• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Over a million gallons of crude oil a week...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
pouring out of the gusher.

This disaster will dwarf all other oil spills combined and will take generations to clean up.

BP drilled in 5,000 feet of water, down 30,000 feet into the earths crust. Other than the feedback BP got from the Russians, who have the deepest 40,000' well, they had no idea how powerful the pressure would be. When the drill penetrated into this massive "pressure cooker," the well systems values all blew from literally a volcanic eruption. So called "experts" seem to be in agreement that this gusher may not be capped. Nuclear intervention is being considered. This is serious stuff, here.

Until one watches this new video, one has little comprehension of how vast and catastrophic this Event is. And it's not just the creatures and the humans in this region that are in trouble.

Here is an observer's report flying over the Gulf.

If you live anywhere in that region on the coast, let us know what you see.

Robert Merivel said:

This disaster will dwarf all other oil spills combined and will take generations to clean up.

BP drilled in 5,000 feet of water, down 30,000 feet into the earths crust. Other than the feedback BP got from the Russians, who have the deepest 40,000' well, they had no idea how powerful the pressure would be. When the drill penetrated into this massive "pressure cooker," the well systems values all blew from literally a volcanic eruption. So called "experts" seem to be in agreement that this gusher may not be capped. Nuclear intervention is being considered. This is serious stuff, here.

Until one watches this new video, one has little comprehension of how vast and catastrophic this Event is. And it's not just the creatures and the humans in this region that are in trouble.

Not sure where you've been, and I don't want to know, but that is being (and has been) discussed over on the Obama/General Politics thread.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
America doesn't care. Drill, baby, drill. Idiocracy in action.

Now BP won't even show the underwater videos. Guess they're afraid people will freak out when they see the truth.

Great work. Drilled right out into an oil reserve and spilled it in the ocean. Morons.

yes americans are generally stupid and greedy particularly the 1% who feel for some reason they need more money. it sucks for the rest of us like myself who simply ride the waves of bull**** which is american society. fubar

This is all BP has released so far.

ht_Oil_Pipe_100512_mn.jpg

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Robert Merivel said:

Wow I have no idea where to begin.

I have no idea what well you’re talking about which “Russians” drilled to 40thousand maybe it is a land based rig in Sakhalin? But the operators “Transocean” hold the record for deepwater drilling, so you may want to check those numbers you’re coming up with.

No valves blew from any volcanic activity. What are you talking about?

Nuclear intervention? WTF?

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
This is all BP has released so far.

ht_Oil_Pipe_100512_mn.jpg

I am not sure what news your watching but they have released more than that picture. In fact they are releasing something (hydrocarbons) every second. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
Wow I have no idea where to begin.

I have no idea what well you’re talking about which “Russians” drilled to 40thousand maybe it is a land based rig in Sakhalin? But the operators “Transocean” hold the record for deepwater drilling, so you may want to check those numbers you’re coming up with.

No valves blew from any volcanic activity. What are you talking about?

Nuclear intervention? WTF?

If you have no idea where to begin, that would mean you have no idea. If you have no idea, what are you trying to say?

Russian's drilled on land. 40,000 foot well. You might not find that on Google.

Did I say "Lava?" 2,000,000 pounds per square foot of "volcanic-like" pressure blew, what we will call, the main valve. That info came from someone I personally know in the "oil" world.

Russian experts suggested a week or so ago the use of a nuclear "device."

In fact, a number of countries said they would come to help and the U. S. refused their help!?!?!

Did I mention that BP had the wrong diagram to close the blowout preventer?

Listen, if you have any other answers/solutions to this catastrophic dilemma, I'm/we're all ears.

in addition, there are these issues-

Methane hydrate threatens more than the oil-spill cleanup

Documents suggest BP, Transocean and Halliburton ignored tests indicating faulty safety equipment, says committee

The Cover-up: BP's Crude Politics and the Looming Environmental Mega-Disaster

The Price and Who Pays: Updates From the Gulf

Lessons From The Gulf Of Mexico

Lawyers: Rig workers asked to sign statements

Is Gulf oil rig disaster far worse than we're being told?

