• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 572 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

absolutely_not said:
spetsa said:
absolutely_not, you have no clue what you are talking about. "overlapped for a couple months". He was racing bikes at the same time he was doing triathlons. He won a tri national championship in 1990 and had exposure to USA Cycling in 1988. Yes, I grew up racing at the same time, against and in some cases with, the same people.

You are inventing the "couple of months" quote :rolleyes:
I talked of "a few months" and what I really meant was

Where have we heard that before.

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

absolutely_not said:
The bits that have been leaked from the depositions tend to suggest the contrary : Tylor Hamilton backpedalling on some of his statements and blaming Daniel Coyle for them.
So anything is possible but I wouldn't hold my breath for Hamilton having some secret card if I were you.
For all we know, Hamilton made some sweet arangments with the truth in his book as Aragon and fmk_rol previously said. It doesn't fit with what you expect.
Point conceded.

However, is it possible that Hamilton and Landis might still have something on Armstrong that they haven't disclosed yet?

That was actually the whole point of my initial post. (And if it was wrong of me to ask this I will just go and hang my head in shame in the nearest corner.)

Tricycle Rider said:
absolutely_not said:
The bits that have been leaked from the depositions tend to suggest the contrary : Tylor Hamilton backpedalling on some of his statements and blaming Daniel Coyle for them.
So anything is possible but I wouldn't hold my breath for Hamilton having some secret card if I were you.
For all we know, Hamilton made some sweet arangments with the truth in his book as Aragon and fmk_rol previously said. It doesn't fit with what you expect.
Point conceded.

However, is it possible that Hamilton and Landis might still have something on Armstrong that they haven't disclosed yet?

That was actually the whole point of my initial post. (And if it was wrong of me to ask this I will just go and hang my head in shame in the nearest corner.)

I'm not sure one of the party involved in a trial is allowed to keep an evidence to themselve. If so, then yes it is impossible.

Even if not impossible per se it is still very very very unlikely

Hamilton doesn't stand anything to win or to loose in this trial. His big shot was the book The secret race 5 years ago. As it has already been said, he bent the truth in his book so it suits him better. I don't see any reason for him to do that while not using some other major info he could have on Armstrong.

Landis is a different story. He doesn't want the trial to happen.
1- The ods are he is going to loose (or at least win much less he could have had Armstrong and the government settle the case)
2- It will remind the rest of the world who doesn't follow the story closely who he is : someone who sell his former teamates for money and one of the biggest hypocrite out there. It might not be true, but when people are reminded he denied for years, then finally admit only to set motion to the Qui Tam a few days after people won't try to look any further. Especially since he failed to demonstrate what harm had really cause to him Armstrong and Bruyneel.
It will also remind people all the other things he was involved : asking the average guy to donate money for his Floyd Fairness Fund, and not respecting his obligations to pay back in the years that follow 2012. Repete the very personal thing Greg Lemond had told him which lead to Lemond being harassed and blackmailed by Landis friend. That story of him being involved in the hacking of a french lab, what was it again?
Anyway, Landis would be better without a trial (so does Armstrong obviously but that's another story). Had he had some more info he could have use to win the trial before it happens - by being granted victory by the juge or by forcing Armstrong to settle - you can be damn sure he would have used it already

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

absolutely_not said:
Tricycle Rider said:
absolutely_not said:
Point conceded.

I'm not sure one of the party involved in a trial is allowed to keep an evidence to themselve. If so, then yes it is impossible.

Even if not impossible per se it is still very very very unlikely

Hamilton doesn't stand anything to win or to loose in this trial. His big shot was the book The secret race 5 years ago. As it has already been said, he bent the truth in his book so it suits him better. I don't see any reason for him to do that while not using some other major info he could have on Armstrong.

