• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Page 6 has a virus.

Official London Olympics Doping thread page six has this.

hAJGM.png

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have no such problem.

Here is the link : http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=17913&page=6

rapidas.webcindario.com is a known blacklisted website that can infect your computer with malware according to Google safe browsing.

This website
claims to contain content that is dedicated to women's sprinting in athletics including, biographies, photos, articles, rankings, records and statistics : mywot..........

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/rapidas.webcindario.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-
donuts

Looks like you might be using an older version of Google Chrome, as can be seen in the screenshot in your initial post.

You may need to run some virus scans.

The latest version of Google Chrome is : Version 23.0.1271.64 m.

I prefer Mozilla Firefox.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Scorpius said:
I have no such problem.

Here is the link : http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=17913&page=6

rapidas.webcindario.com is a known blacklisted website that can infect your computer with malware according to Google safe browsing.

This website
claims to contain content that is dedicated to women's sprinting in athletics including, biographies, photos, articles, rankings, records and statistics : mywot..........

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/rapidas.webcindario.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup-
donuts

Looks like you might be using an older version of Google Chrome, as can be seen in the screenshot in your initial post.

You may need to run some virus scans.

The latest version of Google Chrome is : Version 23.0.1271.64 m.

I prefer Mozilla Firefox.

The page displays it depending on what combination of adverts are shown, I didnt get the warning straight away, but if you refresh often enough it appears.

The version of chrome makes no difference, the information used for anti phishing comes from Google, not from within Chrome (Opera uses google anti phishing as well). The fact that you dont get such warnings in Firefox is not really a recommendation of that browser and its lessened security.

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
TheGame said:
The page displays it depending on what combination of adverts are shown, I didnt get the warning straight away, but if you refresh often enough it appears.

The version of chrome makes no difference, the information used for anti phishing comes from Google, not from within Chrome (Opera uses google anti phishing as well). The fact that you dont get such warnings in Firefox is not really a recommendation of that browser and its lessened security.

I use Google Chrome as a second browser sometimes. I had already opened the link to page six of the London Olympics Doping Thread in Google Chrome prior to my initial post to test out that link...... http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=17913&page=6
........to see if I could find the problem that Zam pointed out in his initial post.

I have phishing and malware protection enabled in Google Chrome. I am also using the Chrome extensions, Do Not Track Plus and Add Block Plus. I have reloaded that page numerous (30 odd in Google Chrome) times, to test it out, and I have not come across any problems whatsoever. So as you have already pointed out, the problem arises depending on what combination of adverts are shown.

I am also using the Firefox extension versions of Do Not Track Plus and Add Block Plus with the Firefox Browser.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It's not a virus as such though. This comes up if someone linked a picture or link to website, and the filter finds the website / picture bit suspicious.

Doesn't mean there's a virus. Delete the pic / link from someone posted in that thread on page 6 or 12 and it will be back to normal.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
TheGame said:

Pretty much correct, from what I know. In pwn2own, Chrome remains untouched. However, when you add the noscript app to Firefox (Chrome has a similar add-on) - you significantly increase your security, and decrease the ability of malware site to invade your box. The poster "TheGame", post #3, with the vid that won't close? They are infected with malware.