Bottom line, it's a mega clusterfv<k... they don't know how to stop it. The pressure is too great and at almost a mile down in the ocean it's a logistical nightmare.

So, rather than stating "you have no idea", what would you suggest they do?

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Robert Merivel said:
If you have no idea where to begin, that would mean you have no idea. If you have no idea, what are you trying to say?

Russian's drilled on land. 40,000 foot well. You might not find that on Google.

Did I say "Lava?" 2,000,000 pounds per square foot of "volcanic-like" pressure blew, what we will call, the main valve. That info came from someone I personally know in the "oil" world.

Russian experts suggested a week or so ago the use of a nuclear "device."

In fact, a number of countries said they would come to help and the U. S. refused their help!?!?!

Did I mention that BP had the wrong diagram to close the blowout preventer?

Listen, if you have any other answers/solutions to this catastrophic dilemma, I'm/we're all ears.

in addition, there are these issues-

Methane hydrate threatens more than the oil-spill cleanup

Documents suggest BP, Transocean and Halliburton ignored tests indicating faulty safety equipment, says committee

The Cover-up: BP's Crude Politics and the Looming Environmental Mega-Disaster

The Price and Who Pays: Updates From the Gulf

Lessons From The Gulf Of Mexico

Lawyers: Rig workers asked to sign statements

Is Gulf oil rig disaster far worse than we're being told?

Bottom line, it's a mega ... they don't know how to stop it. The pressure is too great and at almost a mile down in the ocean it's a logistical nightmare.

So, rather than stating "you have no idea", what would you suggest they do?

You may want to come in off that edge your living on.

I think in my post ,,,, I said you must be speaking about a land rig? That is a different ball game than deepwater. Try not to use google so much it is obviously overloading your brain housing group.

BP is not considering Nuclear intervention. I know that for a fact. I do not need google to tell me any such crap.

BP do not need any Russian help because there is NO RUSSIAN vessel with the logistical / mechanical capabilities to drill or operate in deepwater.

Just hang tight and wait the day out, lets see if there is some progress on the major leak today.

By the way this has been discussed in another thread for about 2 weeks now. Welcome to the “meg clusterfv<k” as you put it.

Try not to let your inside source within the “oil world” give you anymore information about the “main valve” that you said “what we will call”. That thing is called a Blow Out Preventer and it has more than a Main valve in it. Would you like to tell me how it works? What it is actually designed to do? Is it just some valve?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
You may want to come in off that edge your living on.

I think in my post ,,,, I said you must be speaking about a land rig? That is a different ball game than deepwater. Try not to use google so much it is obviously overloading your brain housing group.

BP is not considering Nuclear intervention. I know that for a fact. I do not need google to tell me any such crap.

BP do not need any Russian help because there is NO RUSSIAN vessel with the logistical / mechanical capabilities to drill or operate in deepwater.

Just hang tight and wait the day out, lets see if there is some progress on the major leak today.

By the way this has been discussed in another thread for about 2 weeks now. Welcome to the “meg clusterfv<k” as you put it.

Try not to let your inside source within the “oil world” give you anymore information about the “main valve” that you said “what we will call”. That thing is called a Blow Out Preventer and it has more than a Main valve in it. Would you like to tell me how it works? What it is actually designed to do? Is it just some valve?

You're twisting the information.
Russia "suggested" the Nuclear approach. They didn't offer "help." (Do your research on who offered to help)

"Just hang tight and wait the day out, lets see if there is some progress on the major leak today."
Really? Sources?

This is circulating, also. Could be disinfo but...
"there are some sites around the web saying the DoD is considering a Hiroshima (or larger) tactical nuke set off underwater to close it down. Could that make things worse? Yes. But are the odds higher it will solve the problem? Maybe. But certainly no decisions will be made public on this until...oh early to mid July-ish."

Here's what my "insider" in the oil world sent-

"No insider info, except that FMC’s equipment was not involved. It was a Cameron http://www.c-a-m.com/ BOP (Blow Out Preventer) device that apparently failed. I’m sure the chatter at FMC Houston HQ is much juicer, but I’m not in the loop with the good ole boys down there.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_Out_Preventer and follow some of the links if you would like to understand the details of this operation. It’s pretty interesting.