Landis is a different story. He doesn't want the trial to happen.
1- The ods are he is going to loose (or at least win much less he could have had Armstrong and the government settle the case)
2- It will remind the rest of the world who doesn't follow the story closely who he is : someone who sell his former teamates for money and one of the biggest hypocrite out there. It might not be true, but when people are reminded he denied for years, then finally admit only to set motion to the Qui Tam a few days after people won't try to look any further. Especially since he failed to demonstrate what harm had really cause to him Armstrong and Bruyneel.
It will also remind people all the other things he was involved : asking the average guy to donate money for his Floyd Fairness Fund, and not respecting his obligations to pay back in the years that follow 2012. Repete the very personal thing Greg Lemond had told him which lead to Lemond being harassed and blackmailed by Landis friend. That story of him being involved in the hacking of a french lab, what was it again?
Anyway, Landis would be better without a trial (so does Armstrong obviously but that's another story). Had he had some more info he could have use to win the trial before it happens - by being granted victory by the juge or by forcing Armstrong to settle - you can be damn sure he would have used it already

Yeah we get it. It was Floyd's fault. You sure seem to know nothing about a lot of things, and a lot of things about nothing.

You, on the other hand, seem to know a lot of things. Unfortunately you don't share your knowledge.

Hey! I've got an idea! Why, instead of attacking a poster because you don't like what he said, don't you actually respond to the post and really explain why you disagree?

You already made a good start by underlying the parts that annoy you the most. Now go ahead : Explain to us why you think it's likely Hamilton or Landis still have something on Armstrong they haven't disclosed yet. Explain why you think Landis has good chance of winning big with the trial. I'm looking forward to your explaination on why you think most people love the idea of an ex doper denouncing other dopers and trying to make money out of it (we probably don't live in the same environment, that would explain it). And please remind us what exactly did Bruyneel and Armstrong did to him except not hiring him. I sure know nothing but fortunately you're here. And to finish, I'm waiting for you to tell us why Landis is looking forward to the trial even tho he said himself he wish he didn't have to go through this and wish Armstrong had settle the case.

Thank you in advance for all your answers. I will know way more things about a lot of stuff tonight thanks to you (Lucky me)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re:

absolutely_not said:
You, on the other hand, seem to know a lot of things. Unfortunately you don't share your knowledge.

Hey! I've got an idea! Why, instead of attacking a poster because you don't like what he said, don't you actually respond to the post and really explain why you disagree?

You already made a good start by underlying the parts that annoy you the most. Now go ahead : Explain to us why you think it's likely Hamilton or Landis still have something on Armstrong they haven't disclosed yet. Explain why you think Landis has good chance of winning big with the trial. I'm looking forward to your explaination on why you think most people love the idea of an ex doper denouncing other dopers and trying to make money out of it (we probably don't live in the same environment, that would explain it). And please remind us what exactly did Bruyneel and Armstrong did to him except not hiring him. I sure know nothing but fortunately you're here. And to finish, I'm waiting for you to tell us why Landis is looking forward to the trial even tho he said himself he wish he didn't have to go through this and wish Armstrong had settle the case.

Thank you in advance for all your answers. I will know way more things about a lot of stuff tonight thanks to you (Lucky me)

You have one major thing fundamentally wrong. Floyd and Tyler are not suing LA. The US Government is. Floyd and Tyler will most likely not even be witnesses at trial. I will leave the speculating about their inner thought processes to you.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re:

absolutely_not said:

Have you ever considered the possibility of Floyds anger actually being directed at members of Tailwind Sports that never through a leg over a bicycle. Why don't you explain to us who it was that actually started the Floyd Fairness Fund and where the initial contributions came from.

You are wrong.

I'm fully aware Hamilton is not suing Armstrong. That's why I explained tricycle rider that it would be ridicoulous for him to keep info undisclosed. You are wrong on claiming I said something different.

Landis IS part of the trial. He has his own lawyer. He was suing people the government wasn't (Armstrong's friend : Knaag and co) He is a full entity of the trial to come.

Both Landis and Hamilton have been deposed. Weither or not they will be called as witnesses remain to be seen. Armstrong wants to call Landis as a witness, Landis and the government asked the judge to prevent it to happen. We will know the judge answer probably by the end of september.

