• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official thread TdF Stage 18 Annency-Annency 40.5 km ITT

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Nastyy said:
Too bad he can't follow Frank either. Lance will probably finish 6th in Paris if Klöden doesn't have to drag his *** up the Ventoux.

I wouldn't anticipate that although it could happen. I remember him riding over the top of Frank on a previous stage. I was just talking tactics. Take it easy Francis.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Nastyy said:
Too bad he can't follow Frank either. Lance will probably finish 6th in Paris if Klöden doesn't have to drag his *** up the Ventoux.

He proved a few times that he has more brains than ego:cool:... He has the greatest routine among the riders, and he uses it well, never saw him making a mistake like Contador on stage 17, now that was out of ego!

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
He is running around like a school aged kid...

And like a 13 year old girl at that. Sarah said this... Mary replied that... we don't like Sally... Twitter included. All he needs is some pink and flowers in his team jersey, because yellow he ain't getting. Maybe he will manage to get Hello Kitty as a sponsor for next year...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Belokki said:
He proved a few times that he has more brains than ego:cool:... He has the greatest routine among the riders, and he uses it well, never saw him making a mistake like Contador on stage 17, now that was out of ego!

Lance does not have an ego? Am I missing something here...he is from Texas...so his ego should be Texas sized right?

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
there is something about contador I detest. I hope he tests postive. He does have that overly intense look of a druggy. Regardless, I will boycott next year because I dont want to see Contador win again. People seem to forget the massive genocide the spanish committed in South America.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
iceaxe said:
there is something about contador I detest. I hope he tests postive. He does have that overly intense look of a druggy. Regardless, I will boycott next year because I dont want to see Contador win again.

I don't want him to test positive...really!!! However, who would you rather see? I would like Andy!! That would be fun.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
Lance does not have an ego? Am I missing something here...he is from Texas...so his ego should be Texas sized right?

He does have and ego! A healthy one! Imagine if he were to be like Cavendish:rolleyes:! He would get shot on site like Oscar

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
WBT...I think AC is deeper than just the tour...I think he will win more Giros and Vueltas too.

The Kid can have what ever he wants. He'll win LBL as well. Andy said so.... Andy and Alberto are good friends. I like that.

Some 38 year old finished 14th in today's TT. Thats not a bad effort for a 38 year old - is he the first 38 year old to finish 14th in the final TT of a tour ?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Wergeland said:
According to him Lance didn't have a single nice thing to say about Contador and he also said that he no longer had his teammatest support - not even Paulinho. (Dag Otto didn't even wanna say everything that Lance had told him)

I've been on LA's jock strap for all of his 7 tour wins, watched every tour for the last 11 years and was excited about this one after AC's win in the Vuelta, knowing that Astana would be in this edition. When Armstrong announced his comeback I was like right on, LA in the Giro, AC in the Tour. But as time went forward and LA started changing his tune I knew that he was going to go for the tour win. When he did what he did in stage 3, I knew his intentions, get the yellow, claim team leadership and place AC into a support role. When Arcalis was done and LA made his quote "Not the plan, doesn't surprise me", he lost me. AC knew that if LA got the yellow at the end of that stage, his tour was over, period. Ever since then, LA has forged a passive aggressive media war against AC, trying to turn the tables on the true team leader. After Verbier, I was extremely happy to see LA completely and totally humbled, but even then you could tell he was not at all happy. AK towed his **** up that climb, it cost AK at least 30 secs if not more, nothing was said then about, wow if AK misses out on the podium by 2' we know where it happened. Now with Levi and LA making tweets about yesterday and these comments today, I'm absolutely disgusted with LA. Screw him, I hope FS crushes him up Ventoux and he absolutely shatters and finishes out of the top 5 in 6th. Astana should be embracing AC, he is the team leader, has so far crushed the field, not had his team help him on the final 3 climbs (yes, the protected him to the base of those climbs, but they also did that for LA and AK too) and yet LA's war of disinformation continues. Whats next, is LA going to come out and say "Damn, a performance like that isn't normal, how can he beat the World Champ, something must be going on." It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

SCREW YOU LA, you bitter ***!! I can't believe I cheered for you for so many years.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
The Kid can have what ever he wants. He'll win LBL as well. Andy said so.... Andy and Alberto are good friends. I like that.

Some 38 year old finished 14th in today's TT. Thats not a bad effort for a 38 year old - is he the first 38 year old to finish 14th in the final TT of a tour ?

