• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paracetamol the new drug?

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
1.5 g paracetamol took 30 seconds off in a 10-mile trial, according to this study.

http://jap.physiology.org/content/108/1/98.full

Quite an interesting piece that actually. They conclude that it might be due to increased tolerance of pain which allows intensity to be kept closer to the actual physiological limit which would otherwise not be possible due to influence from the central regulator.

May 23, 2013
Visit site
sideshadow said:
1.5 g paracetamol took 30 seconds off in a 10-mile trial, according to this study.

Quite an interesting piece that actually. They conclude that it might be due to increased tolerance of pain which allows intensity to be kept closer to the actual physiological limit which would otherwise not be possible due to influence from the central regulator.

Interesting this it would seem to be a good TT use and going back my article a good thing use post recovery. But in terms ethics is it breaking the rules? bar of course this idiot response by bike nz man.

He describes taking 1000 mg, which here in Norway is 2 tablets worth(normal adult dosage).

Most people take this when they have a headache.

It doesn't say what type of adhd medication he is using or the dosage.

Normal adhd dosage should not have any physical performance enhancing effects. At least not for non sufferers IMHO.

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
rinse clear said:
Interesting this it would seem to be a good TT use and going back my article a good thing use post recovery. But in terms ethics is it breaking the rules? bar of course this idiot response by bike nz man.

Not for me no. If it's not on WADA's list it's not against the rules. This is a substance that everybody knows and is not some pre-clinical drug like GW etc. It might be a slippery slope towards 'harder' drugs/methods, but for me personally, I don't have a problem with someone taking at safe dosages.

sideshadow said:

It could increase the chances for an overuse injury. Nothing a steroid can't fix though...

I think I remember seeing the ingredient in Tylenol (headache pain reliever) on the banned list, but at such a dose that is unrealistic to tip.

[I don't take ibuprofen often. It decreases the adaption effect after exercise, and doesn't really help connective tissue repair.]