We’ll see what BP and the rest can come up with to staunch the flow. http://www.marke****ch.com/story/bp-drops-top-hat-plug-into-water-2010-05-12?dist=countdown Wonder just how much oil is in the dome that they cracked?

I believe that this event will have an ephemeral effect on subsea oil drilling industry, although, as you said this is the worst thing that has ever happened to our planet. I pity the poor *******s on the gulf coast who will be affected by the for decades."

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Robert Merivel said:
You're twisting the information.
Russia "suggested" the Nuclear approach. They didn't offer "help." (Do your research on who offered to help)

"Just hang tight and wait the day out, lets see if there is some progress on the major leak today."
Really? Sources?

This is circulating, also. Could be disinfo but...
"there are some sites around the web saying the DoD is considering a Hiroshima (or larger) tactical nuke set off underwater to close it down. Could that make things worse? Yes. But are the odds higher it will solve the problem? Maybe. But certainly no decisions will be made public on this until...oh early to mid July-ish."

Here's what my "insider" in the oil world sent-

"No insider info, except that FMC’s equipment was not involved. It was a Cameron http://www.c-a-m.com/ BOP (Blow Out Preventer) device that apparently failed. I’m sure the chatter at FMC Houston HQ is much juicer, but I’m not in the loop with the good ole boys down there.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_Out_Preventer and follow some of the links if you would like to understand the details of this operation. It’s pretty interesting.

We’ll see what BP and the rest can come up with to staunch the flow. http://www.marke****ch.com/story/bp-drops-top-hat-plug-into-water-2010-05-12?dist=countdown Wonder just how much oil is in the dome that they cracked?

I believe that this event will have an ephemeral effect on subsea oil drilling industry, although, as you said this is the worst thing that has ever happened to our planet. I pity the poor *******s on the gulf coast who will be affected by the for decades."

I am not doing any research about who wants to offer help etc. Your doing real good with the google search engine. Stick with that.

FMC has nothing to do with this. I like your use of the phrase good ole boys! I understand now where your going. Nice bait! Looks like I am the fool for taking it.

You are sending me to wiki to understand BOP mechanical operations? LMAO nice bait again.

If you use google so much how could you miss the BP named containment box that has been implemented since a couple days ago?

You pity us poor people on the gulf coast who are going to be effected by it? LMAO your pretty good at this game! I pity you and your logical cranium.

Can you please stop the stupid comments regarding tactical nuclear devices?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
I am not doing any research about who wants to offer help etc. Your doing real good with the google search engine. Stick with that.

FMC has nothing to do with this. I like your use of the phrase good ole boys! I understand now where your going. Nice bait! Looks like I am the fool for taking it.

You are sending me to wiki to understand BOP mechanical operations? LMAO nice bait again.

If you use google so much how could you miss the BP named containment box that has been implemented since a couple days ago?

You pity us poor people on the gulf coast who are going to be effected by it? LMAO your pretty good at this game! I pity you and your logical cranium.

Can you please stop the stupid comments regarding tactical nuclear devices?

I am only passing on to you what was passed on to me regarding my friend in the oil business, if you'd just read it as it was clearly quoted. Baiting you? What's your personal difficulty? Are you having trouble reading? I don't use Google. Do your own research and show some sources from your end. Finally, wake up!

THe more I thought about your posts, the more I realized you don't have a clue of what's going on down there and you have yet to produce one source for your claims or one source countering my "claims." I sense your issues are personal, self-serving. Attack the messenger not the message (if that is what is needed). That's easy to do. The distortion of the above quote is a perfect example. This is how it all starts. Then it just snowballs out of control. Stick to the facts, who ever you are. It's a clean deal that way.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
I am not doing any research about who wants to offer help etc. Your doing real good with the google search engine.....

This guy is busting you up all over this thread. I hope buckwheat doesn't come in here pile on as well.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
This guy is busting you up all over this thread. I hope buckwheat doesn't come in here pile on as well.

Yeah he is.

I think this is the same guy I told you about yesterday. You know the one that has a office near mine and wants to put the “Bunker Buster” aka “Daisy Cutter” down-der in dat hole!

