• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - TdF Stage 11 Vatan - Saint-Fargeau (192 km)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
etappe11_tdf09.png

A similar profile to Tuesday's non-stage: two cat 4 bumps, but with more bends and a final kilometer that is false flat, possibly more suited to the Hushovd/Freire sprint than to Cav (he hopes).

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
A similar profile to Tuesday's non-stage: two cat 4 bumps, but with more bends and a final kilometer that is false flat, possibly more suited to the Hushovd/Freire sprint than to Cav (he hopes).

False flat? It lookes like a 6% slope on the last 500m.

Anyone think a break will survive or just like stage 10 the sprinters will gobble them up timing it better (if this is possible as they will be with radio's this time).
S Chavanel has been rather quiet recently...or even LL Sanchez again?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm a bit disappointed. On paper, it looks like a very exciting stage, if only they would ban team radios.

Then it would be just as exciting as today's stage...:rolleyes:

Amsterhammer said:
etappe11_tdf09.png

QUOTE]

Do you think there is any truth to the rumour that the organisers deliberatley chose a route that passed through the maximum number of French towns with slightly silly sounding names that English speaking commentators will not be able to pronounce properly? :rolleyes:

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I fancy Chavanel for a win too. No point him hanging around to lead out Boonen, he hasn't even got close to challenging a finish yet. Had a quid at 20-1 :)

QUOTE]

Do you think there is any truth to the rumour that the organisers deliberatley chose a route that passed through the maximum number of French towns with slightly silly sounding names that English speaking commentators will not be able to pronounce properly? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It's not the fault of the French that the English speaking commentators have holes in their education!

DenisMenchov said:
I don`t think Cav is so superrior, it`s his train.

The overhead shots tell a different story. Have you not been watching? The best of the rest sprinters begin right in his wheel with 100% the best draft. And he gaps them when he goes.

How would his lead out men who are all coasting, burned out at this stage affect this outcome?

Pls to explain?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
How about Boonen?

Could Stage 11 be the stage that Tommy has been waiting for? I hope he shakes off his funk and decides to compete, because he may have a chance today. He is a strong lad, and the uphill suits him, I think. Though I have no problem with Cav's dominance (he is the fastest guy, afterall), I would like to see him challenged with a bit more creativity. Obviously, he can't be outgunned, so he has to be out-thought, right? But separating him from the train isn't a surefire way to do it because before Highroad had the train led by Renshaw, Hincapie, Kirchen, and crew, Cavendish learned how to win ala Robbie McEwen, that is as a solo opportunist. So he win in more than one way. Today's finale should be interesting.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Has Australian win written all over it, maybe Dean as well. Course is made for a break, might see a string of riders off the front for a lot of the race.

The "elastic band" could get a run on SBS tonight.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
39*23t said:
expect a gift stage to ignatiev for upholding the refusal to work with french riders in a breakaway due to their anti radio stance.

Gift stage my eye!! Ignatiev rode like a punk...why even get in the break if you are not going to work? Punk. There are no gifts in the Tour...

A

Anonymous

no tv coverage here till 1 :(

all still together with the first sprint coming up, will we actually see an intermediate sprint contested.. :eek:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I bet a lot of riders don't like Ignatiev. On stage 8 he kept attacking the breakaway and tried to drop everybody to which a few riders told him to pull his head in and settle down and yeasterday he just sat on and did no work. It would of been a joke if he had won.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Van Summeran and Sapa are attempting a break away according to the ticker....but by the time it updates they will probably be back in the peleton. lol

A

Anonymous

interesting that zabel says cav not after green...

twitter last night> bradwigginsGood job today Cav, remember what we spoke about today, don't mess it up And don't forget those Omnibus shoes

id say brad and cav been talking.. we shall find out at the sprint point i guess..

TRENDING THREADS