• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Oh look...Matschiner talked

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Yup, Matschiner decided to stop playing the "I never trafficked drugs, Kohl is lying" card to actually start telling the truth.

So is he going to name names?
He says a still active former Gerolsteiner rider is also his client. Someone who rode the Tour the past two years.

So it's one of

Förster
Fothen
Haussler
Krauss
Scholz
Wegmann

Given their performances of the past few years, my money's on Wegmann.

EDIT: Matschiner also says Kohl supplied several Gerolsteiner riders with EPO

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:

That sounds right. He is nowhere anymore, so either he confuses racing with Sunday morning group rides or something else is missing from his preparation.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Yup, Matschiner decided to stop playing the "I never trafficked drugs, Kohl is lying" card to actually start telling the truth.

So is he going to name names?
He says a still active former Gerolsteiner rider is also his client. Someone who rode the Tour the past two years.

So it's one of

Förster
Fothen
Haussler
Krauss
Scholz
Wegmann

EDIT: Matschiner also says Kohl supplied several Gerolsteiner riders with EPO

I hate to do this, but I'm guessing Haussler.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
dienekes88 said:
I hate to do this, but I'm guessing Haussler.

I don't understand substantially increased top end/sprint speed TOGETHER with increased threshold power on flats AND on hills in one season for a top pro. Contradictory.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
I don't understand substantially increased top end/sprint speed TOGETHER with increased threshold power on flats AND on hills in one season for a top pro. Contradictory.
not at all.

You have never followed HH's career.

Was a jnr tt champ of Germany, said he was not sure where his career would take him, would he be a classement rider, or a one-day rider, or a field sprinter.

He won a stage of the Vuelta in 2005, when stupid Spaniards had not direction from the team cars, because it was 4 or 3 mean in the move, and the others were Spaniards. No intelligence from the team cars on HH and his speed. They rode him to the finish. And he won the sprint.

In 2007 he blew the doors off Boonen in a field sprint in Dauphine. Showed he had the speed. Graeme Brown gave him a great leadout however.

This year, at Paris Nice, on the slight uphill field sprint, he blew the doors off everyone.

I thought he passed Boonen, and Bennati in speed this year. And the only one who rivals Cavendish was Chicchi, and perhaps Petacchi at his absolute doped best. I think Haussler's speed, is far and a way superior to Hushovd, and only Cav is faster. He is with Chicchi and Petacchi.

Haussler always had that speed.

And the strength, see the classics in 2006, quite a debut by a 21 yo.

Just comes from pure ignorance about a rider.

On the doped front. No different. The reason Valverde and Cunego can unleash powerful sprints, is cos they are mega charged. Just like Cav can sprint for 300 metres, like Cipo could at his best, when Cav would have been dropped like a hot rock if he was clean. Doping just lifts all levels a few tiers.

HH is not surprising for me. Great rider. But not clean, the same as the other guys.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
I would say the entire damn squad of Gerolsteiner was charged. Like the others.

LOL, but you have just taken great pride in making various distinctions about Haussler. :D Cognitive dissonance, I would say, the imprimatur of undifferentiated cynicism. Have your cake and eat it too.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
you have 6 atheletes; one who may have been a client, all are suspect on the word of a man charged with a crime- and the word does not come from that man, it comes from where, a leaked report ?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Sven Krauss never got a pro contract with another team after Gerolsteiner went under, maybe him? I'm not sure if it is possible for Hans-Michale Holczer can claim innocence either.

craig1985 said:
Sven Krauss never got a pro contract with another team after Gerolsteiner went under, maybe him? I'm not sure if it is possible for Hans-Michale Holczer can claim innocence either.

Krauss used to fight for laterne rouge, I think this was the main reason why he didn't get a contract:) Number of ggod riders didn't get a contract last year...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Parrot23 said:
LOL, but you have just taken great pride in making various distinctions about Haussler. :D Cognitive dissonance, I would say, the imprimatur of undifferentiated cynicism. Have your cake and eat it too.
no, never were. I never made a statement on HH's status (charged or not).

I just recorded his previous history, and record as a rider. I never said he was clean, nor charged. There was no cognitive dissonance. Go back and read what I said Parrot23.

I have always attempted to refute misconceptions with some knowledge of the peloton of the past ten years.

1. Contador could not tt. Incorrect.

2. Contador v Wiggins. Contador's tt history, is superior to Wiggins. Check Wiggins results in u23 chrono worlds. Showed no predisposition.

3. Wiggins on track. Wiggins has about 6 riders ahead of him, on a pursuit time versus age comparison. Thomas, Phinney, Sergent, Gough, Bobridge, Meyer. Mcgee was less weight, and about the same time as his pursuit pb, (4.16) and had a better road palmares. Weighed about 71 at his lowest, but never went uphill vertical. Phinney, Sergent and Gough, are the only riders, who weigh more.

I do attempt to fill out the lack of knowledge, and background my opinions, especially when fingering riders for suspicious performances.

TRENDING THREADS