• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can anyone give me the torque value for the Orbea Onix seat tube binder bolt. Experiencing some squeaks that I think are coming from that area and I intend to use white grease and some torque...:eek:
Thank you,
DC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
darkcloud said:
Can anyone give me the torque value for the Orbea Onix seat tube binder bolt. Experiencing some squeaks that I think are coming from that area and I intend to use white grease and some torque...:eek:
Thank you,
DC

you shouldn't use grease on carbon.You can get carbon assembly paste.Slightly roughing up the surface of the seatpin can help to stop the seat pin from moving.

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
darkcloud said:
Thank you for that. I will not use the white grease. Not much of a mechanic so I had no idea.

Don't worry its only a fairly recent addition to the toolkit after dry seatpost were seizing & greasy seatpost were slipping.
Finishline make a big tub of the stuff , either ask your friendly bike shop for a small bag out of there workshop tub for a few dollars or i'm pretty sure Ritchey , FSA & the like make little tubes. Whatever you do don't use it on your bearings by mistake :D