• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

On the fly saddle height adjustment

May 23, 2011
Visit site
wtfpost.jpg

Basso's seatpost allows 1 mm adjustments by twisting the seatpost.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I could see some bike shop having one to nail down the height for a customer but on a Pro riders bike? Anyone still trying to figure that out has issues.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
I could see some bike shop having one to nail down the height for a customer but on a Pro riders bike? Anyone still trying to figure that out has issues.

Read the CN story dude. Special case for Basso's riding styles

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yep - but he also rode some races with a spanner in his pocket. There is video footage of him somewhere - dont have time to google it - riding his bike while lowering his saddle for a descent.

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Old school MTB tech, the Hite Rite. Whatever happened to those things? They were simple and cheap. Now there are seat post droppers that cost several hundred bucks.

com28.jpg

Damiano Machiavelli said:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-iH32pSG0gZU/Tg8ONmYlFUI/AAAAAAAAC_0/auTB351fRd8/s400/wtfpost.jpg

Basso's seatpost allows 1 mm adjustments by twisting the seatpost.
That's a great idea! I've been wanting something like that for years. I want one.

I'm one of those guys with a slightly dodgy back who's always adjusting his saddle height. On good days I can have it a little higher, and on bad days, when my hammies and lower back are a bit tight, I've gotta drop it a few mm. Unfortunately, I often can't tell what sort of 'back day' I'm having until I'm thoroughly warmed or when the 'hammer' has dropped in a race or fast group ride.

When I've got the height wrong in races, I've even resorted to adjusting the tilt while in the bunch, to effectively raise or lower saddle a few mm. This is much harder than you think...and probabably dangerous. :p

Yes, I stretch, etc, but even so, my back seems to do as it pleases. Maybe it's how I sleep.

TRENDING THREADS