• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official Thread: TdF Stage 10, Limoges - Issoudun 194.5 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Radio's

If they want to make it entertaining let us listen to the radio's on the TV Broadcast, just like in Formula one. Lets Her what Lance has to say when Contador breaks team orders and heads up the road!!!

Now that would have been entertainment!!!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Versus switched to commercials?

ha ha no, I don't know, I am watching Rai Due. They have to talk so much today to fill the show, that I feel like I am actually learning Italian now... The stage promotes free education ;)

A

Anonymous

Bala Verde said:
Paddington, haha, it's the UK, London. You've got pubs on every corner. I think they even have a pub in Paddington Station... The UK is great :D

yeh was finding one that was definately showing the time trial... get in about 1h30 before the end of the stage so cant mess around looking for one.. found a sports bar with food two stops down on the tube.. :D all good..

as for today.. i like cavs hint of green.. :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:
What's up with Boonen? He's had some bad luck and it's got to be playing with his confidence.

he was about 15th-20th position at 1km. not good enough. gotta be up there with thor, tyler and cav. I saw him situp at about 500m.

Even though Cav seems pretty unbeatable, I think thor will win the green.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
he was about 15th-20th position at 1km. not good enough. gotta be up there with thor, tyler and cav. I saw him situp at about 500m.

Even though Cav seems pretty unbeatable, I think thor will win the green.

Yeah . . he's gone from Tornado Tom . . to Timid Tom. Just shows how confidence is everything.

Thor appeared on theeh sprint to being happy to staying on the wheel of Cav, basically minimizing the gains in poibnts by him.

One of these sprinters got to get a clue and try something different. Waiting for Cavendish to go and then hope to come around him has proven time and time again to be a very bad tactic. Somebody needs to try a 400m sprint just to hope to disrupt the Columbia train.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:
If the break can't hang on . . . I'm rooting for Tornado Tom to win in a powder coated finish.

I've never seen Tom so indifferent to sprints. Maybe there was an accord between the organizing powers of France and Tom. Maybe a sort of contract that states: "you can enter the tour but don't you dare win a stage. Money will be delivered after last stage if you complete your promise of not contending sprints." That is my conspiracy theory for this week.

ok, I take back part of that, Farrar was looking to start a 500m sprint, but the last 600m was uphill instead of just the last 100m according to the Race bible.

Still think that he should have had Dean lead him out instead of him alone trying to come around the Columbia train from what it appeared on TV.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Andre.J said:
I've never seen Tom so indifferent to sprints. Maybe there was an accord between the organizing powers of France and Tom. Maybe a sort of contract that states: "you can enter the tour but don't you dare win a stage. Money will be delivered after last stage if you complete your promise of not contending sprints." That is my conspiracy theory for this week.

He isn't indifferent, it is the Columbia train that is too fast. Thor (and Farrar today) are basically the only ones that can keep up with them on the last kilometers. These sprints are not like a couple of years ago when you had a pretty wide peloton approaching the final kilometer. Now it's all stretched out 'cause of the C-train and if you're not on Cavendish og Thors wheel you haven't got a chance. Look at Thor's Cervelo-Team. They simply can't build up a proper lead-out for Thor, cause the speed is so high. He's better off just following Cavendish's wheel. Cavendish should really thank Tony Martin for the victory today.

TRENDING THREADS