....ohh, and Frankie is responsible too. And Betsy for marrying Frankie.

Betsy seems to have put on a few pounds as well. Can we call her fat now??

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Mark is right.

Did you write a letter to Lance or his mob asking them not to dope? If not then you to helped and assisted Lance dope.

Lance is not responsible here, he is a victim because you didn't write to him....ohh, and Frankie is responsible too. And Betsy for marrying Frankie.

Maybe not an email but Chewy definitely said something to him* on twitter!

*if that was actually him

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Mark is right.

He is a victim. It's really old man Gunderson's fault. Lance had no father figure and his step dad was mean to him a couple of times.

Old man Gunderson should apologize to Frankie and Betsy.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
... he needs to be reminded of it.

Ok, but as a favor, could WE be reminded a little less often? I have to agree with what fortyninefourteen said above. It is sad to watch. And added together with the dizzying proliferation of pointless Sky threads, this place is starting to become unreadable.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
He is a victim. It's really old man Gunderson's fault. Lance had no father figure and his step dad was mean to him a couple of times.

Old man Gunderson should apologize to Frankie and Betsy.

Old man Gunderson passed away, so its back on you, all your fault.
(and Frankie obviously)

Fortyninefourteen said:
Sorry, but the fact that you guys keep re-acting to the un-ending flow of crap that the select few keep providing is painful to watch....

So, throw more crap out there?

Fortyninefourteen said:
Betsy seems to have put on a few pounds as well. Can we call her fat now??

You are more guilty of your own criticism than those you criticize.

BTW - she has not put on a few pounds.

There are some, like Michael Barry, who one could argue did actively aid Lance dope by writing a book that lied about doping on USPS and criticized the testers. In that case, he went out of his way to shield the doping of USPS, and thus of Lance.

Kik also aided the doping of other USPS cyclists by actively metering out PEDs.

There are those, however, like Frankie and Emma whose careers were knowingly and specifically damaged through an active and concerted effort for not supporting Lance, a doped Lance or Lance's doping. Lance has even admitted this.

One could say that in 1999, Frankie helped a doped Lance.

It is a purposeful misstatement to try and make any kind of argument that Frankie helped Lance dope.

Not only is there no evidence of this, there is considerable evidence to the contrary. Frankie was made to suffer economic harm for not supporting a doped Lance.

Dave.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
And let me reiterate why continuing to shove this in MarkvW's face matters: For years, Betsy and Frankie were drug through the mud by Wonderboy's fanboys. They received more abuse than anyone until Manrod sent his letters and emails. They were savaged.

MarkvW had the option of disparaging a lot of people in relation to the topic of Wonderboy's doping, but he chose Frankie. A dog will always return to its vomit.

His original statement had a specific implication. He is choosing to dance like a $2 stripper about it now, but that doesn't change anything. He chose the subject and words, and until he admits he was FOS for doing so, he needs to be reminded of it.

I totally agree with this, although would have said it in a different way. Own up to your mistakes...

I'm not so sure about returning to your vomit, but whatever floats your boat ....

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Elagabalus said:
Ok, but as a favor, could WE be reminded a little less often? I have to agree with what fortyninefourteen said above. It is sad to watch. And added together with the dizzying proliferation of pointless Sky threads, this place is starting to become unreadable.

Based on the last few months here, it's almost like the undoing of Armstrong was both the greatest thing and the worst thing to happen.

It was the greatest for all the reasons that are in public now.

It was the worst because in the absence of the great evil to focus on, there is a lot more petty bickering here.

Sky are in the early days of becoming the next great evil for the forum, but since that issue isn't concretely resolved yet (eg. no back-dated TUE, +ve tests, etc. to really focus everyone's opinion in the same general direction) it seems like more people turn on each other quickly at the moment.

I don't believe for one minute that posts on here are made to protect the honor or Frankie and Betsy (or vice versa). Their honor is clear for everyone to see. It's all just about the argument and personal disagreements between posters.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
Based on the last few months here, it's almost like the undoing of Armstrong was both the greatest thing and the worst thing to happen.

It was the greatest for all the reasons that are in public now.

It was the worst because in the absence of the great evil to focus on, there is a lot more petty bickering here.

Sky are in the early days of becoming the next great evil for the forum, but since that issue isn't concretely resolved yet (eg. no back-dated TUE, +ve tests, etc. to really focus everyone's opinion in the same general direction) it seems like more people turn on each other quickly at the moment.

I don't believe for one minute that posts on here are made to protect the honor or Frankie and Betsy (or vice versa). Their honor is clear for everyone to see. It's all just about the argument and personal disagreements between posters.

Thank you.

