• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Omqs

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Sylvain Chavanel hasnt been off the tv screen in 2013. I,m getting sick of seeing his face leading the races. Paris-Nice, Milan San Remo......whats goin on ? is this 'normal' ???

No. Wasn't normal last year when he was suddenly top 5 in chronos in GT's. Wasn't normal that Boonen was back to his old self either. Chavanel was also one of the few to jump off the front of the Sky train during the Tour. It's hard to swallow with Chavanel because his image is better than other guys. Thought to be cleaner.

Then again we all know who joined OPQS from Lotto last year don't we? Another well known doping genius. The guy behind Gilbert in 2011. Won't take many guesses to figure out who made the real difference in 2012 and 2013 in that team. Wasn't the riders.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Isn't this what Chavanel is doing for the last ten years? Win a stage here and there. Get hyped by the french and belgian press, talk about the big win in P-N or a monument which is gonna come this year for sure, give it a go and then fail to live up to the expectations?

That sounds like a pretty classic Chavanel-spring to me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Sylvain Chavanel hasnt been off the tv screen in 2013. I,m getting sick of seeing his face leading the races. Paris-Nice, Milan San Remo......whats goin on ? is this 'normal' ???
Apparently, Sylvain is sick of your constant ranting. And yet somehow the world keeps turning...

Roderick said:
Isn't this what Chavanel is doing for the last ten years? Win a stage here and there. Get hyped by the french and belgian press, talk about the big win in P-N or a monument which is gonna come this year for sure, give it a go and then fail to live up to the expectations?

That sounds like a pretty classic Chavanel-spring to me

Get back to me when you can start a Spring Classic with total confidence in your podium finish. The list of riders with the potential and a string of almost-did-great is really, really long.

If we are to believe JV1973's claims about how much doping is happening in the elite peloton, that Chavanel's profile as a consistent with a clean rider based on the consistency of his performances and long, varied, schedule.

Is he clean? Who knows. I will be disappointed but not surprised to eventually hear he was doping.

Jens again

Galic Ho said:
No. Wasn't normal last year when he was suddenly top 5 in chronos in GT's. Wasn't normal that Boonen was back to his old self either. Chavanel was also one of the few to jump off the front of the Sky train during the Tour..

Compared to some other riders who peaked early, I’ve reached maturity as a rider quite late and I only started to discover these races quite late. So I’m still hopeful and I’ll try to do the best I can.”
Starting from this week, when Chavanel heads north to begin his cobbled classics campaign. “I need to recover because even though the race was shortened, it was very tough, like riding through ice and that can have a big muscular effect,” he said. “Still, I should be at Waregem on Wednesday. But Harelbeke is more important for me.”

I think we have another Jens. :rolleyes: