• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Open letter to dopers.

We, the fans of cycling, are not idiots, and we are tired of being treated as such.
With that in mind I would just like to ask you guys to quit insulting our intelligence. To whit: when you are caught, either by an unexpected out of comp. test that you couldn't avoid, or a new test that your Doc didn't think was ready yet, or your DNA somewhere that it shouldn't be, or drugs in your trunk or baggage, or transactions on your credit card, please take one of two courses. If you want to retire and are sick of the whole charade then talk. Give names give specifics, give up the whole sordid game. If you want to do your time and come back to racing then just STFU. We don't want to hear about your twin or that you were only "thinking of doping" or the whiskey that you drank, or that you tried it just the one time, or the French that are out to get you, or your father, grandmother, dog, teammate, steak, whatever. We are not that stupid.
Thanks.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
In fairness, these absurd strories and hystrionics are not meant for us.

They are meant for the PT Barnum crowd.

There's one born every minute.

Dave.

Most Tested On the Planet . . . not likely . . . 22 Tests (see USADA results)!

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm absolutely confident that young riders looking at their career future will now proudly choose honesty, losing, and let's face it - being called a no-hoper who can't keep up by the CN forum - over a big salary, fame and a small chance of getting caught.

And to stay on topic more accurately, they'll ignore the very real chance of denial working very well even when caught.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
In fairness, these absurd strories and hystrionics are not meant for us.

They are meant for the PT Barnum crowd.

There's one born every minute.

Dave.

True. They are meant for the Livestrong yellow band wearers.

Hugh Januss said:
We, the fans of cycling, are not idiots..We are not that stupid.

Speak for yourself! I was hoping Basso would win the Giro this year, and would regain the elite climbing form that he had as an extra-terrestrial. I enjoyed the return of Vino, even though the way he won classics and TDF stages showed he is at the same level as he was pre-suspension. I find myself hoping Contador can get off, though I suspect the CB got in his system through blood doping, and even if it didn't, we all know a nobody would get two years for this positive. I even feel some warmth for Floyd.

Alas, some of us are idiots.

sartain said:
Sorry, see my previous thread from a few months ago:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=9953

Thanks!

You can figure out the 'minimum' tests by his placings in various UCI sanctioned events. For example, Yellow, Polka Dot + top three in any TdF stage has been the norm.

The number is below 100, including the USADA reported tests.

Edit to add: ...read the thread, and not just the first post... numbers are good. Appreciate the corroboration as well.

Dave.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Thanks!

You can figure out the 'minimum' tests by his placings in various UCI sanctioned events. For example, Yellow, Polka Dot + top three in any TdF stage has been the norm.

The number is below 100, including the USADA reported tests.

Edit to add: ...read the thread, and not just the first post... numbers are good. Appreciate the corroboration as well.

Dave.

The talking point in all of this is how brainwashed - thanks to the scum-balls at PS and LA's inner team - the general public is about how little he has actually been tested compared to the "most test person on the planet hyperbole they spew at every opportunity. Say something enough times and people believe it. These will be the people that get to decide his fate in a trial . . . fat, dumb and happy.

Hugh Januss said:
We, the fans of cycling, are not idiots, and we are tired of being treated as such.
With that in mind I would just like to ask you guys to quit insulting our intelligence. To whit: when you are caught, either by an unexpected out of comp. test that you couldn't avoid, or a new test that your Doc didn't think was ready yet, or your DNA somewhere that it shouldn't be, or drugs in your trunk or baggage, or transactions on your credit card, please take one of two courses. If you want to retire and are sick of the whole charade then talk. Give names give specifics, give up the whole sordid game. If you want to do your time and come back to racing then just STFU. We don't want to hear about your twin or that you were only "thinking of doping" or the whiskey that you drank, or that you tried it just the one time, or the French that are out to get you, or your father, grandmother, dog, teammate, steak, whatever. We are not that stupid.
Thanks.
+1

Now, least expected, a threat by Contador to retire if he is punished by the Clenbuterol positive. Please retire. I could care less if we have one less doper in the pro-peoloton. I don't care who you are but if you want to feel man enough then talk.

sartain said:
The talking point in all of this is how brainwashed - thanks to the scum-balls at PS and LA's inner team - the general public is about how little he has actually been tested compared to the "most test person on the planet hyperbole they spew at every opportunity. Say something enough times and people believe it. These will be the people that get to decide his fate in a trial . . . fat, dumb and happy.

Agreed.

Dave.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
sartain said:

Didn't good ol' Adolf have something insightful to say about propaganda? Something about 'the bigger the lie, the more it's likely to be believed...'. Certainly not a fan of the goose-stepping midget, but he had it down when it came to propaganda and social manipulation. I bet Fabiani has Mein Kampf memorized...

STFU etal

Hugh for President of the Whole F*ing Universe.

Way to go - had to be said given all the dorks on these forums and blogs who "intellectualize" about doping like an anally retentive Lance Armstrong vulgarian. ;)

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Thanks.

P.S. Maybe try racing without doping...just a thought.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Thanks.

You may get a few cyclists that will read this who are CNF stalkers! Anyway, A letter I agree with.

TRENDING THREADS