• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

online streaming of pro races - the faq

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
i am used to eurosport coverage in europe, but now i live in the us. as the classics season is just about to get going for real i am trying to find out a way to see all the pro cycling online. i am willing to pay to get good quality, live coverage, but so far it seems difficult to locate a credible site. i thought we could collect some knowledge on this topic in this theead.

Ill start:

cycling.tv

claims to offer coverage of nearly all the good races. costs are around 10 usd per month. i would gladly pay this- it would my perfect alternative if it was not for:

website is not updated properly since 2010. unclear which races will be covered in 2013. the website is in the stone age and only uses flash (i use an ipad). the face book page has some unhappy customers claiming there is little live coverage.

does anyone have any experience?

cyclingfans.com

looks like they are offering free races, but all the commercials/ads make it a little credible alternative. any experience?

hope someone has some previous experience to guide the forumites to good streaming cyclng action for 2013.

L

Just come here. There are always links to streams in the race threads. :)

Alternatively, use cyclingfans, steephill.tv, procyclinglive or the like. They compile streams from various sources (and in a variety of languages). I used cycling.tv years ago but found that they didn't get all of the races and the tech left something to be desired.

Eventually I realized I could find a stream for pretty much any race that had one using sites like the ones above and going to forums like this one. And if for some reason you can only find a geo-restricted feed, you can use a proxy.

ipanema said:
cyclingfans.com

looks like they are offering free races, but all the commercials/ads make it a little credible alternative. any experience?

hope someone has some previous experience to guide the forumites to good streaming cyclng action for 2013.

L

Cyclingfans.com is not a primary source for coverage. They do a very good job of providing links to various available streams that people put up. You can find the same streams on a lot of various sites. Cyclingfans.com are usually very good at updating links if they are shut down during the race etc. If any site has too many ads then just install AdBlock or something similar. If you are referring to commercial breaks during the races then that's because the streams are taken from various TV stations so it's their commercials.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I go through steephill with the coverages of the main TV stations and then go there through a VPN set up if they are geolocalized.

For classics RTBF (Belgian french TV) is quite good, a lot of races covered, but you will probably need a VPN.

Eurosport offers a subscription service which I use. Did you give it a shot? If blocked in the US, go through VPN, if you still have a European credit card, this will work fine.

My experience with cycling.tv (from about 5 - 6 years ago) is that they didn't have many races. Also good luck trying to unsubscribe without getting your bank involved

The links provided by cyclingfans work well for me. Better in Chrome than IE. The popup ads tend to disappear if you maximize the screen

Eyeballs Out said:
My experience with cycling.tv (from about 5 - 6 years ago) is that they didn't have many races. Also good luck trying to unsubscribe without getting your bank involved

The links provided by cyclingfans work well for me. Better in Chrome than IE. The popup ads tend to disappear if you maximize the screen

United States (2013)

Tour Down Under (Highlights)
Tour of Oman (Highlights)
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad LIVE
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne LIVE
Roma Maxima (Recap)
Strade Bianche (Recap)
Paris-Nice LIVE
Tirreno - Adriatico (Recap)
Milan Sanremo (Recap)
Volta Ciclista a Catalunya LIVE
Dwars Door Vlaanderen LIVE
Critérium International (Highlights)
Gent Wevelgem (Recap)
Tour of Flanders (Recap)
Scheldeprijs LIVE
Paris-Roubaix (Highlights)
Brabanste Pijl (Recap)
Amstel Gold (Recap)
Fleche Wallone LIVE
Liege-Bastogne-Liege LIVE
Tour de Romandie (Recap)
Eschborn Frankfurt LIVE
Giro d'Italia (Recap)
Criterium du Dauphine LIVE
Tour de Suisse (Recap)
Tour de France (Recap)
The Larry H.Miller Tour of Utah (Highlights)
World Ports Classic LIVE
Paris-Brussels (Recap)
Grand Prix Cycliste Québec (Recap)
Grand Prix Cycliste Montréal (Recap)
Giro Lombardia (Recap)
Paris-Tours (Highlights)
Tour of Beijing LIVE

TRENDING THREADS