This guy is a mensa candidate.

I happen to agree with you wheat on the outrage! By the way I tried to answer or explain my position over on the other thread.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
At least the guy is outraged.:eek:

I'm just seeing if you are paying attention. I am also proud of you for not striking back at me when I called you a lazy lilberal earlier. I didn't really mean that, and I am impressed by your restraint. :D

Do you have one of those programs on your computer that alerts you when I post, like Betsy has when LA's name hits a forum in the far reaches of the internet?

Yeah, he's outraged. He's also a loon. I assume you've read his other posts.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:

Beautifully stated. Thank you.

The Gulf is going dead and all your concern is for is busting people up. Any question why the planet is in such peril? More proof of the "Dumbing down of America" through "progressive education", prescribed drugs, junk food and video games.

I rest my case, again.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I'm just seeing if you are paying attention. I am also proud of you for not striking back at me when I called you a lazy lilberal earlier. I didn't really mean that, and I am impressed by your restraint. :D

Do you have one of those programs on your computer that alerts you when I post, like Betsy has when LA's name hits a forum in the far reaches of the internet?.

Oh, I'm sorry, I was just listening to some Rage Against the Machine. Waakkkeee Up! Good song. Anyway, I like Betsy.

ChrisE said:
Yeah, he's outraged. He's also a loon. I assume you've read his other posts.

He's off the grid?

You know, at Pipeline on the big days, the guys that can really surf hang out, smoke some dope, and watch the lunatics have a go. Then they see where they screwed up, and the good guys have the ability to surf the waves the lunatics couldn't.

He seems to be pretty smart in that he's hiding until the revolution is over. With all his ranting though he's going to give away his position. When he draws fire, at least we'll know where Palin and Cheney are.:eek:

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
This just in on the AP wire.

President Obama has ordered the gulf of Mexico to be cleared of all operations on production platforms, and drilling rigs. All ships are to evacuate the gulf of Mexico as soon as possible. The US coast guard will ensure that all boats / vessels are off the gulf of Mexico as of 16:00 central standard time today May 13, 2010.

At 17:00 the US Naval warship USS Bob Levirem will deploy a Little Boy atomic bomb at the well site MC252 (that means Mississippi Canyon block 252 to you civilians non “oil worlds” types). The fallout is unknown and the effects of dropping this atomic bomb down into the riser,,,,, into a “Volcanic like” situation is also unknown. Please stay tuned to anyone you may know in the “oil worlds” or FMC good ole boys will do,,,, to get the straight skinny!

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Also off the grid.

dale-gribble-1.jpg

Listens to Alex Jones, too.

I'm looking at that picture and lmao.

I can't watch that stuff. I couldn't funtion. I'd be on the brink of alcoholism and suicide. I kinda just got a handle on the drinking too.

This alex jones is prolific at any rate.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Also off the grid.

dale-gribble-1.jpg

Listens to Alex Jones, too.

lmao at this image. Hey I guess I was in the dark about who Alex Jones was. So I "done some research" and found out. Wow if that is true then I wish him the best of luck with his survival seed bank.

Now If I can just get this foxybrown1111 off my jock!

Oncearunner8 said:
Now If I can just get this foxybrown1111 off my jock!

Hah, you are reaping what you have sown on that one. Foxy already admitted in another thread to having a hard time catching sarcasm due to not being a native English speaker.
foxybrown1111 Yeah sure, you sounded like a real Fanboy (kind of this autistic "wonderlance"). You know, if english is not the mother tongue, it´s not easy to see the sarcasm all the time.

Oncearunner, stop while you're only a mile behind. Merivel dropped you faster than Tyson dropped Spinks.

BP's saying they're guessing as to how fast this oil is leaking out, but I'd wager they have some idea that there's a gold mine flowing out of that well and they want to capture it.

If they plug the hole, they're out hundreds of millions, of not more. If they capture the oil, they stand a chance of recouping some of those losses. So, I'm guessing they're done the math and they think it's worth the risk and extra cost to go for capturing the oil. Environmental and social responsibility played no role in that decision, I'm sure.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/05/13/oil-spill-estimate/