• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Palmares authenticity of Lience Dopestrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
"I was talking about doping in the mid 90's" ~ LA

World Championship
National Championship
Trofeo Laigueglia
Tour de France stage

Pioneering pickups in the pre-sales period reflected Lience's professional biking skills and abilities.

virgilioroland said:

World Championship
National Championship
Trofeo Laigueglia
Tour de France stage

Pioneering pickups in the pre-sales period reflected Lience's professional biking skills and abilities.

Yep."Pre" doping, Wonderboy didn't even finish in the top 20 in any Tour prior to his "sudden", 7 wins in a row, IIRC.

I *think* his best tour finish was 24th? Then "suddenly" he somehow rattles off 7 wins in a row, and his sheeple, and MANY cycling fans, conveniently set it all aside and believe every word out of his mouth.

The guy was/is a snake oil salesman, who was able to dupe folks into believing he was "cleans", and "all I did swas ride my bike for 6 hours a day, honest", and folks ate it up.

He was already on a full program pre-cancer. Told doctors about steroid and growth hormone use in the hospital. Anyway, after cancer he was just more reckless. Probably tought he is somehow immune and has nothing to lose, which led to an impressive comeback at 1998 Vuelta. After that the dynamic started. The US market is big, Lance was a marketable guy and the UCI needed a hero after Festina.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
virgilioroland said:

World Championship
National Championship
Trofeo Laigueglia
Tour de France stage

Yep."Pre" doping, Wonderboy didn't even finish in the top 20 in any Tour prior to his "sudden", 7 wins in a row, IIRC.

I *think* his best tour finish was 24th? Then "suddenly" he somehow rattles off 7 wins in a row, and his sheeple, and MANY cycling fans, conveniently set it all aside and believe every word out of his mouth.

The guy was/is a snake oil salesman, who was able to dupe folks into believing he was "cleans", and "all I did swas ride my bike for 6 hours a day, honest", and folks ate it up.

He just lost the weight (via cancer)
He has crazy adaptive physiology (which cancer used to transform him)
Most transparent team ever (comeback: hire/fire Don Catlin)
Marginal gains (too many...)
Super CLEAN (actual quote: "Hard work, sacrifice and focus will never show up in tests")
Salbutamol??? Nah... I'm cleared to take that (Cortisone? Here's my back-dated TUE)

This is too easy. It's the same damn script. Anyways, to be on topic, Armstrong deserves no benefit of the doubt and all his winnings aren't just suspect, but are moldering in the compost of cycling history.

John Swanson

Status
Not open for further replies.