• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

On Sunday, I'm racing a half marathon whilst juggling.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
So yeah, wish me luck. Never tried anything like this before. Will naturally be wearing some sort of clown outfit to complete the image.

Hopefully going to go under 1:40, very hard to tell what I'll do though as I just got back from 2 months injury last week....and have barely practised this running whilst juggling thing.

World record is 1:23:46, now there's a record I could reasonably aspire to!

Ibanez said:
So yeah, wish me luck. Never tried anything like this before. Will naturally be wearing some sort of clown outfit to complete the image.

Hopefully going to go under 1:40, very hard to tell what I'll do though as I just got back from 2 months injury last week....and have barely practised this running whilst juggling thing.

World record is 1:23:46, now there's a record I could reasonably aspire to!

Will there be a live feed?

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Sadly not.. I will however post a photo or two.

Im doing it for charity also.....but I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to a charity page?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Ibanez said:
Sadly not.. I will however post a photo or two.

Im doing it for charity also.....but I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to a charity page?
I don't see why not. You're a solid contributor to the board and it relates to the spirit of the board.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Will there be a live feed?

If there is a video feed, hopefully it will be in English. I would hate to have to deal with the delay from the Eurosport audio.

Hopefully it will not preempt the LBL coverage, else those that have their priorities out of whack would throw a hissy fit.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Well I did it, didn't care about the time I was enjoying the crowd too much to bother with anything above a jog so I cruised round with my friend, also a clown, in 1:53.

Great day, the reaction from the crowds was terrific and I got a lot of compliments from other runners, some of whom were despairing a bit as they got passed by a pair of clowns, one of which was juggling. Dropped 10 times over the 13 miles, half of which werent my fault so cant be too ashamed with that!

As promised, some pics:

mara4.jpg

mara3.jpg

mara2.jpg

mara1.jpg