• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

OMG. New Site is Lame!!!!

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Where are the photos? the detailed live reports? the links are incorrect, the caption to the photos are incorrect? I've never seen such a disaster.
I'm out of here.:confused:

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
just awful

Shockingly bad changes. Worse than Bikeradar.com, which it seems to be modeled after. I've certainly been visiting the site less.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Breizgil said:
Where are the photos? the detailed live reports? the links are incorrect, the caption to the photos are incorrect? I've never seen such a disaster.
I'm out of here.:confused:

You are missing the point. The new site is about trying to be fashionable and flashy, up-to-date if you will. Ignore the content. Bling bling is the order of the day. (And ad content).

Try dailypeleton.com, not as detailed as the old site, but more enjoyable than the new one.

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Bike Radar, CN - its all one mafioso group these days.
The new site and format is hopeless - today FORUM was missing from the top titles and I had to scroll down ages to find it.

This to me is like some IT freak trying to justify his wages - if it works dont mess with it. This no longer reads like something for Cyclists by Cyclists.

No pleasure at all first thing in the mornings.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I am leaving as well.....

This sucks, the old way(text) was so compact, now is just bunch of tiny thumbnails that is just hard to figure where everything is... This used to be such a cool site design, now, no more. So many Clicks, so much time wasted to get to where you are....

nuf time wasted, let me know when things get better here, I am going else where.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What a shame. O.K. so change the organization of the website to suit your needs but why destroy it in the process of doing so.

The new results format drops so much information it is useless. Have you also done away with the competent writers that used to compose the reports?

Time is passing without constructive changes being integrated. How can you continue to ignore the dissatisfaction of loyal users? I am near to abandoning use of a site that was formally at the top of everyone's list.