• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread - TdF Stage 11 Vatan - Saint-Fargeau (192 km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
frizzlefry said:
If green wasnt a goal, he wouldnt have the green shoes, green sunglasses, and other green garbage to go with the jersey.

It's for just in case he wins....you don't want your outfit to clash with your shoes...;)

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I just have a question regarding the live coverage and I quote

14:32 CEST (123km remaining from 192km)

If Mark Cavendish can win today in Saint-Fargeau he will equal Barry Hoban's record of eight Tour de France stage wins. While Barry spread his wins across the period of 1967 and 1975, Cavendish will have equalled the feat in the space of two years.

Um, what do they mean by 8 TdF stage wins being a record? Didn't Lance Armstrong do much better? I'm confused.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Pezrider said:
Damn it.. Im in WA and it's got some stupid ancient chinese show.
Breaking my balls!!

Ahh...That would make sense...well you aren't really missing much...;)

Its about the first emperor of china....must be 10pm WA time when you get live pics

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
didosmom said:
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I just have a question regarding the live coverage and I quote

14:32 CEST (123km remaining from 192km)

If Mark Cavendish can win today in Saint-Fargeau he will equal Barry Hoban's record of eight Tour de France stage wins. While Barry spread his wins across the period of 1967 and 1975, Cavendish will have equalled the feat in the space of two years.

Um, what do they mean by 8 TdF stage wins being a record? Didn't Lance Armstrong do much better? I'm confused.

that would be the record for a british rider

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Just switched on Eurosport a few minutes ago, Contador back at Astana car with no team mates, a few minutes later Armstrong being paced back up by Popo + Rast..what gives. Even Sean Kelly caled the race "Boring"

msjett said:
Ahh...That would make sense...well you aren't really missing much...;)

Yeah but we have had it at 8:30 WST every night. 6:00 WST on weekends?
Maybe they stuffed up or no ratings?

I Hate This Backward State, what will we get next clean drinking water? Electricity? :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Pezrider said:
Yeah but we have had it at 8:30 WST every night. 6:00 WST on weekends?
Maybe they stuffed up or no ratings?

I Hate This Backward State, what will we get next clean drinking water? Electricity? :D

LMAO...I am not sure, maybe the stuffed up the programming, is it on SBS 1?

msjett said:

Nah SBS 1 is a program about a Ship and some explorers from maybe 1700's or something??

Man lucky its not the Alps or something :)

Will have to wait and see at 10pm WST.....

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
top 8 at most in a group sprint.
Maybe boonen, if he can get his team on a line

Your having a laugh! You can't blame his team.
Boonen should make a left turn and ride home, he should be lying on a sofa.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
didosmom said:
Ah, thanks. They didn't make it clear, did they? :rolleyes:

suppose not although cav did state at the start of the tour that it was one of his goals
Armstrong has won 22 stages (5th and top amercian) while the overall record is eddy mercyx with 34 stages if the tour is bit new to you here is a link that gives quite a good explanation of the aspects of the race

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_France#Stage_wins

msjett said:

They finished that program at 9:30pm WST then went and showed a recap of last nights stage, got 10mins in and cut to tonights live stage now without warning.
One minute watching the 4 man breakaway of yesterday then cut within a second to todays 2 man break (kinda freaked me out)
haha
:D

Im happy now!! The SBS boys must have been on the ****!

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Pezrider said:
They finished that program at 9:30pm WST then went and showed a recap of last nights stage, got 10mins in and cut to tonights live stage now without warning.
One minute watching the 4 man breakaway of yesterday then cut within a second to todays 2 man break (kinda freaked me out)
haha

The jump cut was very fashionable in French cinema for some time…….

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
I somehow foolishly hoped that Cav and Thor might want to at least contest the sprint points available, but no......blinding tedium....:(

Ah don't worry - there's still the 1 point on offer for 3rd over the Cat 4 climb to come! Egoi Martinez went for it at the first one - not sure if he went over unchallenged. The suspense is killing me...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Pezrider said:
haha

.....lol you could be right about them being on the ****...

TRENDING THREADS