• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys.
I recently opened youtube channel, where I will post videos about my trips. I live in Ukraine, and I think for most of you it is a rather unknown country, but I will try to show it with my own eyes from the point of view of a cyclist.
I live in Kharkiv, the second largest city (approximately 1.5 million of citizens) and it is quite a diverse region.
We have a lot of beautiful places, but there are also a total ghetto places with alcoholics and additcs. I'll try to show you both sides.

Weirdly enough, I did have a Tour of Ukraine ready for the Race Design Thread, and did a Kyiv World Championships route.

I think if I remember rightly I had a Kharkiv circuit race on stage 1, but looks like I was looking at the opposite side of the city to you, with it consisting of a longer circuit with (please forgive me if I use wrong terms here, I can speak a decent amount of Russian but I don't know Ukrainian and I know it's a touchy subject) a climb over in Shyshkivka Rayon, and a shorter one with a climb of Om'ska Vulitsya. The main decisive stages were intended to be courses with cobbled hills around Poltava and Mohyliv-Podil's'kyi I believe.

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
Weirdly enough, I did have a Tour of Ukraine ready for the Race Design Thread, and did a Kyiv World Championships route.

I think if I remember rightly I had a Kharkiv circuit race on stage 1, but looks like I was looking at the opposite side of the city to you, with it consisting of a longer circuit with (please forgive me if I use wrong terms here, I can speak a decent amount of Russian but I don't know Ukrainian and I know it's a touchy subject) a climb over in Shyshkivka Rayon, and a shorter one with a climb of Om'ska Vulitsya. The main decisive stages were intended to be courses with cobbled hills around Poltava and Mohyliv-Podil's'kyi I believe.

Hi, so you travelled in Ukraine a lot :) I'm surprised a bit!
Russian language is not a problem for me (despite I'm ukrainian language speaker), because ~50% of people in Ukraine speaks russian and it is not a problem at all, but what is the problem - people who live in Ukraine, but hate it and love Russia at the same moment. But ok, it is not a main subject here, just want to let you know - feel free to speek and/or write in russian.

Regarding race, I'm not familiar with racing championship, but I know that streets which you mentioned above. Shyshkivka - it is a street I caught at 1:10 in the video, maybe you didn't recognize it, because of speed of the video. I think it is one of the most difficult uphill in the city. Regarding Omska - it is quite ghetto street, I was lost in that area one time and roads are pretty sh*t there! I'm surprised to hear about racing over that streets!

Btw, can I ask you, from country are you?

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
My ride in the forrest at the end of this summer. I went without reconnaissance, just followed maps.me and it f*cked me, but thanks to this my offroad ride turned out cool adventure. I met two drug addicts in the forest, a couple of wild animals, I had to go through a field with high grass up to the waist, pass through the thorny bushes. In addition to everything, I fell off from the bike on the downhill. I put it here without cuts (almost) , but you can check timecodes for the most interesting moments, so you will not be boring.

Btw, youtube cut the quality too much, I don't understand why (yesterday it was better), so please, check the highest available quality (at least 1080p60).

View: https://youtu.be/FYydSU8vSwI

TRENDING THREADS