• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

One Time

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
This is the one and only time I will ever post to this forum. (Let your imaginations run wild)

First off, Pro's are human beings just like you. The only difference between a Pro and You is the fact that no one really cares what the hell You do all day long, just don't muck it up and everything's cool. We all go to work everyday and do our thing. A Pro is in front of an INTERNATIONAL audience.

ALL PROS ARE 'GOOD' FOR BIG RACES

They cannot survive your expectation without it. Look at the sentence above. I know you guys have fun with what you write here and that's cool, but let this sit in the back of your mind: What are you really proving? Tomorrow, get your fat *** up 2 hours before you do whatever you do for a living and ride your bike. Accept that inconvenience of your alarm early in the morning. Leave your garage or home when then sun is rising. Embrace OUR sport and stop having a **** at it. Cheers to you at the crack-*** of dawn.

A Cyclist

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
disagree, my highlight to last year, or was it 2007, when Casar won a breakaway. Heck, that was probably my highlight, for the Tour in my viewing experience.

Musta been 07, Boogy was in the move, and he retired in 2007

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Fredke said:
This is the one and only time I will ever post to this forum. (Let your imaginations run wild)

First off, Pro's are human beings just like you. The only difference between a Pro and You is the fact that no one really cares what the hell You do all day long, just don't muck it up and everything's cool. We all go to work everyday and do our thing. A Pro is in front of an INTERNATIONAL audience.

They cannot survive your expectation without it. Look at the sentence above. I know you guys have fun with what you write here and that's cool, but let this sit in the back of your mind: What are you really proving? Tomorrow, get your fat *** up 2 hours before you do whatever you do for a living and ride your bike. Accept that inconvenience of your alarm early in the morning. Leave your garage or home when then sun is rising. Embrace OUR sport and stop having a **** at it. Cheers to you at the crack-*** of dawn.

A Cyclist

Hell, I don't know who you are, nor do I really care. For all I know you may be a well known rider who I have respect for as a cyclist, but that doesn't mean I have to subscribe to your view.

Does it get cold up their on your pedestal. you really think that what you do is important but what other people do isn't.

Let me get this right. You ride how many times a year, lets say 46 weeks worth, you take 6 weeks off at some stage. At times you will ride for 8 hours in a day, but not every day, week in, week out, so maybe 25-30 hours/week Mostly you are not on television, so I don't where the bit about international audience came from. Maybe you are riding the Tour, maybe not. If not, I am not sure how many other international audiences there are. And people really care about what you do. I think not in the grand scheme of things.

And the worst you get is a forum like this where half the talk is singled minded and repetitive.

I am a doctor. I work 50 weeks of the year, am lucky if I get to take 2 weeks off. I work 60-70 hours /week and if I f#ck up then somebody else dies. My threshold doesnt drop off a bit, my form doesn't suffer - someone dies. I am not on television, nor do I have an international audience, but to a few people it matters what I do. If I am lucky, I get to ride my bike and chill out for an hour or two, enjoying it grass-roots level.

So tell me again how important you are!!!

This forum is to discuss doping, not random trolls. It's amazing how people who troll those who contribute to this forum feel the need to do so, whilst at the same time projecting themselves as the polar opposite. The logic doesn't sit.

Fredke said:
... Tomorrow, get your fat *** up 2 hours before you do whatever you do for a living and ride your bike. Accept that inconvenience of your alarm early in the morning. Leave your garage or home when then sun is rising. Embrace OUR sport and stop having a **** at it. Cheers to you at the crack-*** of dawn.

A Cyclist
What makes you think that some people in this Forum is not already doing that?

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
davidg said:
Hell, I don't know who you are, nor do I really care. For all I know you may be a well known rider who I have respect for as a cyclist, but that doesn't mean I have to subscribe to your view.

Does it get cold up their on your pedestal. you really think that what you do is important but what other people do isn't.

Let me get this right. You ride how many times a year, lets say 46 weeks worth, you take 6 weeks off at some stage. At times you will ride for 8 hours in a day, but not every day, week in, week out, so maybe 25-30 hours/week Mostly you are not on television, so I don't where the bit about international audience came from. Maybe you are riding the Tour, maybe not. If not, I am not sure how many other international audiences there are. And people really care about what you do. I think not in the grand scheme of things.

And the worst you get is a forum like this where half the talk is singled minded and repetitive.

I am a doctor. I work 50 weeks of the year, am lucky if I get to take 2 weeks off. I work 60-70 hours /week and if I f#ck up then somebody else dies. My threshold doesnt drop off a bit, my form doesn't suffer - someone dies. I am not on television, nor do I have an international audience, but to a few people it matters what I do. If I am lucky, I get to ride my bike and chill out for an hour or two, enjoying it grass-roots level.

So tell me again how important you are!!!

Good post. I love when people forget that pro sports are part of the entertainment industry. From some people's attitudes, you'd think we're talking about combat soldiers.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Fredke said:
get your fat *** up 2 hours before you do whatever you do for a living and ride your bike. Accept that inconvenience of your alarm early in the morning. Leave your garage or home when then sun is rising.

Well, when the sun barely rises above the horizon and its -10 with 18 hours of darkness, and I hop on my bike to head out for my hour commute to work I'll be remembering how much cooler you are than me. Oh, wait I said commute and not race - once again not as cool as you.

Glad this is your last post cause you are a douche.

This should be put in the general thread let alone the garbage pile.

Fredke said:

A Cyclist

I think somebody sat in the autobus and now needs a hug.

Your problem was probably that you only were "good" when you have to be "great" to play with the big boys.

blackcat said:
disagree, my highlight to last year, or was it 2007, when Casar won a breakaway. Heck, that was probably my highlight, for the Tour in my viewing experience.
In those parameters, mine is 1992 when Gilles Delion broke away on Stage 7 with brilliant timing. Shame his career got cut short the way it did.

As to the OP. I'm not sure I get the point of his complaint? It seems to me he could have read quite a few more threads here before making such a post.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
It looks like a troll. Still, his post may come close to articulating what many pro riders feel. They dearly want people to stop talking about doping and concentrate on the effort they're putting into the races. Which is not going to happen, ofcourse.

What I read on this forum is mostly people speculating about what is actually happening - about facts. If that is "taking a ****" at the sport, the sport is in serious trouble.

TRENDING THREADS