• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

Page 530 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

irondan said:
Orvieto said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned here. It's a few months old, but Trail Runner magazine seems to be happy to help Armstrong in his latest attempt to rehabilitate himself. Warning, go here only if you can tolerate writer Jenn Shelton's cloying sycophancy.

"Lance looked down at what he calls his “burger belly” and smiled. It was a smile I didn’t even know that I’d seen before until that moment—a smile that all of America smiled alongside every July for seven years. Boyish and mischievous, resting below a set of hardened blue eyes. A visage so unmistakable that no beard or baseball cap could ever disguise it."

http://trailrunnermag.com/people/adventure/article/1806-a-grand-odyssey-lance-armstron-jenn-shelton

The irony for me is that I stumbled on this in writer Christopher McDougall's twitter feed. Chris is the hawking his book "Natural Born Heroes."
This link has been posted here before, but it just goes to show that Lance permeates US media very deeply.

His antics can be found in every crack and crevice of the internet, and are often stumbled upon on accident.
Wow, did you see that closeup of Lance's face? I used to say he looks 10 years older than his actual age. Now I'm thinking it's more like 15 years.

Archibald said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
irondan said:
MarkvW said:
I don't think there is much of a promotional market for 45 year-old second rank dope cheats.

But after the USPS suit is over, Lance will be pretty much done with lawsuits because of the statutes of limitation.
He still sells a lot of papers/magazines, and he's not even competing. I think you're correct for everyone except for Lance, but that's just my opinion and I can't see the future...
You never know what the Masters Tri community will spend money on. They like to buy everything from PED's to the latest cycling / swimming gadget. That community is probably 100% the biggest loser group ever. Maybe Lance will be able to fill his pockets with their money.
Proudly sponsored by Amgen...
"Look what you can do when on our products",
"What are you on?"...
Having lived in a city with a hotbed of cashed up, competitive, masters Tri-derp-letes (Perth) I can tell you that is actually pretty accurate.

A couple of "Anti-aging" clinics in Scarborough and Fremantle got busted a couple of years ago handing out "replacement therapies" to anyone who asked for them...

StryderHells said:
Weapons of @ss Destruction said:
Benotti69 said:
I guess his lawyers, bank manager, ex wife etc are hoping...

Former major sponsors who dumped him for their own convenience only when it looked like it might be harmful to their bottom line, will no doubt be back on board when/if the fickle, short memory of public opinion trends positive again indicating possibility of profit from the association.

You are joking aren't you? No major sponsor will come close to him again, the guys a joke and will be tied up in lawsuits for years to come
Don't be so sure, as soon as Armstrong comes up with a half decent business plan investors will be on board faster than you can say "masters triathlon".

You'll be surprised how many really do think he did nothing anyone else didn't do and that he's served his time. Just wait for the comments section on the next Armstrong article on Facebook :(

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
There are pretenders to the throne, but no circle jerk compares to the clinic LA circle jerk. Thank Dog for Lance Armstrong. What would the clinic do without him? :)

Re:

MarkvW said:
I think Russia is absolutely crushing Lance Armstrong and USPS as the worstest dopers ever! Does anybody here remain naive enough to believe now that Lance was the only rider with an "in" with the UCI?
Of course he wasn't, but anyone with a functioning brain can tell that some were more "in" than others, and Armstrong easily topped this list.

42x16ss said:
MarkvW said:
I think Russia is absolutely crushing Lance Armstrong and USPS as the worstest dopers ever! Does anybody here remain naive enough to believe now that Lance was the only rider with an "in" with the UCI?
Of course he wasn't, but anyone with a functioning brain can tell that some were more "in" than others, and Armstrong easily topped this list.

Lance was the only one who got caught. Perhaps the others were a little more "in," and had better functioning "brains." :)

MarkvW said:
42x16ss said:
MarkvW said:

Lance was the only one who got caught. Perhaps the others were a little more "in," and had better functioning "brains." :)

Or perhaps the others were a little less brazen and didn't wave their hubris like a flag.

MacRoadie said:
MarkvW said:
42x16ss said:
MarkvW said:

Or perhaps the others were a little less brazen and didn't wave their hubris like a flag.

Or simply just treated their teammates/co-conspirators half-decently!

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

BOLZANO, Italy — Lance Armstrong's former physician, Michele Ferrari, has been ordered to stand trial for allegedly providing doping assistance to a biathlete.

Italian biathlete Daniel Taschler and his father Gottlieb — a vice president of the international federation — were also indicted by a preliminary judge in Bolzano on Wednesday.

The older Taschler is accused of recommending that his son use Ferrari for doping, and contacting the doctor.

Ferrari was banned for life by the Italian Cycling Federation in 2002. He recently appealed to a regional court to have the ban lifted, with a decision expected in the coming months.

Ferrari was also banned for life by the United States Anti-Doping Agency in the 2012 case that led to Armstrong being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles.

More of the same.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/4bfd8ca08aa3485c8f34a3b1531ad110/BIA--Doping-Ferrari

Re:

MarkvW said:
Lance: "I doped."
Phil: "You don't mean that, Lance!"
Lance: "Yes, I do."
Phil: "No, not absolutely."
Lance: "Okay, Phil you dumbnuts. Have it your way."

FMK - Phil Ligget's not feeling the love no more: "Lance has never rung up and thanked me for standing by him."

Benotti69 - Be surprised if Ligget had any friends!

I don't think Phil is intentionally obstreperous, but he sure is exceedingly naive about a lot of things - Armstrong's doping especially when Kimmage and Walsh were on the trail, and the likelihood of terrorist attacks in France ("gobsmacked!")

Neither of these two events took a lot of deep thinking to figure out!

PS. Condolences and support to all our French friends. In Canada there have been numerous memorials and expression of support across the whole country, given our historical association with France. Bonne chance et soyez en securite!

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Re:

MarkvW said:
Yeah but it cuts both ways. They're talking about banning the entire Russian track and field team from the upcomming Olympic games in Rio. Lance can no longer claim he's being singled out.

Pazuzu said:
MarkvW said:
Yeah but it cuts both ways. They're talking about banning the entire Russian track and field team from the upcomming Olympic games in Rio. Lance can no longer claim he's being singled out.

They're not talking about banning them at all. They'll be back shortly. Compliance is the new doping.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site

thehog said:
They're talking about banning the entire Russian track and field team from the upcomming Olympic games in Rio.
It warms the heart to think that that they have such confidence in all the other Russian athletes.

Hopefully all those dirty runners, jumpers and throwers haven't corrupted and contaminated the ranks of weight lifters, boxers, wrestlers, rowers, swimmers, gymnasts and...

cyclists! :eek:

thehog said:
Pazuzu said:
MarkvW said:

They're not talking about banning them at all. They'll be back shortly. Compliance is the new doping.

Maybe they hired Nibalis/Astanas lawyers? Those igits somehow got that team off and they were able to keep their license. Or maybe they hired the dolts who are running the show for Wonderboy.

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
The Program opened in Australia on Nov 26. How do you think it did? Top 10? Top 20? See for yourself http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/boxoffice.asp (And I thought they loved LA down under?)

Struth mate!

The Program is still plugging away in 3 cinemas in the UK. They would be lonely places to watch the movie! :eek:

56 The Program UK/Fra £1,260 StudioCanal -67% 7 3 £420.00.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/education-research/film-industry-statistics-research/weekend-box-office-figures

TRENDING THREADS