That 38 year old survived cancer, is on the podium in the hardest race on earth after 3 years of retirement and a broken collarbone;)... you can't diminish his achievement:cool:, no matter how much you try:p:rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
LargusMeans said:
I've been on LA's jock strap for all of his 7 tour wins, watched every tour for the last 11 years and was excited about this one after AC's win in the Vuelta, knowing that Astana would be in this edition. When Armstrong announced his comeback I was like right on, LA in the Giro, AC in the Tour. But as time went forward and LA started changing his tune I knew that he was going to go for the tour win. When he did what he did in stage 3, I knew his intentions, get the yellow, claim team leadership and place AC into a support role. When Arcalis was done and LA made his quote "Not the plan, doesn't surprise me", he lost me. AC knew that if LA got the yellow at the end of that stage, his tour was over, period. Ever since then, LA has forged a passive aggressive media war against AC, trying to turn the tables on the true team leader. After Verbier, I was extremely happy to see LA completely and totally humbled, but even then you could tell he was not at all happy. AK towed his **** up that climb, it cost AK at least 30 secs if not more, nothing was said then about, wow if AK misses out on the podium by 2' we know where it happened. Now with Levi and LA making tweets about yesterday and these comments today, I'm absolutely disgusted with LA. Screw him, I hope FS crushes him up Ventoux and he absolutely shatters and finishes out of the top 5 in 6th. Astana should be embracing AC, he is the team leader, has so far crushed the field, not had his team help him on the final 3 climbs (yes, the protected him to the base of those climbs, but they also did that for LA and AK too) and yet LA's war of disinformation continues. Whats next, is LA going to come out and say "Damn, a performance like that isn't normal, how can he beat the World Champ, something must be going on." It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

SCREW YOU LA, you bitter ***!! I can't believe I cheered for you for so many years.

Don't hold back !!! Nice post.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Belokki said:
That 38 year old survived cancer, is on the podium in the hardest race on earth after 3 years of retirement and a broken collarbone;)... you can't diminish his achievement:cool:, no matter how much you try:p:rolleyes:

No denying it at all!! Great ride by an old man...it is just the whole dynamic around him and AC. LA needs to go in grace...period.

whiteboytrash said:

Moreau is 38 and finished 8th today. And Poulidor was 40 when he finished 3rd in the last ITT in 1976.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
LargusMeans said:

I think you got it wrong.

I'm reading Lance's new book - "Lance - the greatest athlete of all time" and he said it was Sheryl Crow's fault they broke up.

It just proves that people mistreat Lance. Alberto is like Sheryl. They don't understand what makes Lance tick. Contador could learn a lot from Crow.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
iceaxe said:
there is something about contador I detest. I hope he tests postive. He does have that overly intense look of a druggy. Regardless, I will boycott next year because I dont want to see Contador win again. People seem to forget the massive genocide the spanish committed in South America.

As opposed to the genocide in USA you mean? That one was OK for some reason?

Edit: sorry folks off topic on the first post, but it was just too damn funny

whiteboytrash said:

Great question for the boys at Versus. :p

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Nastyy said:
Moreau is 38 and finished 8th today. And Poulidor was 40 when he finished 3rd in the last ITT in 1976.

Cheers thanks. You made my day. Go Lance ! Hope he can get 17th on Ventoux. That would make him the 4th 38 old year to finish 17th on Ventoux in the Tour de France ! I'm so proud.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
MKirilenko said:
Well I think its high time to get over the fact that AC is the best rider in the world presently. And its sad ppl disrespect AC because of his great achievements

I respect Contador as the great biker he is,but why cant he at least try to look a bit tired at least..... :D

I like the races more when it is a fight among the best for the podium places,this Tour Contador just crushed the opponents,includin my fav brothers Schleck.
They amazed me with a great performance today but still lost over 2 minutes on Contador.I lift my hat for his performance today,I never thought he would beat a rested Cancellara.Oh Yes! Cancellara lost what yesterday? 45 minutes or? He was more or less waiting for this stage,and still Contador won!

Contador was the strongest rider today,and might be for years to come.

iceaxe said:

you must be the one in some heavy crack to post this kind of sh!it:mad:

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
LargusMeans said:

don't worry lance will be dropped like diarrhea on mount ventoux.

Belokki said:

Surely you saw him create the opening for Frank to bridge over to Andy, Contador and Kloden? You know where he was slow pedaling and looking down--Wiggins almost ran into him? That was the tactical error of the day IMO.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LargusMeans said:

Hold tight. You might get your wish in a couple of days. In today's Versus interview, I think Lance said he wanted to be ahead of FS "by one second" at the end of the day, saying that "Ventoux won't be a problem for me".

Big mouth for somebody that lost 2 min to FS yesterday. We'll see if his legs can cash that check.

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Rob_Roy said:
I respect Contador as the great biker he is,but why cant he at least try to look a bit tired at least..... :D

I like the races more when it is a fight among the best for the podium places,this Tour Contador just crushed the opponents,includin my fav brothers Schleck.
They amazed me with a great performance today but still lost over 2 minutes on Contador.I lift my hat for his performance today,I never thought he would beat a rested Cancellara.Oh Yes! Cancellara lost what yesterday? 45 minutes or? He was more or less waiting for this stage,and still Contador won!

Contador was the strongest rider today,and might be for years to come.

Tired at least? Did you see his mouth when he was finishing? He was exhausted, he went all out.

TRENDING THREADS