I personally do not think that anyone here could be convinced that 'Frankie doped Lance' no matter how tireless the deluded seem to be. So I do not think there are gains or losses to be had in this particular debate, other than for bragging rights I guess.

Things have taken a major turn for the worse for fanboys, which limits their options for drivel, but has had little effect on the volume and throughput which I find staggering even for paid posters.

Fortyninefourteen said:
Thank you.

I personally do not think that anyone here could be convinced that 'Frankie doped Lance' no matter how tireless the deluded seem to be. So I do not think there are gains or losses to be had in this particular debate, other than for bragging rights I guess.

Things have taken a major turn for the worse for fanboys, which limits their options for drivel, but has had little effect on the volume and throughput which I find staggering even for paid posters.

With all that's happened with Wonderboy, I'm truely astounded and amazed that someone would even admit to still being a fan of his, what's worse here? where everyone can have a go at him/her/them. How anyone can still support, or like that POS, is an indication of that person really. Wonderboy fans have shat on the questioners/doubters, the "haters"(as they're so called) for years, and made them to look like fools, now that the shoe's on the other foot, the fanboys get all butthurt and don't want to hear it? it amazes me that they can be so hypocritical.

Just my opinion and $.02

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
With all that's happened with Wonderboy, I'm truely astounded and amazed that someone would even admit to still being a fan of his, what's worse here? where everyone can have a go at him/her/them. How anyone can still support, or like that POS, is an indication of that person really. Wonderboy fans have shat on the questioners/doubters, the "haters"(as they're so called) for years, and made them to look like fools, now that the shoe's on the other foot, the fanboys get all butthurt and don't want to hear it? it amazes me that they can be so hypocritical.

Just my opinion and $.02

I haven't seen a fanboy around here for a while. I don't think there are too many left and I can't see any of them returning unless Lance really works out how to run a redemption campaign.

Maybe I've missed them though, because there are a lot of active threads and it's difficult to read every post.

peterst6906 said:
I haven't seen a fanboy around here for a while. I don't think there are too many left and I can't see any of them returning unless Lance really works out how to run a redemption campaign.

Maybe I've missed them though, because there are a lot of active threads and it's difficult to read every post.

From all indications, it seems that that "MarkvW" gentlemen is still a fanboy(atleast many here have alluded to it, and his posts certainly allude to it as well) & continues to drink the koolaid

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
call her phat
call her phat
Betsy you're phat like a Jamie Foxxx
call Pat corpulent
cos hes fat
call Lance Prance
with a distended
hgh gut

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
From all indications, it seems that that "MarkvW" gentlemen is still a fanboy(atleast many here have alluded to it, and his posts certainly allude to it as well) & continues to drink the koolaid

When he first came here he was way, way, way off the mark on things and was rightly called out. He seemed to settle down a bit, but is lately back to his original ways.

I wouldn't have thought him a fanboy though, at least not after the evidence came out.

Each to their own though.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:

Actually I think LA was the best GT rider ever from the USA, and GL couldn't hold LA's wheel on his best day. Oh, and GL beat a bunch of dopers when there was no OOC testing. So there.

Now, I'm back to retirement.

ChrisE said:
Actually I think LA was the best GT rider ever from the USA, and GL couldn't hold LA's wheel on his best day. Oh, and GL beat a bunch of dopers when there was no OOC testing. So there.

:rolleyes:

OOC testing by the UCI during Lance's tenure was scheduled. He didn't even need the UCI shielding that he paid for anyways.

Dave.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ChrisE said:

I stand corrected. There is one still here.

By the way, have you been sending emails about how Sandy Hook never happened? My inbox has been receiving these crappy spam messages that are exactly the type of thing Lance's boys did back in the day. Have you partly shifted your activities to compensate for the inability to say "Lance never doped"?

ChrisE said:

LOL, but Wonderboys IS A DOPER, and GL isn't...anything Wonderboy has done has now been erased from the record books. Besides, if he were so much "better than Greg" as you've alluded to, he wouldn't need to dope right? His talent would be too off the charts to dope.

GL is STILL the ONLY american to ever win the TDF(and always will be)

so there........:p:p;)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:

I guess that one year difference from 2009 to 2010 was a huge decline due to just age. I mean the year before he finished on the podium and the next he is struggling just to hold Chris Horner's wheel. It is kind of a coincidence his decline coincided with a brewing sh1tstorm in his horizon.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
ChrisE said:

Thanks for carrying the torch Chris. I may not respect the other guys because they're idiots, but you carry the torch because of spite, and I have nothing but respect for a may that dedicated to spite. :)

Maybe I was wrong on the Mod thing after all.