• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - Stage 13 • Vittel - Colmar• 200 km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Best part of today was Lance going to front at the peak of the big climb, but Alberto pipping him there to let him know who's boss! The real race for the Tour was 1min long :D

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Alot of people complained about the Giro course but seeing how people ride here I'd prefer that course any day. At least they had uphill finishes that forced people to ride a little...

Agree, that's also "Alpe d'Huez's" pt. on another thread about Giro.

Maybe things will get interesting depending on how Van Velde and Wiggins do the the ITT. If they can hang on the climbs till then and take time on ITT, then maybe we have a race with Astana? Anyone?

Final hope may be Garmin, and that's a pretty thin reed right now.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Name the last time Armstrong did...

Jobie Dajka died earlier this year, and remind me why he was dropped by the Australian Olympic team after Athens...

Did he test positive? There is just as much if not more evidence that Armstrong doped.... and what about Landis, Hamilton.....?

Anyway, I am not really claiming that one nation is any cleaner than another. I just get a little upset when a good rider, who has never been involved in a doping controversy, has a good day and wins a stage and because he doesn't belong to Astana everyone says he must be doped....

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
Did he test positive? There is just as much if not more evidence that Armstrong doped.... and what about Landis, Hamilton.....?

Anyway, I am not really claiming that one nation is any cleaner than another. I just get a little upset when a good rider, who has never been involved in a doping controversy, has a good day and wins a stage and because he doesn't belong to Astana everyone says he must be doped....

My point about Armstrong was an ironic one.

As for the other part, I am just saying that it is suspicious to ME.

Great, great win for Haussler today. Great to see the kid ride that well. We knew he'd be a good pick for a breakaway stage win, but I don't think a lot of people thought he'd win a stage like this. But the cards all fell into place, and he was strong enough at the end. Best win of his young career.

Nocentini looked good.

Sad to see Levi done.

The only other surprise of sorts was that I'm starting to think Thor is maybe going to top Cav by the time we get to Paris for the Maillot Vert.

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:

My biggest bitch is that we had a mountain stage where Thor finished with the main climbers...

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
My point about Armstrong was an ironic one.

As for the other part, I am just saying that it is suspicious to ME.

Oh I know what you think about Armstrong, judging by many of your posts on these forums, and I happen to agree with you.

Anyway.. great win by Haussler. I think (and hope) he is clean, and if he tests positive tomorrow I will come and eat my words here tomorrow ;)

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Bravo Haussler!! Good stuff after he lost M-SR to Cavendish.

Other than that, another stupid, boring stage. The worst first two-weeks TDF I have seen, ever.

Hopefully, we'll get some racing on Sundary, but I doubt it.:eek:

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
My biggest bitch is that we had a mountain stage where Thor finished with the main climbers...

+1.... here we totally agree. I can't believe with the first mountains in a week and with the rain nobody attacked. :mad:

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
+1.... here we totally agree. I can't believe with the first mountains in a week and with the rain nobody attacked. :mad:

I just got a 10 point doping post violation and I used someone else's urine...:D

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
Oh I know what you think about Armstrong, judging by many of your posts on these forums, and I happen to agree with you.

Anyway.. great win by Haussler. I think (and hope) he is clean, and if he tests positive tomorrow I will come and eat my words here tomorrow ;)

It was a good ride, I just got caught up in something for which there is not proof. I guess speculation is best left for the other part of the forum.

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
ROFL!...... bravo!

I was lucky... I didn't get tested! :D

Better check your inbox according to Greg's post. They are acting just like the UCI, posting positives before the rider gets notified...:D

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Just about covers all bases CN seems to think:

"He proved that while many assume that his sprint is his greatest asset, the 25-year-old displayed all the traits that will make him a force to be reckoned with in the coming years with a complete performance that included impressive climbing, powerful flatland riding and tactical nous"

I'm impressed.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Better check your inbox according to Greg's post. They are acting just like the UCI, posting positives before the rider gets notified...:D

:(.........

Oh well... I suppose I should go into work now that my "Dr's appointment" is over.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I might as well say this now, in the hope that they make me look a fool.

I think the pretenders have already conceeded the top two podium spots and barring accidents, are vying for third.:(

Probably a big reason, too, why Lance decided he could come back. Re his initial "joke" comment to Wilcockson about quality of opposition in last year's Tour.

Tour organizers prob. hadn't figured on the TTT result biasing things so much. Without the TTT, the GC standings would still be competitive for a lot of climbers going into ITT--and with Ventoux still to follow.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
indurain666 said:
Bravo Haussler!! Good stuff after he lost M-SR to Cavendish.

Other than that, another stupid, boring stage. The worst first two-weeks TDF I have seen, ever.

Hopefully, we'll get some racing on Sundary, but I doubt it.:eek:

This years Tour is a joke.... or was that last year ? :rolleyes:

May 13, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
This years Tour is a joke.... or was that last year ? :rolleyes:

Learn how to read LA jedi, I never said the field was a joke. You can have the most competitive field ever (not saying it is) but if you make them race 200 km on rolling terrain day after day, guess what??? It gets boring :eek:

So thats what we have this year...so far anyway:D

But who cares what I say, you can't se beyond LA.:(