• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official London Olympics Doping thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
"As posted elsewhere, Russian Athletics has a huge number of 2013 positives for some reason"

because they all dope and they're being targeted along with the africans

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
IAAF says more positives are coming. I wonder what the strategy is behind funding back-dated testing. Maybe there's another wave of doping in cycling scandal coming?

I hope so. Not that sport is filthy. We sort of know that is the case but I hope that back-dated testing can nail as many athletes as possible. It is a reasonable practice that, along with harsher bans, can balance the risk/reward situation to encourage cleaner sports, cycling included.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Winning fixes everything. Money, privilege, everything!

More 2012 London medals being redistributed.

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/news/arzhakova-and-pishchalnikova-banned-for-doping/

London 2012 discus silver medallist Darya Pishchalnikova 2nd offense, 10 year ban.

European 800m champion Yelena Arzhakova has been banned for two years for longitudinal profile AAF. Russia retested May 2012 samples.

As posted elsewhere, Russian Athletics has a huge number of 2013 positives for some reason

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/news...lptekin-tests-positive-for-banned-substances/

Cakir Alptekin could face a lifetime ban, with the athlete having already served a two-year doping ban after testing positive ... in 2004 as a teenage steeplechaser. That's more shocking than the second positive.

IAAF says more positives are coming. I wonder what the strategy is behind funding back-dated testing. Maybe there's another wave of doping in cycling scandal coming?

For a pretty bloody obvious reason, Dirty.

There are clearly pockets of particularly bad practice in different countries. If I had to guess Ireland for example, I'd say gaelic football, rugby and horses. GB, rugby league especially, a bit in football, and again the horsies - lots of jockeys on the gear. Suspect a few of the boxers too.

Russia's clearly has a pocket in track and field. There is no denying it. If they are being caught in bunches, just as they're about to host a World's, I suspect WADA have intervened, because RUSADA's moscow lab was a shambles - hell, I think the sister of one of the lab's head honches was a steroid pusher!! Years of doping with impunity suddenly replaced with wada and labs that kinda know what they're doing.

martinvickers said:
Russia's clearly has a pocket in track and field. There is no denying it. If they are being caught in bunches, just as they're about to host a World's, I suspect WADA have intervened, because RUSADA's moscow lab was a shambles - hell, I think the sister of one of the lab's head honches was a steroid pusher!! Years of doping with impunity suddenly replaced with wada and labs that kinda know what they're doing.

I had no idea. Thanks for this.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
I had no idea. Thanks for this.

I'm trying to stand the exact details up now. I know some of the samples that *would* have gone to Moscow now go direct to Cologne (Köln). the upsurge in Russian positives seems to coincide, but RUSADA itself, to be fair, has also stepped up efforts recently. And turns out my lizard brain remembered shambles, because apparently WADA came right out and described it as such.

So wasn't this the cleanest olympics ever. :rolleyes:

The testers were more advanced and bla bla bla.

Oh wait. Russian athletes shat all over this supposed advanced testing.

I bet they'll get it all fixed by the summer of 2016 so Rio can be the next "cleanest olympics ever"

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
The Hitch said:

I bet they'll get it all fixed by the summer of 2016 so Rio can be the next "cleanest olympics ever"

Sad thing is that it probably was the cleanest Olympics in a long time, with the bar set so low. Don't forget Bolt.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Vino winning gold underscores how thorough the testing was in London...

Good thing the ITT was clean.

TRENDING THREADS