• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - TdF Stage 11 Vatan - Saint-Fargeau (192 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

whiteboytrash said:
Wiggo & co got their 15 seconds back.......... just announced....

well theres a surprise :D

wheres the tv coverage :(

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Jasper said:
It's about time Silence got a bit of succes, but I doubt Columbia will give them a free pass. But if anyone deserves a Tour stage win, it's Summie :)

Good to see you back again ;)

What about v. Avermaet for today?

dimspace said:
interesting that zabel says cav not after green...

True, though if I remember rightly before Milan-San Remo they said that winning wasn't realistic for Cav and they therefore wouldn't be targeting it ...

And then before the team time trial at the Giro, Cav said Columbia weren't targeting the stage because they considered there wasn't much chance that they could beat Garmin ...

The more Cav (and to a lesser extent Zabel) keep saying that green is not a goal the more it makes me sure that it actually is.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
The Barb said:
True, though if I remember rightly before Milan-San Remo they said that winning wasn't realistic for Cav and they therefore wouldn't be targeting it ...

And then before the team time trial at the Giro, Cav said Columbia weren't targeting the stage because they considered there wasn't much chance that they could beat Garmin ...

The more Cav (and to a lesser extent Zabel) keep saying that green is not a goal the more it makes me sure that it actually is.

If green wasnt a goal, he wouldnt have the green shoes, green sunglasses, and other green garbage to go with the jersey.

A

Anonymous

Well, I was going to follow the stage today, but I just can't be bothered to do so. Quite simply, this is the worst race I have watched in a long time. To call it boring would do a disservice to sports like baseball. This is something well beyond boring. After yesterday's great big "FU" to fans of cycling by the peloton, I just cannot seem to give a shit about this sorry excuse for a race.

Have fun watching. I am sure that watching a Cav sprint win will be great fun for all.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how Columbia tackles the uphill finish on todays stage. I don't think Mark Renshaw is strong enough to hold the front uphill. This is a stage for Thor, who will hang on to Cavs wheel today aswell.

No question. Breathtakingly boring.

I'm sure things will improve in the Alps but I just hope that doesn't cause the organisers to forget how bad it has been so far. Lest they repeat their mistakes in race design in the future ... who am I kidding ... after Ventoux has some action they'll be patting themselves on the back for creating such an exciting race.

Wergeland said:
It will be interesting to see how Columbia tackles the uphill finish on todays stage. I don't think Mark Renshaw is strong enough to hold the front uphill. This is a stage for Thor, who will hang on to Cavs wheel today aswell.

What is Farrar like in a uphill finish?
He was close (without looking likely) yesterday after a slight mistake about 150m-200m from memory???

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Well, I was going to follow the stage today, but I just can't be bothered to do so. Quite simply, this is the worst race I have watched in a long time. To call it boring would do a disservice to sports like baseball. This is something well beyond boring. After yesterday's great big "FU" to fans of cycling by the peloton, I just cannot seem to give a shit about this sorry excuse for a race.

Have fun watching. I am sure that watching a Cav sprint win will be great fun for all.

It's funny actually, how appropriate Mr Armstrong's words are now, when he labeled last year's TdF "a joke"

TRENDING THREADS