• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

OPL and BMC

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Franklin said:
1 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto 4:41:31
2 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:03

How about a cynical coincidence. :eek:

it isn't even funny.

really, i wouldn't be surprised to see a top 15 by gilbert, and in the next year who knows?

about cadel.. it's funny how everyone talks about the juice in radioshack (witch is true) but they forget evans.

he will be dominating liege at 78 if he's smart enough.

------------------------------

weak--medium riders at lotto suddenly becoming strong as oxxes, really...

and now CN article about him being the trully imbatido and that valverde is just a doping joke.--disgusting article.

at least he knows who's going to dominate these finishes in the future...

Franklin said:

how about gilbert having time to kiss the title sponsor (a drug company) on his jersey as he crosses the finish line, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Franklin said:

Or how about, the best rider in the world at this kind of finish, beating a guy who won the GC of a race predicated on this kind of finish?

Before there were any of the busts or rumours or anything, people said Gilbert would win. Some also mentioned Evans as a potential threat (I have to say I wasn't convinced it was hard enough for Evans but he'd be a big threat on Mur-de-Brétagne). So it's not like it's a big shock.

Libertine Seguros said:
Or how about, the best rider in the world at this kind of finish, beating a guy who won the GC of a race predicated on this kind of finish?

Before there were any of the busts or rumours or anything, people said Gilbert would win. Some also mentioned Evans as a potential threat (I have to say I wasn't convinced it was hard enough for Evans but he'd be a big threat on Mur-de-Brétagne). So it's not like it's a big shock.

he wasn't saying it was a shock, just a funny coincidence based upon recent news stories. see below...

Definition of COINCIDENCE
1 : the act or condition of coinciding : correspondence
2 : the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Stupid Thread

I try to ignore the dumb ish, but I thought this thread was going to have intelligent subject matter and comments. Ridiculous.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
LOL!? pls admins close this nonsense thread. Have you seen gilbert in the ardennes and have you seen evans in fleche walloone or TA. This was totally expected for most of us who watch cycling all year long. Not like some fans who only watch it in july:rolleyes:

May 26, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
LOL!? pls admins close this nonsense thread. Have you seen gilbert in the ardennes and have you seen evans in fleche walloone or TA. This was totally expected for most of us who watch cycling all year long. Not like some fans who only watch it in july:rolleyes:

I'm glad you guys just draw conclusions without an effort to check my posting habits :rolleyes: I guess it's par for the clinic.

Back on topic. Of course this is a coincidence... not only is the BMC case two years ago, even then it would be too much to think OPL and BMC are ahead in the arms race.

It was just what I said it was: a cynical coincidence. And yes, I think it is funny ;)

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
lean said:
how about gilbert having time to kiss the title sponsor (a drug company) on his jersey as he crosses the finish line, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Might want to take a look at the products made by OP. I would be more concerned by staff members bringing horse medications from Aus.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I got suspicious of Gilbert when I saw his hair was bleached. Wasn't that a trick that the Festina team all tried to use to eliminate the possibility of the drug testers being able to detect doping from hair samples?

Indurain said:
I got suspicious of Gilbert when I saw his hair was bleached. Wasn't that a trick that the Festina team all tried to use to eliminate the possibility of the drug testers being able to detect doping from hair samples?

Plus it looks stupid. Not quite as stupid as mullets but stupid just the same.

Indurain said:
Their hair tests turned out positive, so no. That's something Festina did because they wanted everyone to look at them, as they were sure they were going to rip everything apart.

It's been discussed in another thread - either the Gilbert one or the Lotto bust one.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Their hair tests turned out positive, so no. That's something Festina did because they wanted everyone to look at them, as they were sure they were going to rip everything apart.

It's been discussed in another thread - either the Gilbert one or the Lotto bust one.

sorry hrotha, but why do you have a rebellin avatar? if i am not mistaken, i read somewhere that you hate the guy.

great cylist BTW. i hope he signs for RS. their average age per rider is ridiculous..at least rebellin will make that go down a little.

mark my words, in the future this guy will shine.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Indurain said:

That and how short it is has been cut, you can't test on hair less than 10mm in length. Bleaching alone won't 'wash' the hair core but there are a couple of products that will.

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
M Sport said:
That and how short it is has been cut, you can't test on hair less than 10mm in length. Bleaching alone won't 'wash' the hair core but there are a couple of products that will.

Have a look at a few photos of when he takes his helmet off - his hair is certainly more than 10mm in length, even when he first appeared with the new styling.

TRENDING THREADS