• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

O'Grady non-confession-confession confession

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Stingray34 said:
Stuey Mate gets all excited and has to go to a meeting everytime Breaking Bad comes on TV.

ferrari coulda been a good character innit

oh man, you lose the img code when the IPA has a swear filter in it
walter-white6.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Yeah maybe. I read the book but didn't go back to check the timeline. They were good friends, however, and I seem to remember Millar mentioning them partying to all hours of the night.

I guess I am just not believing the story SO is telling, about knowing about noone else's doping.
it was henk, stuey, and millar who got into the blue with hoods in toulouse when they pistol whipped henk and put him in hospital with a cracked skull. uncle roger legeay not happy jan. or gan.

i know of a couple of blues stuey has got into, that reached public record.

that one.
one with cj sutton (when they tag-teamed against anonymous s0ftc0cks) in monaco.
and my favourite, one in del monte AIS taking on Darryn Hill. he was spotting Hill maybe 20kgs. respect Stuey.

like they call redheads in Aus, "bluey", well, Stuey puts the meta into the nickname.

blackcat said:
it was henk, stuey, and millar who got into the blue with hoods in toulouse when they pistol whipped henk and put him in hospital with a cracked skull. uncle roger legeay not happy jan. or gan.

i know of a couple of blues stuey has got into, that reached public record.

that one.
one with cj sutton in monaco.
and my favourite, one in del monte AIS taking on Darryn Hill. he was spotting Hill maybe 20kgs. respect Stuey.

like they call redheads in Aus, "bluey", well, Stuey puts the meta into the nickname.

translation for non english speakers? thanks

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
a "blue" is australian colloquial for fight.

Three 3 fights he has got into that made the public record.

Chris Sutton (the Sky rider, ex Cofidis and somewhere else). He got into a fight in a bar with OGrady against some other folks in Monaco when CJ or Stuey managed to **** someone off. Or get ****ed off and take offense at bar patrons in Monaco. Sutton would be about 5'9 and 145lbs, so he would not be much use to Freckle as a wingman.

At the Australian Institute of Sport in the very early 1990s, he got into a fight with a track sprinter, Darryn Hill, who was around twenty kilos heavier, 40lbs heavier.

hoods = gangsters/criminals

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm sitting down to read some of these comments last night winding down after a day at work and next minute O'Grady's ugly mug pops up on 7pm project. They aren't known for investigative journalism so it's a puff piece. I thought Charlie may have given him a harder time, he's a cyclist and poked a bit of stick at him when O'Grady first confessed.

It's amazing that what was a forced confession at the time is now already turning into a voluntary admission.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/extra/season-5/stuart-o-grady

The only humorous part. Carries's final question "Still love riding, still get on it?"

blackcat said:
a "blue" is australian colloquial for fight.

Three 3 fights he has got into that made the public record.

Chris Sutton the Sky rider, ex Cofidis and somewhere else. He got into a fight in a bar with OGrady in Monaco.

At the Australian Institute of Sport in the very early 1990s, he got into a fight with a track sprinter, Darryn Hill, who was around twenty kilos heavier, 40lbs heavier.

hoods = gangsters/criminals

wow, complete news to me
thanks for the translation ;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sorry, like Henk and Millar in Toulouse, CJ was with and on Stuey's side, they were fighting other people.

In Darryn Hill's case, he actually went the knuckle (fought) against Hill the track sprinter.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
M Sport said:
The only humorous part. Carries's final question "Still love riding, still get on it?"
Gerry will invight him over for the Flemington Spring Carnival.

Melbourne needs to get special imports of their import export from Colombia for October demand.

watch the cache (at the moment) for Jane Hutcheon on One Plus One.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...uart-ogrady/5286838+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

the interview is not showing up on the listed interviews on the ABC One plus One website, but it might be on iView at the moment. (see the date of this post folks)

watching the webcache version, same interview, just they never ripped the vid off their website backdoor,

lots of BS, he has a few go-to talking points and lines to roll out.

heard most of it, but this is 27 mins, and he wriggles a little, not entirely comfortable, it is not a serious interview, its a not much more in-depth than a tabloid interview.

blackcat said:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...uart-ogrady/5286838+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

heard most of it, but this is 27 mins, and he wriggles a little, not entirely comfortable, it is not a serious interview, its a not much more in-depth than a tabloid interview.

I liked it. So grey. Black and white is no good. Soap needs grey. I like Jane.

Poor fella. He played the game. Paid his dues. Gave a hundred percent. Now must squirm for career no. 2. Aint fair.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
blackcat said:
Gerry will invight him over for the Flemington Spring Carnival.

Melbourne needs to get special imports of their import export from Colombia for October demand.

the interview is not showing up on the listed interviews on the ABC One plus One website, but it might be on iView at the moment. (see the date of this post folks)

watching the webcache version, same interview, just they never ripped the vid off their website backdoor,

Thanks for the link.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Kretch said:
I liked it. So grey. Black and white is no good. Soap needs grey. I like Jane.

Poor fella. He played the game. Paid his dues. Gave a hundred percent. Now must squirm for career no. 2. Aint fair.
I am in Stuey's corner to emphasise.

the tabloid media want him prone on the ground and to be a sacrifice to the doping regimen that does not work.

