• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 18 Annency-Annency 40.5 km ITT

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What a skunk of a Trek, Rip Van Winkle is riding.

Harmon Eurosport commentator, on Radioshack: "So, an American sponsor, an American bike and an American star rider, in an all American team...."

For a minute there, I thought he was talking about CVdV and Garmin.:rolleyes:

RdBiker said:
Wiggins looks very comfortable, whereas Armstrong doesn't IMO.
Not surpised, with that frame job.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
igamogam said:
Looks like the last riders off might have to ride in a thunderstorm :(

I can see Lac d'Annecy from my place (20 Km away it's thundering like crazy here and it's starting to look pretty murky down the valley.

It would be a pity if the real contenders times were spoiled by slick roads.:mad:

Is it raining? Is the thunderstorm going towards the lake?

If it starts raining in the end it really disadvantages Contador and A.Schleck.

Rechtschreibfehler said:
I think Andy might surprise the hell out of us today.
But that's just a feeling.

He has a podium to ride for so hopefully that, and Jens, adds a little motivation for the ride. My hope is for him to be within 2 minutes (or so) of Canc. He should be in decent shape for a podium if he manages that.

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
So the question now is.....is Contador going to fade badly at the end, like he's done in every time trial over 30kms he's ever ridden?

I am guessing that he will be just fine through the end.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Rechtschreibfehler said:
I think Andy might surprise the hell out of us today.
But that's just a feeling.

He has, after all, got some good TT advisors on his team (Fabian, Bobby J) and he has been working on improving in this area ...

Yeah, within 2 mins of Fabian would be good :)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
He didn't fade in the Dauphine TT which was 40KM or the Spanish National Time Trial championship which was close to 50KM.

In the Dauphiné he was ahead of a few people at the first check that had passed him by the end. Wouldn't know about the spanish nationals, don't know the intermediate checks.

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
Lance @ 9" to Wiggins...
level with Frank.

I gotta say this, if Frank and Andy TT with Armstrong, there is something REALLY, REALLY wrong...

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
To me Lance looks like he is sitting a little low and that he's uncomfortable, if you notice he keeps doing small hops in the saddle to adjust his position, which is robbing him power. Theoretically speaking he should be gaining more time on Frank than he is.

TRENDING THREADS