But this has nothing to do with my previous post that annoyed you so much. You interjected yourself in an conversation I was having with someone else - which is ok, this is a forum - but ou did so by going personal and are now failing to argumenting what was so wrong in my previous post.
So again, can you explain like an adult what is it you disagree so much without pretending I said Hamilton was suing Armstrong?
Thanks

spetsa said:
absolutely_not said:

Have you ever considered the possibility of Floyds anger actually being directed at members of Tailwind Sports that never through a leg over a bicycle. Why don't you explain to us who it was that actually started the Floyd Fairness Fund and where the initial contributions came from.

How would I know such things? Landis never explained it as far as I know. If he did, he failed to put the message out there. Why would he remain in a position where the average guy will likely think he denounced his former friends in order to enrich himself if he actually has a good explaination is beyond me.
How is anyone not privy to him or his entourage supposed to know it?

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

absolutely_not said:
spetsa said:
absolutely_not said:

How would I know such things? Landis never explained it as far as I know. If he did, he failed to put the message out there. Why would he remain in a position where the average guy will likely think he denounced his former friends in order to enrich himself if he actually has a good explaination is beyond me.
How is anyone not privy to him or his entourage supposed to know it?

Ask him. Maybe he doesn't give a crap what other people think.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re:

absolutely_not said:
You are wrong.

I'm fully aware Hamilton is not suing Armstrong. That's why I explained tricycle rider that it would be ridicoulous for him to keep info undisclosed. You are wrong on claiming I said something different.

Landis IS part of the trial. He has his own lawyer. He was suing people the government wasn't (Armstrong's friend : Knaag and co) He is a full entity of the trial to come.

Both Landis and Hamilton have been deposed. Weither or not they will be called as witnesses remain to be seen. Armstrong wants to call Landis as a witness, Landis and the government asked the judge to prevent it to happen. We will know the judge answer probably by the end of september.

But this has nothing to do with my previous post that annoyed you so much. You interjected yourself in an conversation I was having with someone else - which is ok, this is a forum - but ou did so by going personal and are now failing to argumenting what was so wrong in my previous post.
So again, can you explain like an adult what is it you disagree so much without pretending I said Hamilton was suing Armstrong?
Thanks

The US Government most certainly was suing Knaggs and Stapleton. (along with others) They were released from the lawsuit after reaching a settlement that included cash payments to both the Government and Floyd's attorney. Hopefully the settlement includes their testimony also. The fact that the Government did not include some agents of Tailwind Sports in the lawsuit is where the real travesty lies. Qui Tam allows the government to name one or all agents in it's suit and for some reason they chose to leave the biggest A hole out. At least for now. If Lance loses, I hope he sues the remaining members of Tailwind for their fair share. Lance may have been the overly public face of this charade, but he certainly isn't wholly responsible for the scam. I personally hope that Lance wins the lawsuit by throwing people under the bus as an attempt to gain sympathy from the jury. That would be justice. Money should not allow protection from the law.

spetsa said:
absolutely_not said:
You are wrong.

Thanks

The US Government most certainly was suing Knaggs and Stapleton. (along with others) They were released from the lawsuit after reaching a settlement that included cash payments to both the Government and Floyd's attorney. Hopefully the settlement includes their testimony also. The fact that the Government did not include some agents of Tailwind Sports in the lawsuit is where the real travesty lies. Qui Tam allows the government to name one or all agents in it's suit and for some reason they chose to leave the biggest A hole out. At least for now. If Lance loses, I hope he sues the remaining members of Tailwind for their fair share. Lance may have been the overly public face of this charade, but he certainly isn't wholly responsible for the scam. I personally hope that Lance wins the lawsuit by throwing people under the bus as an attempt to gain sympathy from the jury. That would be justice. Money should not allow protection from the law.

It makes sense that the Feds got very useful info from Knaggs & Stapleton because the monetary value of the settlement is way down from what Floyd originally negotiated. Only explanation for the decrease (that I can see) is that it is made up for by the value of the information provided.

Wrong and wrong. (sorry)

The government was NOT suing Knaggs and Stapleton. It blocked the first settlement but he was not suing.