Brad McGee backs up his mate :rolleyes:

http://www.ridemedia.com.au/ride-features/mcgees-reaction-to-ogrady-confession/

RideMedia said:
In his statement it seems that he’s covering his bases by saying he did it for 1998 but the cynic in me says, ‘Well, if he took it before the Tour how is it that stage 14 is the one that’s got the tainted control?’ In other words, even Willy Voet’s arrest – after the Festina team has been booted off the Tour – it’s more than likely that he’s taken an injection during the race.

I wouldn’t know, Rob. I don’t know how that stuff works.”

A lot of people don’t know for certain but, anecdotally from what I’ve been told about EPO and what scientists have published about the way that it’s tested for – ie. it wouldn’t show up unless you’ve taken it three or four days prior.

So, let’s just consider your reaction and your knowledge of his history…

“Okay but the answer to, ‘Was I surprised?’ is: ‘Yes!’ I don’t have to go into why so much but I was surprised that he was involved in EPO.”

Stuey - always - Brad ?

Dazed and Confused said:
McGee's credibility flushed down the toilet overnight.
Good, that will save us time and energy in the debates moving forward.

The date on the interview is 26th July 2013. Brad is a rider that leaves me confused. There is the Toulouse crowd of Aussies with Millar who are on the juice, - no doubt there, but where does Brad fit in ?

This article is based on a phone interview and soon after the news breaks.

If the news was exactly what he expected, we should have read a more polished Omerta response, he would have been preparing for it.

Alternately, Brad may not be the thinking man's rider and just not thought before-hand so this is the best he could do on the day.

Alternately, again, Brad may not be the thinking man's rider and be the clean guy knocking around the edges of the gang, not smart enough to ask the right questions, who they need to have around, so that they can stand beside him when the questions they don't want to answer, come in.

My jury are still out on Brad, I am trying to give him as much time as possible, I would like to believe he is clean. I would like to know what others think.

Freddythefrog said:
The date on the interview is 26th July 2013. Brad is a rider that leaves me confused. There is the Toulouse crowd of Aussies with Millar who are on the juice, - no doubt there, but where does Brad fit in ?

If the news was exactly what he expected, we should have read a more polished Omerta response, he would have been preparing for it.

Alternately, Brad my not be the thinking man's rider and just not thought before-hand so this is the best he could do on the day.

Alternately, again, Brad may not be the thinking man's rider and be the clean guy knocking around the edges of the gang, not smart enough to ask the right questions, who they need to have around, so that they can stand beside him when the questions they don't want to answer, come in.

My jury are still out on Brad, I am trying to give him as much time as possible, I would like to believe he is clean. I would like to know what others think.

The timing could possible play a role in his response.

There is almost nothing in his results which "guarantees" doping imo, but from what we know now, almost everybody juiced at some point to some degree in this period (track 95 - RR 2008). Serious willpower would have been needed to stay on the right side of the fence. He could be clean, but then he is awfully quiet about being cheated for years.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Personally, I wish he had have ridden for USPostal at some stage. He could have had a 6 month holiday, come back for a year or two and slotted straight back into OGE or similar.

His punishment now seems far harsher than any of those guys is going through, given the timeline and SOL facts.

Vaughters gets lauded here as some kind of cycling saviour ffs.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Freddythefrog said:

Alternately, Brad may not be the thinking man's rider and just not thought before-hand so this is the best he could do on the day.

brad would be one of the smartest riders in the (past) peloton.

but, the motif on this board associates doping=bad doping =poor character.

axiomatically, this is not so. 131313 made a point to this, about some riders who do peds, a good people, and some clean riders, give LA a run for his money.

I will keep my opinion to myself on Mcgee, but I reckon he is one of the good guys in the peloton.

I did have some reservations when he went on record about FDJ hiring policity, and them taking no Italian nor Spanish riders. seems this is the common refrain of smearing the eastern euros, and southern euros, it fits the popular narrative. Remi de Gregorio had a fantastic Dauphine or two, during Brad's time at FDJ. And Dave Brailsford was quite bullish on RdG. Don't like poisoning the well wrt Spanish/Italian (and easternEuro) riders, may as well smear the entire peloton.

I reckon Mcgee was the better IP rider out of he and Wigans too. Give BM the same program as Wigans, he would have beaten him in July

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Gotta be the worlds smallest revolt. All known dopers, also at the time of the interview.

A man being cheated for more than a decade? By friends, teams mates. Lied to by managers, DSs etc?

And then this “I wouldn’t know, Rob. I don’t know how that stuff works.”

Hopefully thats not what he tells the talents he trains/coach.
Mcgee was a champion and he could have won in July if Wigans can. this does not mean he rode w/o some help, but if no one was doing anything, he would have ridden Wigans off his wheel, and been somewhere close to Evans.

blackcat said:
Mcgee was a champion and he could have won in July if Wigans can. this does not mean he rode w/o some help, but if no one was doing anything, he would have ridden Wigans off his wheel, and been somewhere close to Evans.

Just to clarify, I don't judge these guys harshly if they went on the juice during the period described. There were too many of them, its meaningless.

But now is the time to present meaningful statements. Statements which can drive the sport in the right direct. McGee isn't helping, on the contrary. McGee has responsibility, not just towards his former team mates.

Anyway, I don't think he's a bad guy.

TRENDING THREADS