• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official London Olympics Doping thread

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Some pre-Olympic bans:

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-doping-cheats-in-olympic-year/1#.UAfzKrWMOD8

http://www.iaaf.org/antidoping/news/newsid=64772.html

Helder Ornelas, 38, of Portugal is the first track and field athlete to receive a doping ban based on the biological passport program. His result is based on a series of blood tests collected from December 2009 to November 2010, the IAAF said. He was banned for four years. He was 46th in the 2008 Olympic marathon.

British wrestler Myroslav Dykun has been suspended after testing positive for amphetamines. A "B" sample also will be tested. He was one of the team's top wrestlers after winning gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.

Probably didn't learn about the British anti-doping attitude, because it can ruin your career. Should have become Spanish instead....;)

Iranian weightlifter Yousefi Pashaki received a two-year ban after testing positive for the illegal stimulant methylhexaneamine, the International Paralympic Committee announced. He had qualified for the London Paralympics.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
my PED highlights of the olympics...

the media sidestepping the issue that yoann blake the fastest man in the world this year and training partner of usain bolt has a drug ban on his record.

watching justin gatlin run faster over 100m than he managed whilst doping and passing every test.

christine ohuruogu winning the 400m despite not running a single world class time in the 2009-2011. there is nothing suspicous about the fact that she foul started in the worlds last year which is almost unheard of in that event and then came back from her winter training camp firing on all cylinders. she definitely didn't false start to avoid running a comically bad which would raise eyebrows when her form picked up.

listening to the dog whistle drug accusations against jessica ennis's eastern european rivals from the commentators who will be simultaneously convinced she is clean as a whistle.

no one asking sir steve redgrave how he managed to win 5 gold medals in rowing before the introduction of epo or hgh testing.

American woman's soccer player Hope Solo returned a positive doping control for the diuretic, Canrenone, which is only available in Europe.

She claimed it was an ingredient in a script her doctor gave her for PMS (which could very well be true - but it's only available in Europe? She lives in the US).
USADA gave her a "public warning" and as such, she will be part of the 2012 London games.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/10/goalkeeper-solo-gets-drug-warning-ahead-of-olympics/

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
T_S_A_R said:
my PED highlights of the olympics...

the media sidestepping the issue that yoann blake the fastest man in the world this year and training partner of usain bolt has a drug ban on his record.

watching justin gatlin run faster over 100m than he managed whilst doping and passing every test.

christine ohuruogu winning the 400m despite not running a single world class time in the 2009-2011. there is nothing suspicous about the fact that she foul started in the worlds last year which is almost unheard of in that event and then came back from her winter training camp firing on all cylinders. she definitely didn't false start to avoid running a comically bad which would raise eyebrows when her form picked up.

listening to the dog whistle drug accusations against jessica ennis's eastern european rivals from the commentators who will be simultaneously convinced she is clean as a whistle.

no one asking sir steve redgrave how he managed to win 5 gold medals in rowing before the introduction of epo or hgh testing.

Pahaha, I had no idea Yohan Blake even have a positive before. Omerta runs deep.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Sky obviously have something to hide in the pre-Olympic prep

the Inner Ring‏@inrng

Wiggins, Cavendish and the GB team are now in a "secret" location in Britain, training for the Olympics and keeping away from the media.

Any suggestions what they are hiding?

Normandy said:
Sky obviously have something to hide in the pre-Olympic prep

the Inner Ring‏@inrng

Wiggins, Cavendish and the GB team are now in a "secret" location in Britain, training for the Olympics and keeping away from the media.

Any suggestions what they are hiding?

Would be nice to keep this thread free of all the Sky stuff.
Plenty of other threads to speculate in.
This thread might actually fill up with many doping stories
that have evidence links which might prove of general interest.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Would be nice to keep this thread free of all the Sky stuff.
Plenty of other threads to speculate in.
This thread might actually fill up with many doping stories
that have evidence links which might prove of general interest.
I was debating which thread as it contained both Olympics and Sky.

Happy if a moderator wants to move it.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Nadal not taking part in the olympic..could it be that he is afraid of the testing:confused:

The NHL players (professional ice hockey) got allowed into the Olympics with a waiver as to not undergo normal IOC testing, so it's probably not that.

How's that for an argument for a strong cycling league, JV? ProLeague, RiderReps, RiderAssociation, all with more money and power than ethics could ever stand in the way of.

Lovely....

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Poursuivant said:
Lol, that was my initial reaction. Nadal and his conveniently timed injuries.

Nadal competed in the last Olympics. I would understand a timed injury before the Olympics, but during the Olympics? What's the point of that?

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I think this exercise would be far more interesting if we tried to find clean athletes .
For instance, Eric Moussambani in 2000 may have been clean. That said cautiously, of course.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Bonkstrong said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18960083 - I smell a rat.

Athlete misses training camps and works with "private medical staff" in a crucial phase of Olympic preparation. Is he a) worried that the BOA will replace him with somebody else or b) dodging any last minute drug tests

Seriously, I can't believe this. Guy skips training camp to work with 'private medical staff' a week before the Olympics and the BOA doctors have to write to him to ask for his medical records? Weird at the very least.

TRENDING THREADS