And the reason why the second settlement is way down the first one Landis had negociated is no mystery and has nothing to do with their deposition : between the two negociations the judge made some rullings in favor of the Tawind associates. While Landis and them had negociated a 500K agreement, they were now only liable for 160K or so.
They settle for 150K (this is not the exect amount, it's something of the sort)

You can find all the info about it on Google if you don't believe me. It was in fact a very bad moove from the government to not acept the 1st settlement. They lost money for nothing (social media indicates Armstrong and Knaggs are still good friends so I doubt the government got some great info from him. I don't know about Stapleton)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

spetsa said:
MarkvW said:
absolutely_not said:
Look how nice I am, I did the work for you

https://www.law360.com/articles/897023/landis-wants-appeal-over-liability-ahead-of-armstrong-trial

So they were liable for 68K (x3 I guess)
The appeal from Landis in this article was rejected. This is why Landis finally negociated for a much lesser amount

You REALLY don't know what you are talking about.

We have heard it all before.

Right? I think it was by some guy who pretended to know everything better than anyone but failed miserably to provided anything argumentative when pushed further.
I'm not good with name but you're not missing anything. You know, it was that kind of guy, inventing stuff out of other people's mouth just to win an internet argument or going personal instead of debating on the subject.

I'm still waiting for him to explain why Landis and Hamilton are likely keeping info to themselves and why he thinks Landis is happy about the circus that will be the trial to come. But I'm not holding my breath.

spetsa said:
absolutely_not said:
spetsa said:
MarkvW said:
absolutely_not said:
Look how nice I am, I did the work for you

https://www.law360.com/articles/897023/landis-wants-appeal-over-liability-ahead-of-armstrong-trial

So they were liable for 68K (x3 I guess)
The appeal from Landis in this article was rejected. This is why Landis finally negociated for a much lesser amount

You REALLY don't know what you are talking about.

We have heard it all before.

Right? I think it was by some guy who pretended to know everything better than anyone but failed miserably to provided anything argumentative when pushed further.
I'm not good with name but you're not missing anything. You know, it was that kind of guy, inventing stuff out of other people's mouth just to win an internet argument or going personal instead of debating on the subject.

I'm still waiting for him to explain why Landis and Hamilton are likely keeping info to themselves and why he thinks Landis is happy about the circus that will be the trial to come. But I'm not holding my breath.

Take a breath before you get banned. A hole

The style is eerily reminiscent of DAOTEC.

MarkvW said:
The style is eerily reminiscent of DAOTEC.

Sockpuppet accusations are considered trolling. If you have a problem with a user or suspect a sockpuppet then report the post or message a moderator.

And please everyone stop attacking the user or bans will be issued. That includes snide comments written in a general sense but are clearly aimed at a poster. You don't have to reply to everything, if you have a problem with a post/poster then report it/them.

This made me LOL! Of course he wants BOTH LeMond and Betsy "excluded", he/they know they have the goods on him and he and his merry band of dolts, don't want either to leave tire marks on Wonderboy!

This is the person SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many here worshipped and thought he was the GOAT? :rolleyes: :lol:

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/06/24/lance-armstrong-trial-greg-lemond/ :rolleyes: :redface:

86TDFWinner said:
This made me LOL! Of course he wants BOTH LeMond and Betsy "excluded", he/they know they have the goods on him and he and his merry band of dolts, don't want either to leave tire marks on Wonderboy!

This is the person SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many here worshipped and thought he was the GOAT? :rolleyes: :lol:

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/06/24/lance-armstrong-trial-greg-lemond/ :rolleyes: :redface:

What goods do they have? Apart from pent up frustrations and anxiety? :cool:

thehog said:
86TDFWinner said:

What goods do they have? Apart from pent up frustrations and anxiety? :cool:

LeMond has intimate knowledge and documents regarding the USPS team and some of their dealings.

Betsy still has info, and Wonderboy refuses to admit the truth about the hospital room doping confession.

TRENDING THREADS